(05-26-2004) Rumor: U2 Album Wrapping in France? -- U2Achtung *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor: U2 Album Wrapping in France?

French fan site U2 Achtung is quoting an article from Le Parisien stating that Bono and Edge are in the South of France putting the finishing touches on the forthcoming U2 album. The boys were spotted in the region over the weekend, attending the Monaco Grand Prix with Interscope Records head, and "Rattle & Hum" producer, Jimmy Iovine. Though there is currently only speculation, Iovine's presence could mean that he is lending a hand to the production or mixing of the album, or he is checking out the final product.

Below is the excerpt (in French) from U2Achtung:
Et merci ? Isabelle et dede qui nous avertissent par e-mail pour nous dire que le journal Le Parisien rapporte que Bono et The Edge se sont rendus ? la villa de Man Ray, durant le week end, pour assister ? une f?te donn?e pour le film Clean d'Olivier Assayas. Le Parisien ajoute que Bono et The Edge sont aussi dans le Sud de la France pour apporter des touches finales au prochain album de U2.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for more updates on the U2 album.

perfect, I'm going to south of France on Friday. I will look and investigate. Anybody know of a recording studio down there where they could be?

mellyinsf said:
perfect, I'm going to south of France on Friday. I will look and investigate. Anybody know of a recording studio down there where they could be?

At Bono's beach house located in Eze (Sur Mer).

RademR said:
I hope hes checking out the final product.

I also think this is what's going on. Remember that Iovine is CEO of Interscope Records, which is the record label U2's records are distributed by in America (USA, Canada, etc.). Last weekend Bono, Iovine and some other bigshots from Universal Music (the record company that is both mother to Interscope and Island, i.e. U2's worldwide record label) were seen partying in Dublin. Probably Iovine went with Bono to Monaco for the Grand Prix and maybe listened to the new stuff. Apart from being a producer and a record label boss, he's also friends with U2.

C ya!

Marty

As to them "putting the finishing touches" to the record in France, that can't be right. They're already back in Dublin, and were spotted by a big gang of fans at the studio yesterday. I think they were probably just having a fun weekend. The nerve! How dare they?
Really, I do think this means the album's done.:D

France / Iovine

Biff may have it right.
This weekend trip appears to be nothing more than a party to celebrate a fine masterpiece. Or should I say "Finally a Master!"
Iovine got to listen at HQ, but nothing more. He should be glad that they let him upstairs! NO LEAKS!
Also, work on U2 albums gets done all the time with 25% of the band missing (Bono), but never when there is lack of a quorum.

I like the fact the band seems to go from on corner of Europe to the other in such a rapid way!

That's what I call mobility!!

And then, Bono said the temperate clima is "good for my voice"
So this makes me hope that the new album is approaching!

Great!!!

I've just come back from Dublina nd spoke to both Bono and Edge yesterday, Edge said that the album is going great and will be out in November.

That is THIS November!!:wink:

yep thanks to report our news ;-)
Yesterday, I was at Bono's house in South of France and talk to people around, they told me they had just left a few days ago...:no: :rant:

fredo
u2achtung.com

Back
Top Bottom