(04-09-2003) New U2 Album News - "Four Songs To Go"? - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What in the world does anything from the past or you have to do with my post?

And why did you comment then in the first place??

:down:

Tip Top Prince said:

I'm sure you already know. Let's not get "dirty laundry" shall we?

That's right Rufus, keep your dirty tighty whiteys to yourself, ok?

You really shouldnt bring up the bad odors.

Sicy said:
Wanderer and Gickies.. if all you have are negative things to say, please refrain from commenting in these threads. This forum is the most viewed forum on interference and it really makes us look bad when all you seem to do is put down a band that supposably you love so much.

oh I'm sorry, what was I thinking?? when did Ruppert Murdock become the CEO of this site?

2 studio albums in 10 years is great. remember we got 2 crucial Best Of's and an album they wouldnt put the band's name on (which I like, wish they would have the balls to do more stuff like that).

still need work at being a "yes" man, especially since the band and its management reads this :wink:

gabrielvox said:
MESSAGE TO BONO AND U2:

Take your time. Record the songs left or whatever at a speed that feels comfortable for you.

Spend some time with your families.

Keep up the good work in your charitable pursuits.

Quality, not speed, is what I'm looking for.

I can be patient. I have 20+ years of great music to fall back on.

Thanks guys.

PS...and don't let the bastards grind you down...

:up:

is it just me, or does it seem like it hasn't been THAT long since the new album/tour?

not nearly as long as the wait between pop and elevation. i was surprised, actually, to hear that they would tour again so soon.

it's been 2 1/2 years already since the last album was released. 1 1/2 since the tour ended. so when will the album come out? in november 2003? march 2004? at this pace, it will be their last album/tour, because the customary 3 years between albums/tours would lead us all the way to 2007 or 2008... they'd all be in their late 40s, seems unlikely

2 and a half years isn't a long time considering U2's breaks between albums. Or a year and a half since the tour.

(october 2003 or later release would make it 3 years)

What makes you think this would be their last album/tour?
I don't see why they should quit touring anytime soon if they were so happy with the Elevation tour, a few years here or there won't stop them. I don't know what will happen after they're, say, in their 50s (I don't know how touring from now on will affect Bono's voice - not too much I hope), but until then surely they'll still be on the road.

For all we know the album after this one could be a quicker release - like Zooropa or Rattle and Hum (or, while we're at it - Passengers also followed Zooropa fairly quick) were to the previous albums.

Last edited:
The_acrobat said:
I read this as well, in PLEBA under the subforum "Band Sightings and Meetings" or whatever it's called. I hope this information is correct, and not some fan trying to get everyone stirred up.

THe girl who met Adam is a reliable fan, from what I know of her. Anyway, I'd trust her. But I know what you mean about people sometimes getting too excited.

On the other hand, no where did he say he only had "4 songs to go." :huh:

If it was done this year, :hyper: :applaud:

oliveu2cm said:

THe girl who met Adam is a reliable fan, from what I know of her. Anyway, I'd trust her. But I know what you mean about people sometimes getting too excited.

On the other hand, no where did he say he only had "4 songs to go." :huh:

If it was done this year, :hyper: :applaud:

It's actually in a post on down in the forum where the 4 songs are mentioned to be left. But it's there.

Yeah it does seem like its taken a bit of awhile for the new album to get released. However I do understand how they wouldnt want to oversaturate U2 and have a Rattle & Hum era implosion again.
Nonetheless what would have been cool is if they released maybe a series of old concerts to tide us over until the new CD comes out. I would love to see the band release some old concerts on CD, kind of like what Phish is doing.

Eric

Skwege said:

Nonetheless what would have been cool is if they released maybe a series of old concerts to tide us over until the new CD comes out. I would love to see the band release some old concerts on CD, kind of like what Phish is doing.

Eric

thats a really good idea.

The Wanderer said:
it would be different from someone like Phish or Pearl Jam though, cause U2 always play the same songs

Well I would only do one or two from each tour. Just significant ones. It would be nice to get ZooTV on CD or DVD.
Also how about seeing U2's entire back catalog remastered and released on CD and SACD in nice digipacks like the Police Remasters:)

Unfortunately most live bootlegs are crappy audience recordings. Not to mention I hate CDRs.
Im sure U2 has a relatively deep archive of rare live material. I wouldnt mind some ZooTV shows. One from each leg. For example
Lakeland Florida 2/29/92
Milan Italy 5/22/92
Washington DC 8/16/92 (already own a silver bootleg of this, but would happily buy an official release)
London England 8/11/93
Sydney Australia 11/27/93

The Wanderer said:
it would be different from someone like Phish or Pearl Jam though, cause U2 always play the same songs

Well you need to play the big hits/singles and songs from the new album; apart from that (if you use visual effects, even more so) there really isn't that much to play. If they don't play a song on the first tour (for example if they didn't play Acrobat on Zoo TV, I doubt they'll do it now), it's not likely.
However on the last tour they played A LOT of old songs - a lot more than the previous two tours.

cant wait new u2 this time im going to go to this tour i miss the last but this time im there

awe come on

Gickies Gageeze said:
well you have to understand wanderer, that bono had to spend time recording a duet with j.lo.

priorities, dear wanderer, are surely in order.

but on a more serious note, i dont get why they take so long to put out a freaking album. they remind me of krusty rib burgers - they process the hell out of it.

hey.. it's perfectly normal for a band like them to take it a bit easier. They (well Bono) have side projects that they have the very right to spent time on if they want to. Family/ private life also should be enjoyed plenty ^_^.
They did a mamoth tour and were really worn out afterwards (I really felt bad for them the last leg)

They ar eno freaking Boygroup/ teeny idols that has to pop out a new album every year.

Any I'd rather wait a couple of years, where they take their time, gather inspiration and new strenghth to blow my mind :)
Once it's been realesed the U2 circus will get rolling again (concerts *yay*)
and it'll will be worth to have waited so long

yeppa!

Back
Top Bottom