(03-24-2003) Bono Named One of the Worst Dressed at Oscars - People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had a math teacher who wore a bow tie everyday. then he started growing a beard and wearing flannel shirts and jeans...then one day he was back to the bowtie and had shaved...very odd guy, but he was a clash fan :up:

Hello! It's Bono we're talking about! He can wear whatever the hell he wants, he's got more status and bling than anyone else at that awards show. He could be dressed in sweat pants and a "kiss the Chef" shirt and would still be the most beautiful!!! Stupid magazine people....
Jenn*

I like reading "People" magazine, just because there's interesting stories in there, but I usually skip over the style stuff anyway.

Edge wore jeans and sneakers-good, he just wore what was comfortable for him.

I'd probably do the same thing if I became famous and went to an awards show-I'd not dress up that much, not wear some fancy-schmancy, outrageously expensive dress, at the most I'd probably wear slacks and a nice shirt. But that'd be about it.

So I'd probably end up on some worst-dressed lists myself.

Angela

Bono is beautiful and can wear whatever he wants and still look better than everyone else at the Oscar's!! Clothes don't make the man.... and we all know bono is the man!
Jenn**

TheRealThang_101 said:
honestly I didnt even notice what the hell he they were dressed like. As long as they sounded good on stage...

totally agree......and to me they sounded amazing...especially larry's little protest with SBS at the end.

yeah they said renee zelweiger looked good..her dress was pretty-but she has the body of an anorexic 12 year old boy! she makes me feel sick..eww and they said daniel day lewis looked bad! and queen latifah! anynone who doesn't conform to their bow tie, black jacket white shirt thing is "worst dressed" ugh who gives a shit!

AssClowns!!!!!!

People Magazine can kiss my ass!!!!!!! Bono looked better than half the men there.They r prolly saying that because Bono looked more sophisticated and classy than them!!!!!!!!!PUNKASSES!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Those ppl r just as silly as the ones that gave the so called talented rapper the Oscar:censored: :censored: :madspit:

oh,for the Love of God! Of course Bono was dressed perfect! Black always goes with these events! And the gals, looked gr-8 too! Well-lol-People is not extacly 'Vogue" now is it?? ha lol! No wonder emm stayed away1 lol!

U2_crazy09 said:
Bono is beautiful and can wear whatever he wants and still look better than everyone else at the Oscar's!! Clothes don't make the man.... and we all know bono is the man!
Jenn**

Exactly right.

I did not catch the little "SBS" bit at the end of their performance at the Oscars.

Well, now I'll have an excuse to watch it again on my tape. :).

Angela

i don't care what bono wears, or what he looks like, actually if he had a carrot growing out of his neck i might be a little weirded out, but otherwise..

Bono and the boys are proud to be Irish. Well, they could show some of this Irish pride in looking better and representing modern Ireland and not embarrassing Ireland by looking tacky. Ireland is very fashionable and modern and U2 is a part of that whether they look like it or not....

Heh, I must say I half-expected that Bono will turn up on somebody's worst-dressed list. He happily admits to having all swagger and no style.

In the Australian WHO Magazine they put a picture of Bono with his shirt buttoned down to the middle and a caption which said, "The Most Plunging Neckline at the Oscars", :)

Yeah! Like he cares. And neither do I. That man would look hot in "burlap"!!!!

He looks cool. I dislike the ruffled shirt though. Is it Bono or Gavin Friday?
What's my favourite Bono's dress? Discotheque video!!

What did they expect Bono to show up in........his mirrorball suit?
All the guys looked fine to me.

I've come to the conclusion that smiley faces are a dangerous
weapon in me hands.
Let me prove my point.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Hi!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom