(04-22-2004) September Date for 'Sky Captain' Song? - EOnline*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Sky Captain Delayed in Theaters

Interesting development in-line with rumors about a new U2 song soundtrack appearance and a recent Bono comment about a "single in September" has surfaced today with the announcement that the Jude Law movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" has been delayed by Paramount Pictures and will now be released on September 17th, instead of the original release date of June 25th. The June date had previously given rise to many theories by U2 fans that a new single would surface in the summer of 2004, and would possibly be a soundtrack single.

Stay tuned for more information!

Many thanks to Devlin!

http://www.eonline.com/

Sorta black and white photography, but with colored accents. It's got the look of old sci-fi movies, with airplanes and evil flying machines. I don't know anything about the history of the thing, but it reminded me of the look of Metropolis.

Plus, Jude Law is in it. :wink:

It seems weird for U2 to release their 1st single as part of a movie tie-in, especially since the film isn't one of those "art" pics, though it is original looking.

wow. I am in school for recording arts right now and my interest is in sound design and post production sound for movies. We just had a project where we created all the sound effects and music for the 1 minute Sky Captain trailer. I had no idea who the actors were going to be in it. crazy. Supposedly the person that created the movie, quit their job and spent a year and a half creating the groundwork for this movie. The first person in the industry that it was shown to offered him a deal right then and there. Should be pretty cool. Now I'm going to go find the real trailer and see how it compares with mine. :)

Last edited:
Well, it wouldn't be the 1st time a lead single from a new album would be included in a soundtrack...

Guns N' Roses - You Could Be Mine, from the album Use Your Illusion II and soundtrack for Terminator 2 : Judgment Day

Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do)I Do It For You, from the album Waking Up The Neighbors and soundtrack for Robin Hood, Prince Of Thieves

so it's possible and this should be good news

bugo said:
well this is great news! U2 seem to like movie soundtracks anyway!

Why shouldn't they?
I mean -- have you got clear in your mind how effective are U2's songs in some movies? Not only in the ones with heroes, but of course also in Wender's movie and others...

I just think that u2's music and the movies go on so well together!!!

womanfish said:
wow. I am in school for recording arts right now and my interest is in sound design and post production sound for movies. We just had a project where we created all the sound effects and music for the 1 minute Sky Captain trailer. I had no idea who the actors were going to be in it. crazy. Supposedly the person that created the movie, quit their job and spent a year and a half creating the groundwork for this movie. The first person in the industry that it was shown to offered him a deal right then and there. Should be pretty cool. Now I'm going to go find the real trailer and see how it compares with mine. :)

Hey I went to recording atrs school for 2 years as well back in 1991 which was cool, you should find out if U2 is putting a song for that album, use some 'social engineering'. :sexywink:

so they're relly doing a soundtrack again? hmmmm, :shrug: i don't like that they associate they're new album, or indeed new single, to a movie, the album should be only their exclusive

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom