(04-08-2003) Darren Hayes Wants U2 - Darren Hayes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.darrenhayesmusic.com/

Yesterday in an exclusive online chat with his fanclub, former lead singer of Savage Garden, Darren Hayes, revealed that if he had his druthers, he'd recruit U2's The Edge and Adam Clayton as his backing band of choice!

Thank you, Sara!

Really? Excellent taste-Too bad they are taken! ha-lol! Well, if he has time, they do have heirs...h alol1 :>) Just teasin'..! Thanx for the news!

Yeah, I'd bet most singers want the Edge and Adam to their "backing band". Please, the Edge is an excellent singer himself.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Doesn't surprise me-thanks to my sister becoming a fan of Darren Hayes, I found out he's a HUGE U2 fan. He says his favorite song is "With Or Without You".

That's cool. The man's got good taste.

Angela

This is not a good time to say I own a Savage Garden CD, no? :sexywink:

I read an interview once that he actually tried to grow his hair long and wear leather jackets and sunglasses to look like Achtung-era Bono. Dorky, but what the hey. I guess it shows how huge a fan he is.

Think Daz is an Inteferencer? He'd be pretty at home here.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:

This is not a good time to say I own a Savage Garden CD, no? :sexywink:

I read an interview once that he actually tried to grow his hair long and wear leather jackets and sunglasses to look like Achtung-era Bono. Dorky, but what the hey. I guess it shows how huge a fan he is.

Think Daz is an Inteferencer? He'd be pretty at home here.

Hey! I own tons of Savage garden stuff and his solo stuff too. I :heart: Darren! Darren would probably be a lurker if he did come here.. :wave: Hey Darren!! lol

have to admit that I have the 1st Savage Garden CD so hearing him praise the group and really enjoy them as a fan like us is real cool!:yes: :wave:

Hey, Darren Hayes is cool-my sister has that first Savage Garden CD-I got it for her for Christmas-good stuff on there (I love the song "Break Me, Shake Me" in particular).

And hey, if he'd started looking like Achtung Baby Bono...that wouldn't be such a bad thing...;).

Actually, he's not that bad looking a guy in the first place.

Angela

The first Savage Garden cd was great. I luv "to the moon and back". But some of their subsequent stuff, like "the animal song", and " i knew I loved u before i met u" and that recent "irresistable" song are so much pop shlop! It's like they were made for radio play. I can't stand them!

mystery girl said:
The first Savage Garden cd was great. I luv "to the moon and back". But some of their subsequent stuff, like "the animal song", and " i knew I loved u before i met u" and that recent "irresistable" song are so much pop shlop! It's like they were made for radio play. I can't stand them!

Insatiable is the song :) But any way cause it's pop doesn't mean it's bad. Early beatles?? I like some pop music. There is crappy rock music too. you should listen to the rest of the albums those songs are on. You can still be free on affirmation is a beautiful song. It highlights his falsetto and it helped me through some tough times

Savage Garden is okay.

Darren went for the POP look during the tour for their first album... with the shades and everything.

It's not really my style of music, but Tears of Pearls (I think?) is pretty good...but I think he sounds a lot like Michael Jackson (before he got weird and stuff)--so it's a compliment.

Back
Top Bottom