(05-26-2003) Bono Parties With Naomi Campbell - USA Today *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.usatoday.com/

Campbell bash lights up night
By Kelly Carter

ST. TROPEZ, France ? So much for boycotting France. Naomi Campbell's 33rd birthday party proved too tempting for many celebrities to miss.

A whopping 1,200 guests turned out for the supermodel's bash Saturday at Nikki Beach. Bono, record producer Damon Dash, Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, film producer Lawrence Bender, Ivana Trump and fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana were among the well-wishers.

Although the party was not a surprise, the details were. Campbell's New York-based marketing company NC Connect teamed with party planner Thomas Martin of Global Talent Group to secretly plan the evening, and wouldn't let her see the venue, where she had never been.

"I had no idea what was going to happen tonight," Campbell said, looking around the party in disbelief. "I'm just very, very happy. All my real friends that love me (are here)."

Some of the guests brought gifts, but that wasn't important to Campbell, who spent the last week here aboard her yacht Lady in Blue, which she co-owns with ex-beau Flavio Briatore.

"The people are the gifts to me," she said. "People came from so far, Turkey, Hong Kong, New York, Brazil."

Rumors have Campbell dating Cirque du Soleil founder and CEO Guy Lalibert, but she said, "No, we're best friends. We're like brother and sister."

Guests feasted from a buffet of French, Italian and Thai food and drank Mo?t & Chandon champagne from 9 p.m. to sunrise.

Leave it to the supermodel to make a costume change. Campbell arrived at the party in a mini-dress designed by Azzedine Alaia, the first designer she modeled for when she was 15, but after a few hours switched to a short number by Dolce & Gabbana.

In addition to Dolce & Gabbana, NC Connect does marketing for Roc-a-wear, Jay-Z's clothing line, run by Dash. Look for Campbell and Victoria Beckham to appear in Roc-a-wear ads later this year.

"The Victoria Beckham thing was really all (Naomi's) idea," Dash said.

? Copyright 2003 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom