(03-14-2003) CONFIRMED: U2 to Play the Oscars - UPI *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.upi.com/

U2 WILL PERFORM ON OSCARS TELECAST

Producer Gil Cates announced Friday that U2 will perform on the 75th Anniversary Academy Awards telecast.

The Grammy-winning band will perform their Oscar-nominated song "The Hands that Built America" from "Gangs of New York." It will be their first time performing on the Oscars show.

Cates also announced that John Travolta would be a presenter. It will be Travolta's ninth appearance as an Oscars show presenter.

Travolta has been nominated twice for the Best Actor Oscar -- for "Saturday Night Fever" (1977) and "Pulp Fiction" (1994).

The 75th Anniversary Academy Awards will be presented on March 23 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, in ceremonies to be televised live by ABC.

-0-

TheRealThang_101 said:
Hope Bono is in good shape.... I really hope his back woos dont haunt him, the poor old laid..

Even if Bono's back is still bothering him I don't think he'll let it get in the way of anything at the Oscars. They're happy as heck to be invited to perform and it'll be a good one!!! Especially if they win the thing!

Well I think U2's chances of winning this thing look pretty damn good. Mr Eminem is cocking a real bad attitude about the whole thing. He is not even gonna attend from what I hear.
U2 has got the oscar in the bag.
Here is my prediction :
Right After they will preform a beautiful version of "HAnds"
They will announce the nominees and U2 will Win it.

Simple as pie...

TheRealThang_101 said:
Well I think U2's chances of winning this thing look pretty damn good. Mr Eminem is cocking a real bad attitude about the whole thing. He is not even gonna attend from what I hear.
U2 has got the oscar in the bag.
Here is my prediction :
Right After they will preform a beautiful version of "HAnds"
They will announce the nominees and U2 will Win it.

Simple as pie...

That would make sense.

I agree with you, their chances do look very good. Seriously, I can just hear them being announced as the winners and can just see them coming up to get their award. :).

Which would be insanely cool.

My family might want to get earplugs this week, 'cause I don't know how loudly I'll be cheering if U2 win at the Oscars, LOL. :p.

Angela

Re: OMG!!!

Allegra said:
:shocked: :hyper: :drool: :love:

Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!!!!

:dance: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :dance:
My thoughts exactly!!!

I'm so glad to see this!

I think Eminem is too controversial for the Academy. And Hands is a beautiful song. I don't want to get my hopes up but...my hopes are up!

*crosses fingers*

Re: Re: OMG!!!

Schmeg said:

My thoughts exactly!!!

I'm so glad to see this!

I think Eminem is too controversial for the Academy. And Hands is a beautiful song. I don't want to get my hopes up but...my hopes are up!

*crosses fingers*

I think he is too. The Academy is a bit on the conservative side. And yes, "Hands" is a gorgeous song.

Is it just me or are U2 the only ones who actually care about winning the Oscar?(not that i'm complaining).........common with that fantastic song they better win (if not my family will need a new TV!!)......Can't wait till the 23rd.

Hey!
I cannot fookin wait for this :hyper::hyper:
Is there any kind of pre show? You know...where they interview ppl on what they wearing and shit? Ooooh I just can't wait for this!!
:faint:

Nevermind my above question...
I found it!!:hyper:
At 7:30 the stars will be interviewed...I believe the whole thing starts at 8!!!! :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom