(05-28-2003) Bono Really Loves His Hat - Ananova *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.ananova.com/

Bono pays ?1,000 to fly favourite hat to Italy

Bono reportedly splashed out ?1,000 to have his trilby flown first class to Italy. The U2 singer had forgotten to pack his favourite hat for a charity gig with Luciano Pavarotti.

So he organised an epic journey to ensure it arrived safely from England, reports The Sun. First a cab took the hat to Gatwick Airport from West London, running up a ?100 fare and tip. Once there, stewards collected the trilby and put it on Monday's 1.40pm British Airways flight to Bologna, costing Bono ?442.

But even though it had its own first class seat, flight attendants were concerned it would go missing or get squashed so they moved it into the cockpit. On touch-down, a ?150 hired driver grabbed the hat and sped to Modena, Pavarotti's home town and the venue for the concert.

An insider told The Sun: "Including ?200 insurance and tips, he spent about ?1,000 flying it out - but that's nothing compared to the amount he'll have raised on the night."

I don't know... Is he balding? In all his recent public appearances he wears smth over his head...

The funny thing is that the press claims that it was a black hat. I have never seen Bono wearing a black hat. The hat he had in Modena was olive green! Wierd.

:laugh: Reason #936 why I want to be a rock star...I can't believe the hat had it's own first class seat.

:lmao:

I don't think this story is true, either. The hat he was wearing in Modena was olive green, not black. He was in either France or Rome--or both--before he was in Modena, not England. Good grief, I feel like I'm writing a story called the Mystery of Bono's Hat.

*cracks up* Well no matter if the story is true or not, it's still hilarious... but still, if it's true, it bugs me that they reported on this... won't it just give the cynics another reason to proclaim that Bono is pretentious and... celebrity-ish?

If J-lo had done this people would be ripping her apart.

But because it's Bono, it's somehow cute.

Not that I really care one way or another, but it just doesn't sound like him.

Although it happened last may, can anyone confirm this story of flying hat first class. Anyone know if the hat he wore at concert May 27 in Modena was the hat he flew?

Back
Top Bottom