(04-08-2003) Want to see Cher perform U2? Tune in Tonight! - LAUNCH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(04-08-2003) Want to see Cher perform U2? Tune in Tonight! - LAUNCH *

http://launch.yahoo.com/

'Cher: The Farewell Tour' Airs Tuesday

(4/8/03, 7 a.m. ET) -- On Tuesday night (April 8), Cher says goodbye to life on the road in Cher: The Farewell Tour. The two-hour special was taped last November in Miami and includes material from all phases of Cher's career.

She opens the show with her rendition of "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," and belts out tunes like "Believe," "If I Can Turn Back Time," and "Song For The Lonely." The special includes an interview in which Cher explains why she's leaving lavish stage productions behind, as well as videos and the singer's trademark wild costumes.

Cher: The Farewell Tour airs Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET on NBC-TV.

Cher said she wanted her final road show to impress viewers: "We just would sit around and kick around the songs and think, 'How can we make this so pleasing to the eye and also to completely bombard the senses--overload the senses so that you're seeing and feeling and hearing, and there's everything happening around you so that you're kind of sucked into it. You're not just listening to music.'"

-- Sofia Fernandez, Los Angeles

Darn! My childhood hero retiring? Shoot-and i have to work tonite! Darn-2 jobs don't leave much time for anything-except sleep! Oh well, will hafta get the video! Go Cher!

I heard the her rendition of the song a while back in one of these sites dedicated to cover songs ....gotta say ruined the song for me...I still like her other songs but there are certain things she has to stay away from!!!!!

Cher.. she was great.. Good cover of the song. I'd rather her sing it than some no talented, un im- passioned person.. well you get the picture. Love the lyrics, and where it comes from .. period.

My reaction to her cover of the song isn't nearly as positive-my review can be summed up with this smiley: :crack:...

I still like Cher as a person, though. I'm not a huge fan of her music overall-there's a couple of songs I don't mind, but I'm not a big fan.

But she still seems like a neat person. And with the clips of movies they showed that she was in-she is a pretty good actress. I've seen that movie "Mask", and she did good there.

Quite a stage spectacle-so much stuff going on on the stage.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom