(05-30-2003) U2: The Rest of 1980-2000 On The Way? - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Soar said:
The 3 album Best Of contract is a reality. Now that their with Interscope - wasn?t it their farewell-parting gift / fulfilling any outstanding record contract obligations to Island Records?

They're still under the Island label in Europe and most of the world I think. Interscope is just for America. My Best of 1990-2000 is under the island label.

Putting out a new "best of" would really making them lose their credibility. We need more than 2 or 3 new songs a year... real songs, not remixes.
C'mon guys! where is your creativity? lost in a top model cleavage or at the bottom of a Jack Daniel's? If it is in any of those places, go fish it out (lemme do the lady's cleavage, will you? ;-) and show it to the world! Now!!
F

Personally, I don't believe a Rest Of or any other sort of Best Of would be coming out in the next couple of years, considering the new album and everything, although I would like to see one.

My personal 'Rest Of 1980-2000';

1. Out Of Control
2. A Day Without Me
3. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
4. Gloria
5. Tomorrow
6. Seconds
7. Like A Song ...
8. A Sort Of Homecoming
9. Exit
10. Bullet The Blue Sky (Rattle And Hum version)
11. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
12. The Fly
13. Love Is Blindness
14. Zooropa
15. Some Days Are Better Than Others
16. Last Night On Earth
17. Wake Up Dead Man
18. Elevation
19. Walk On
20. Stories For Boys
21. 40

OK, It's a bit long, but that's what I think it should be!

Where is the source of this information? I don't think U2 is dumb enough to put out another Best Of so close to an album release. It's too silly to even believe...I don't buy it for 2 seconds.

Come on,bollocks!!!

THE 3RD BEst of WILL BE the best of 2000-2010. And they have saved Elevation and Walk on for that one just in case they don?t have enough singles at that point.

That?s my opinion and I can?t find any other explanation for leaving behind Walk on and Elevation..they were realised on 2001,by the way... it suits better the 2000-2010.

And... then,if they go on making records till they are 60,they will put out THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION:U2 1980-2020. You?ll see,it?s all the company fault,for love or money.. clearly the second.

Does anyone suddenly want this album? Maybe I'm just feeling like I need it because the above article had the words "new", "U2" and "album" in it........

and that will be the last of the three "best of" albums they agreed to release with Polygram back in 1998 (when best of 80-90 was released). but it shoiuld have been a 2000-2010...there must be something related to this contract (legal crap)...
maybe a limited double CD edition New Album+the rest of 80-00...that'd be interesting...

i think u2 should follow the example of pearl jam and fulfill all their obligations on their current contract and then drop labels all together. that way they'll be free to put out whatever they want, whenever they want, and not have to worry about third best of albums or rushed albums (i.e. pop) or whatever else...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i think u2 should follow the example of pearl jam and fulfill all their obligations on their current contract and then drop labels all together. that way they'll be free to put out whatever they want, whenever they want, and not have to worry about third best of albums or rushed albums (i.e. pop) or whatever else...

Great Idea!:yes:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

hmmm, i doubt that we would see any new material (after that period) soon if they did that. i think they need the big stick.

Back
Top Bottom