(03-21-2004) The Passion of the Bono? - Atom Films*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://images.shockwave.com/images/large/picon_af_passion_bono_lrg.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono portrayed in new online 'mockumentary'

Yes, it was bound to happen. The only surprise here is that is didn't emerge sooner. Atom Films has premiered its new 'The Passion of the Bono' produced by AcidTest Films. With a 2:00 running time, the website describes the film short as:

"Nothing is sacred in this animated short that casts Bono as a persecuted pop music messiah. The government "monitors" the culture for obscenities and targets U2's lead singer for using one of the seven dirty words. "

picon_af_passion_bono_lrg.jpg

For Mature Audiences only, if you are offended by the "F-bomb," and the suggestion that Bono's voice only sounds decent after lots of Guinness, available here: http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=passion_bono&mature=accept

Thanks to Allegra!

Last edited:
I reckon that was pretty funny......whats up with people on this forum I bet even Bono would laugh at that.

Mr. BAW said:

Shoulder to shoulder with you on this one!!!

It's fricken satire at its finest!

Yes, come on! Lighten up folks! You are taking this too seriously!

Yes, it was stupid and silly. That's the whole point here!

At least the idea of it was funny. I liked the bar scene the best!

You can't say that you didn't chuckle a little bit now, right?

No, it was funny.

There are too many people on this board that love U2 for their looks and not what they really are.

Good point made, lost on most people here.

I thought it was stupid the only thing that was funny was teh way he talked and wehn he came out of the place singing "It's a beautiful day" Cause i always say that... but I think it was kinda rude.

RockNRollDawgie said:
Sick. and not funny

There seems to be a lot of U2 fans here without a sense of humour. I am a massive U2 fan but I reckon that satire is great. I reckon it had potential to be better but still greaaaaaaaat. The Passion Of Bono hehehee he will die on the cross, maybe crucified for the fact him and the band havent got their fingers out and got this damn album finished!:wink:

Lame.

Definitely lame. True, Bush and his gang probably would like to see the likes of Bono disappear, but it just wasn't that funny. It could have been much better, had a little more creativity been used.

Back
Top Bottom