(03-16-2003) Bono is #4 Greatest Voice - MTV2 *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.mtv.com/onair/mtv2/

Bono is #4 Greatest Voice

MTV2 & Blender Present: 22 Greatest Voices' Contest yielded interesting results. But alas, our beloved Bono is the second highest ranked male rock singer - and the only one currently living (the first ranked being the late Freddie Mercury of Queen).

The list is:

1. Mariah Carey
2. Freddie Mercury
3. Whitney Houston
4. Bono
5. Christina Aguilera
6. Alanis Morissette
7. Kurt Cobain
8. Bjork
9. Celine Dion
10. Tupac Shakur
11. Michael Jackson
12. Chris Cornell
13. Eminem
14. David Bowie
15. Alicia Keys
16. Steven Tyler
17. Jewel
18. Thom Yorke
19. Mary J. Blige
20. Michael Stipe
21. Sade
22. Bruce Springsteen

Check your local listings for airtimes of the countdown on MTV2.

Last edited:
I agree with Freddie Mercury being above Bono(as much as I love Bono) but Mariah Carey. give me a fucking break!!! Where's Aretha Fanklin?

Come on people!!!

Preach it, sister! Where is the Queen of Soul?

And some of those rankings are pretty suspect. There's nary a Beatle on that list, no Elton John, no jazz singers (Ella? Billie? Etta?) - and this can't be just for rockers, 'cause Mariah Carey? Tupac?

Then again, it is MTV. I don't really expect class from MTV. :der:

Think about this people, who chose these singers? 12 - 20 year olds. Most of these people have little knowledge of Aretha. Where's Lennon and McCartney, Plant and Daltrey? Heck I'm just happy they picked Freddie!!!

It was top 22 of the last 22 years. Thats Why Aretha isn't on it. And if it was top 22 of all time only 1 person is the logical choice for #1- Otis Redding!

freddie was awesome
who onearth put that aguilerra chick in there?
and where in the holy name of cookies is JAMES HETFIELD -Metallica- ??!!! I mean.. come on.. whenever he decides to sing (not yell and scream himself hoarse) he really does have a sexy and a3weseome voice
and what about brian adams and sting?
ah well, at least Bruce made it.. but way to low :(

interesting...

someone tell me how the fuck steven tyler got on there...and then tell my why the fuck do i care?

Back
Top Bottom