(04-03-2004) Vote For Your Favorite U2 Song! - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE U2 SONG!

Calling all U2 fans - we want to know what your favourite U2 song is?

Do you fancy 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' or is it always a 'Beautiful Day' for you 'When Love Comes To Town'. Can 'One' be 'Even Better Than The Real Thing'. Or would your vote go for 'Where the Streets Have No Name'?

Vote in our special NME poll to decide on the greatest U2 song ever. You will need to click here to start voting: http://nme.com/features/108053.htm

My first post here, here goes.

My entry was for With or Without You. (if we had to choose one song - a fricking insult to a band on top for 25 years!)

Daring to wear your heart on your sleeve can result in two outcomes - dismal schmaltz, or very rarely, transcendental sharing of the pain and triumph of love. How this song has spoken to me for over a decade, through lean times to now a blissful engagement, is quite astonishing. When you are sad it gives you release, when you are happy it savours the emotion of having weathered the storm, and appreciation of what you have now. We are so hardened and cynical these days it takes a special band to risk being uncool. U2, music for glass half empty people, who know in their heart that the glass is really half full.

To pick one is nearly impossible.... my top 5 choices (coming from a fan for more than 20 years)... Where the Streets Have No Name, Electrical Storm, One, Kite and Elevation. All still have alot of energy each time they play these together they always seem like they are either having so much fun or the lyrics are just so deep I can't explain it. Can't wait for the new CD to add to my favorite U2 songs.

Streets, Gloria, Mysterious Ways, New Year's Day, Pride, Bad...Darn, is that more than one, oh well, what did you expect?:huh:

Back
Top Bottom