(03-30-2004) Report: U2 signs $3M book deal - Jam! Music*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Report: U2 signs $3M book deal
By JAM! Music

U2 has reportedly found the book publisher they've been looking for.

The Irish supergroup has sold the rights to their full-colour photo retrospective book to HarperEntertainment, an imprint of HarperCollins, for $3 million US, according to fan site U2log.com.

The book, titled "In the Name of Love: U2 by U2," had been shopped around to prospective publishers in recent weeks. It is scheduled to be released next year.

Rolling Stone journalist Jim Henke, who has a long history with U2, is the proposed writer for the book. Henke convinced the Rolling Stone brass to feature the Irish rockers on its cover in 1985, and he also created the U2 exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Meanwhile, U2 fans can purchase the ultimate collectable package via Ebay. It consists of the band's first official demo tape with manager Paul McGuinness on November 1, 1978, manuscript lyric sheets, and pictures of an early photo shoot.

For U2 fans out there that have deep pockets, the first bid starts at a cool $18,000 US right here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3806276569&category=2356

The seller originally bought the material from auction house Bonhams & Butterfields for $2,115.

I wish I had butt loads of publishers wanting me to write books for them. But that won't happen for a few years. :wink:

This should be interested. I'm excited, I think.

Back
Top Bottom