(05-13-2004) New Album... More Hints and Clues! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
New Album... More Hints and Clues!

Could it be November ? The next U2 album could be set for an Autumn release, according to comments by Paul McGuinness in the last few days.

U2?s manager told BBC Radio Five Live that he was hoping for a November album release, with a tour to follow - opening in the US, next Spring.

Speaking after a university debate in Oxford, England, on whether ?reality TV is killing live music?, Paul was up against Neil Fox (Capital Radio DJ, and ?Pop Idol? judge) Damon Gough (Badly Drawn Boy) and journalist Miranda Sawyer. But, adding to his case, he had Nick Rhodes (Duran Duran) and David Hepworth (founding editor of Q magazine.)

And as to what kind of tour the band are thinking of, that remains up for discussion, according to further remarks Paul made to the LA Times.

It will be defined by ?the character of the new album and the new production.?

?In the case of U2, it's more a function of what kind of music they want to do, rather than what kind of box-office gross they want to achieve.

'Certainly playing indoors is much easier, and the logistics are much more controlled,' he added. 'Now that high ticket prices indoors are accepted, if you're going to take the audience to a big outdoor event, you'd really have to be doing something very, very good, and we would take that responsibility very seriously. If we decide to go outdoors, it will be because it's worth doing something on a grand scale.'

More clues, hints and teasing remarks as we get them.

As always, stay tuned to Interference.com for the latest in U2 News!

It seems that if Paul's statement was not true, they would avoid putting it on u2.com

Instead we see that it's on the official site, so this means it must be true...

The statement remains not-definite, however by being on the site we are one more step closer to believing it...

:scream: I was hoping not to see any more phrases that say " I am hoping for a November release". Atleast this is more definite then anything else that has been reported. I am soooo impatient! :crazy:

uh what was the point of this thread????
youre just repeating what we already know with a decieving title.
i opened this up thinking, "hooray, news!!!!!!!" nope same old recycled shit. alright, mcguiness said november....we get it. theres no need to keep seeing that same exact quote pop up eleventy billion times :mad:

Thanks for posting! I always check Interference before U2.com and November's not that far off (cause that likely means a single in Sept)...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
because it's the first time that u2.com, the official band website, has actually posted this "same old recycled shit"

and this is the first "news" on the new album posted on u2.com since the announcement that lillywhite was comming on board back in january.

Thank you. :) I was about to write the same thing. Was hoping that fact that this was a U2.com first for this new album wouldn't be lost on some.

oh, pfff i stopped checking u2.com like 5 months ago. they never update the site anymore. u2.com is a joke

to paraphrase

"What will the tour look like? It will look how it's supposed to look Will it be indoors, or outdoors? We'd like to go indoors, But we'd like to go outdoors"

I find it funny that the "confirmation" by u2.com is in the form of a question: "could it be november?"

gee guys....I don't know.
maybe you could actually tell us someday.

Haha. It appears U2 has achieved the musical equivolent of crying wolf.

They've been teasing us for 2 years. Now that they're finally putting the damn thing out, and we get some concrete news, the fans are more angry at them than anything.

How long can they tickle our asses with a feather?

...but I'm sure the album will be worth the wait. November...December...whenever.

Hey, remember Pop where they had to cancel the first week of tours? For this album I believe the doing with the time they need to complete it! Also is the album about how "relitay tv is killing music?"

Back
Top Bottom