(05-10-2004) Update: Bono at the Movies -- Los Angeles Times *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Update: Bono at the Movies

Last year U2News reported that Bono would be appearing in a documentary about poet Charles Bukowski. It finally looks like this documentary is being released. According to the "Summer Sneaks" feature in the Los Angeles Times, "Bukowski: Born Into This" will be released May 28.

Of the film, the Times writes:

Bukowski: Born Into This
Documentary
Magnolia Pictures
With: Bono, Sean Penn, Harry Dean Stanton, Barbet Schroeder, Taylor Hackford.
The idea: Interviews with writer Charles Bukowski and those he influenced yield a portrait of the man beneath the myth.
Director: John Dullaghan
So? King Barfly

Earlier, the New York Times had given "Bukowski: Born Into This" a June 4 release date so check your local listings for more information.

--Los Angeles Times

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75883

Last edited by a moderator:
I went and saw this today. I don't care much for poetry in general, and I have very little patience for crazy men, but the movie was very good. I imagine that it's even better if you're a Bukowski fan. It's an eyes-wide-open, yet very loving tribute to Charles Bukowski. Bono is onscreen for about 8 minutes total, with three different segments.

Bono looked epecially good in his purple tintied shades. The doc was good I learned some things about bukowski I did not know. I guess sean penn and bono are buddies.

Back
Top Bottom