(05-21-2003) Rumor: U2 Songs on Tomb Raider 2 Soundtrack - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2News has been told that two U2 songs are rumored to be on the soundtrack to the upcoming Tomb Raider sequel, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life starring Angelina Jolie. As fans will remember, U2 scored a huge hit not so long ago with "Elevation" from the first movie's soundtrack in 2001. We cannot confirm that this information is valid, however, the Interference message boards have found some info on the IMBD and DotMusic boards.

Edit (05/22/03): Elektra Records, the label who released the first Tomb Raider soundtrack, has NO knowledge of U2's presence on the soundtrack. We are working with other sources to confirm the rumor.

The proposed tracklisting for the Tomb Raider 2 Soundtrack is:

1. U2 - Again
2. TLC - First Ever
3. Missy Elliot/Timbaland - Let's Go
4. Melanie C - Revolution
5. Pink feat. Lil' Kim - Stay Together Or Not
6. Meja - Shout
7. Mariah Carey - A World Without War
8. Eminem - Not To Die
9. Alanis Morissette - Get Up, Get Up
10. Everything But The Girl - Missing (Tomb Raider Mix)
11. U2 - Try To Believe This
12. Lene Marlin - All Alone
13. N*E*R*D - Lady Weapon
14. Chemical Brothers - You Can Fly
15. Angelina Jolie - For The Time Being Goodbye

Thank you, Kilgor!

Last edited:
God, I hope they are not on the Tomb Raider soundtrack. Why not just release two new songs on iTunes? Or just release as a single. Tomb Raider is cheese.

womanfish said:
Elevation a "huge hit"? If by huge hit, you mean not a hit at all, then yes, yes it was. :)

I've been in bars when Elevation comes on the juke box. Just about everyone starts singing the "whoo-hoo" part. Maybe not a Billboard hit, but it was pretty popular in Summer 01.

MrBrau1 said:

I've been in bars when Elevation comes on the juke box. Just about everyone starts singing the "whoo-hoo" part. Maybe not a Billboard hit, but it was pretty popular in Summer 01.

Thank you. :)

First of all, people, don't judge the success of their songs by chart position. "All I want is you" charted at #81 at it's peak, but it's still a well known U2 hit....especially among the women folk. "Elevation" was a pretty big hit. It was on MTV a lot, and it was on the radio a fair amount. Everybody knew the song. It was a hit. Not like Stuck in a moment or Beautiful Day, but it did was bigger than Electrical Storm.

Anyways.....when does the Lara Croft movie come out?? Cause if it's later in the fall, then the soundtrack just might be the vessel that carries U2's lead-off single. If the movie comes out this summer, then maybe the first single will come out too, and then the album will follow in the fall. Also, maybe at the Special Olympics, they'll debut this song "again". Sounds good...just my wishful thinking.

This is a joke.

The song "Again" is a joke, saying that they're doing it again.
The song "Try to believe this", also a U2 song, isn't really a title. It's say "hey, you dumbass, try to believe this joke."

Plus, Angelina Jolie singing a song........:no:

the 1st track, U2's song is called "again", b/c they were on the first soundtrack.
the 2nd track, TLC's "First ever", is b/c they were not on the first soundtrack.

Again (no pun), this is a prank. Take it as nothing more.

I think EBTG, U2 and the Chemicals are too classy to be rubbing shoulders with Pink and co, no? ;)

Elevation is the only song by U2 most of my peers in my age group (13-16) know.

The_acrobat said:
This is a joke.

The song "Again" is a joke, saying that they're doing it again.
The song "Try to believe this", also a U2 song, isn't really a title. It's say "hey, you dumbass, try to believe this joke."

Plus, Angelina Jolie singing a song........:no:

the 1st track, U2's song is called "again", b/c they were on the first soundtrack.
the 2nd track, TLC's "First ever", is b/c they were not on the first soundtrack.

Again (no pun), this is a prank. Take it as nothing more.

I thought of this too... but you have to remember, this rumor originated on a Mel C board, (it subsequnelty made it's way to a Mariah Carey board, then dotmusic and IMDb). Why would an inside joke regarding U2 songs be started at a Mel C board?

Dorian Gray said:

I thought of this too... but you have to remember, this rumor originated on a Mel C board, (it subsequnelty made it's way to a Mariah Carey board, then dotmusic and IMDb). Why would an inside joke regarding U2 songs be started at a Mel C board?

Hmmm.........worth pondering, indeed. It may very well be true....who are we to say? It'd be so awesome if it was true, just to get some new songs.

When does the movie/soundtrack come out?

Back
Top Bottom