(05-27-2003) Bono Offers New Info Ahead of Charity Concert - La Stampa *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.lastampa.it/

Below is a very rough translation via Babelfish from Italy's La Stampa newspaper who interviewed Bono ahead of the Pavarotti&Friends concert today.

Bono sings Miserere with "friend" the Pavarotti
of Marinella Venegoni

"Every time that I return in study after a travel in Africa, musics succeed better. The new disc comes well, will be full of guitar "

Scenes of a sultry afternoon to the tests of the park Novi Sad. Black rosary to the neck ("Is what the Pope has given me ", will explain) and trod military cap to the contrary, Bono intona in Italian "Miserere", and of it it reads with some caution the text. Sugar (the author) accompanies pianoforte he and Pavarotti; then they turn on Schubert: "Hail Maria, to there is to justice in this world" sings Bono, and the creeps comes you. Naturally its is only a prayer, the justice in this world often makes those that it can and not ce ago just; but he is comforting to find again a fist of star here that they are not limited to make the affaracci own, that they abandon wealthy villas and beautiful families, than put in game for one just cause.

In camiciona rose shocking, Big Luciano makes its part in the duetto with the charismatic leader of the U2, not limiting itself to whisper like of usual makes the tests. Under to the theater box, Eric Clapton is seated to cook in platea in the feracious warmth of the Lowland; and while Ricky Martin is sheltered in the conditioned air, Nicoletta Mantovani watches strict the course of the jobs (its Alice small rests elsewhere: "By now hung more than 6 chili, it is all Luciano", has confessed to us).

The Pavarotti & Friends in this evening directed wave in on Raiuno wants to help to return to house ventimila families irachene forced to remain the not too much for 30 years in friendly Iran, in order to escape to Saddam: it is the plan of the High Commissariat of the UN for Shelters to you. The tenor this evening will try to collect deep the necessary ones to the Biblical enterprise, duettando with its arcinoti Friends: Bono, Eric Clapton, Zucchero and Ricky Martin, exactly; perhaps perhaps but also Andrea Bocelli, Deep Purple, Queen, Laura Pausini, Lionel Richie and Liza Minnelli (in because, poverina, the other evening has fallen from the scales of the Baglioni Hotel of Bologna and s' are broken off the rotula skillful; she is ingessata until the inguine, operate it tomorrow but it swears that she will be on the theater box at all costs).

900 mila euro they are already in the cases of the UNHCR, fruit of the sale of tickets of the show. Those moneies go straight to the UN from the banks, without to pass from Modena, us have explained Nicoletta: like every engaged year to reject to controversies and suspiciones on a show only to the world, than for 9 years it has gone in wave on Raiuno but stavolta - and with a fior of cast that it collects the best of the passages editions - in wave it goes to us miraculously, after that the same Maestrone and its Decca label have put moneies that RAI was not more disposed to pull outside.

"there are incomprensibili things in this world: and only Pavarotti can put with a cast therefore - Andrea Bocelli commented -. Beyond to the fact that in our country of art and of culture, the beneficienza is the only one that concurs to produce one show of high level: sign that we are a poor Country ".

Poor Tv in poor country, RAI to the fine ones has succeeded in ficcare also Luisa Corna here, the Parietti of beginning century, that it will lead the countdown before the directed one.

We, more modestly, have chatted with Bono that perhaps, after to have red-adapt the text of "Hail Maria", this evening he chooses "Miserere": "Sugar it has written for Luciano 7 years ago and I had not never sung it. They have grown listening to the work of Pavarotti with my father, and I have this risen of memory of the language ".

He will say something in scene?
"Not, it is not the just context. I do not want to be a polemicist professional ".

Where he finds much energy in order to continue the campaign for Africa and to continue the recordings of the next one cd?
"Interesting what Succeeds one: every time that then I return in study, musics come better, are like benzine ".

How goes the disc?
"A job is exiting much fort, full load of guitars, The Edge is indeed prodigando: easiest it is never made, is music rock. We will exit around to Been born them, we will go in tour the next year ".

Why in order to sing alone this evening it has chosen "One"?
"the history books will say that this is a time outside from the ordinary, like the age of II the world war: a song as " One " is on the differences. We try to be one: because the peace costs beloved, but the war still more ".

To read the article in Italian, visit:
http://www.lastampa.it/_web/_RUBRICHE/musica/articolo1.asp

Last edited:
"We will exit around to Been born them, we will go in tour the next year "."

This means the album will be out by Christmas according to atu2.

By the way, thanks again for the first on the news Hello Angel :)

Back
Top Bottom