(03-31-2003) Bono to star on silver screen with gal pal Judd - Reuters *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.reuters.com/

Bono to star on silver screen with gal pal Judd

**In case anyone doubted it, this was an April Fool's joke**

NEW YORK ? April 1, 2003 - Miramax Entertainment announced today that U2 singer and honored humanitarian Bono, after months of quiet negotiations, has signed on to star in a big screen movie opposite Ashley Judd.

Judd is set to portray a young, American woman who travels alone to Ireland to find herself, and falls deeply in love with a struggling folk singer played by Bono, with whom she has a brief, but turbulent affair. The story, which takes place in Dublin in the early 1970s, is described as romantic, beautiful, and tragic. One insider says the story has a ?Fatal Attraction-ish? angle to it, but is considerably more complex, with unexpected twists and turns throughout.

Although Bono has been involved in movie making on other levels (he was involved in writing and producing The Million Dollar Hotel and portrayed himself in the independent films Entropy and Sightings of Bono), this will be his big-screen acting debut.

Judd, who has been a long-time friend of Bono stated, ?no one is more perfect to play the role of the struggling Irish singer?and not simply because of the obvious.? According to Judd, "Bono is approaching the role with the same depth and passion that he does with his music. He really relates to the inner conflicts the character faces in the story. He is going to be brilliant!"

From touching the world with U2's music to embracing seemingly insurmountable world causes, Bono seems to be proving once again that there is nothing he cannot accomplish.

The film, which is not yet titled, is scheduled to begin production in the winter of 2003.

No word yet on how filming will affect U2?s current recording schedule or plans for an upcoming world tour.

Thank you Whitney Leigh Harris!

Last edited:
I just checked on Reuters and Yahoo...nothing there. I dunno...<g> Gotta double-check everything tonight and tomorrow. <g> Very nicely written though, had me going for a minute. :laugh:

Pop Artist said:
I just checked on Reuters and Yahoo...nothing there. I dunno...<g> Gotta double-check everything tonight and tomorrow. <g> Very nicely written though, had me going for a minute. :laugh:

It wouldn't be on Reuters yet.. I have a friend who is a script reader at Miramax who sent it to me ahead of time.

Hmm, then I'd double check with her... 1) The timing is making me suspicious, band would string him up 2) Advance of a Reuters item is unlikely, if it was PR Newswire or plain old press release then it's more likely and 3) I just ain't buyin' the plot. <g> Call me jaded. <g>

Pop Artist said:
Hmm, then I'd double check with her... 1) The timing is making me suspicious, band would string him up 2) Advance of a Reuters item is unlikely, if it was PR Newswire or plain old press release then it's more likely and 3) I just ain't buyin' the plot. <g> Call me jaded. <g>

I have to agree with you here. Sounds like strange news to me. Could be true though. But you bring up lots of good points. If it is true, kewl... But I'll be jaded right there along w/ you. :|

If this is true, it sounds like it'll be a good movie. If it's not true, someone write the script! lol.

I always thought Bono should be in movies...or U2 should do a Hard Day's Night kinda thing. Not necessarly has humorous as AHDN, but something where they act in it. :yes:

:wave:
~J

WHAT IN THE.....????

:scratch: This sounds just plain darned crazy to me! If it is true, then it's just because Judd wants to get in the sack with him! I know they will be acting, but we all know it's a way to cheat without cheating, if you know what I mean. Now don't get me wrong. If I were her, I'd do the same thing! What better guy in the world is there to pretend to have this deep love affair. This story is sounding more and more like fan fiction to me!

You go Ashley!

:mad: :| :sick: :faint:

Can't be true!:lol: I mean who wouldn't want to see Bono on the big screen, but I agree we need new U2 music first!!!

I don't want to be anywhere near the PLEBA threads when the movie is downloaded and harvested for Bono pics...

... on the other hand, if Paul McGuinness was in the movie...

I don't know what to think of this one. It may be an April Fool joke or another lame rumor.
But I hope its not true. I think Bono would be making a bad career move if he did that. I just can't see him doing something like that.

And I agree with Pop Artist: the band will try to kill him if he is planning to do the movie. They already aren't too crazy about Bono spending so much time with the Debt Relief campaign.

And didn't Bono once say that he can't act? I know he's always wanted to be an actor, but I remember reading somewhere that he has been offered movie roles in the past, but turned them saying he couldn't act.
Oh, well. Just my two cents!

Perle

Last edited:
filledeperle said:
And didn't Bono once say that he can't act? I know he's always wanted to be an actor, but I remember reading somewhere that he has been offered movie roles in the past, but turned them saying he couldn't act.
Oh, well. Just my two cents!
Perle [/B]

I read the same thing:yes:

Nice april fool!

I don't trust this news, but ehy the world is going crazy...after the news with Jlo, anything is possible.

Hasta la vista, chicos

:lol:

cujo said:
I don't want to be anywhere near the PLEBA threads when the movie is downloaded and harvested for Bono pics...

... on the other hand, if Paul McGuinness was in the movie...

LOL! :laugh: You know us too well! :yes: ;)

It's true, there would be stills and promo shots news pics and :cute: maybe since it's about the early 70's he'd grow his hair long for the part :hyper: I sure hope this is true! :D

Oh, then the picfest of the premieres and the interviews and the Oscars, woo-hoo! :up:

Back
Top Bottom