(03-13-2004) Excerpts from Bono in O Magazine - O Magazine *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(03-13-2004) Updated: Excerpts from Bono in O Magazine - O Magazine *

[SIMG]http://images.oprah.com/omagazine/200404/images/omag_200404_ocut_125.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono Rocks!

A brand new interview with Bono has hit shelves in the April issue of O Magazine. According to Oprah's website the content of the interview is as such: "Oprah Talks to Bono about his excellent marriage, his Irish gloom, his commitment to Africa, how truth unlocks creativity, and his fear of being "interesting."

Below are some Bono quotes from the "O" article, and here is a link to an audio presentation of the interview:
http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/200404/omag_200404_ocut.jhtml

On U2:
"I know we've got a future. I know we can fill stadiums. And yet with every record, I think, Is this it? Are we still relevant?"

On Ali:
"Right now she's working on a new way of doing business in apparel. It involves fair trade practices in which people in Third World countries are paid properly and get health insurance - and you still make a fortune. It may be one of the biggest brands in the next few years, so watch out. It's called Edin."

omag_200404_ocut_125.jpg

On Home:
"I'm home a lot....You may get the impression I'm always out there, but I'm usually home driving my kids to school. I like mornings better than night."

339%3C357523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6676963ot1lsi

On Truth:
"The Scriptures say the truth will set you free.The truth is at the root of every piece of creativity. So if you're truthful about your situation, whatever it is as an artist -whether it's despair, whether it's hope,whether it's ambition - suddenly you're there."

On Africa:
"....the people we'd choose to describe the conditions of the world are not often the people God would choose. The chosen may be punk-rockers or hip-hop people. But, nonetheless, the state of the world will be described."

Thanks to Jessica Ann, arw9797, Jamila, kellyahern and all the ladies in PLEBA!

Last edited:
Gosh, Oprah is so lucky, first a gift from him, now a hug...

A little food for thought: I would have guessed that love was most important to him, but now that I think about it, you can be in love or be loved and not happy. Joy makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom