(03-10-2004) Exclusive: New U2 2005-06 Tour News - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HERE'S HOPING THIS IS TRUE!:up:

One suggestion for the U.S. tour: ARENAS!;)

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON"T LET IT GET AWAY!
:hug: :heart: :heart:

Here's what this means-D/FW in March/ April 2005!!:yes: They have always hit this area pretty early in their tours. Maybe they will make it to the Fort Worth Convention Center this time around; it's been 17 years since they played that venue.

:ohmy: :yes: :shifty: :heart: :eek: :dance: :dance: :dance: finally!!!!!!! my first U2 concert.........YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!! and in my bday month too.......there's something to look forward to my bday next yr!!!!!!!!!:combust:

a message from the office of u2 security...

an important announcement regarding these latest developments is to be made tonight at 8:00pm eastern time...

stay tuned...

http://www.geocities.com/u2albumadvisory
banner.gif

this is exciting news, especially the tour being in arenas and stadiums. I love u2 in arenas but Ive never seen them in a stadium, so in 2005 maybe both. I'm going to as many shows as I can for the next tour, so heres to a new album in the fall of 04, keep those fingers crossed.

:applaud: :hyper:
stadiums = indoors?
I know a nice little room in Grafton.....they have just gotta play the Clarence River Valley. I'll bring a car load of people:D

ahhh this is a grand day indeed
U2:heart:

sue4u2 said:
Album out in Oct, possibly on my b'day. :ohmy: What a nice present.

Haha, yeah-my birthday's in October, too, so that'd be cool. :D.

Originally posted by sue4u2
But if they want to release in Sept, that would work just fine also.

Oh, of course. :). Whichever month is fine with them. I don't care, I'm just SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS NEWS!

Today is officially a good day for so many reasons.

Originally posted by sue4u2
CAN'T WAIT!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
*co-worker's keep telling me to settle down. they just don't understand*

No they don't...I can't wait, either! I've never been to an arena or stadium concert before-never been to a U2 concert before, period, so I am so excited about this...:hyper: :dance: :hyper: :dance:...EEEEEEEIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

Angela

Well I've read this info twice where does it say this is official???
Why is this being taken as confirmation of a tour when nothing else has??
Not the phantom source again!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Bono's Tart said:

Obviously it has not been officially announced....

however... we actually have more than once source for this information, all incredibly reliable. We have been sitting on this information for a few weeks, waiting to confirm it from additional sources prior to posting it.... and today we did.

At the request of our 'sources' we must keen them unnamed.

Bono's Tart said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I just didn't want to be the first person to speak up, I guess. I honestly don't believe any "exclusive" news these days. It'll be great if this is true but I don't consider this an official statement from the band so I'll continue to patiently wait.

Maybe you have been "sat on this info for a few weeks" BUT this site is not the official U2 website, and I feel sure it would be announced on there before anywhere else.
WHEN/IF this is confirmed by PM and official sources then I'll believe it, not until then,sorry.

There have been too many rumours regarding this and to be honest its getting a bit tedious!

Bono's Tart said:
Maybe you have been "sat on this info for a few weeks" BUT this site is not the official U2 website, and I feel sure it would be announced on there before anywhere else.
WHEN/IF this is confirmed by PM and official sources then I'll believe it, not until then,sorry.

I respect your opinion, but we've never claimed to be official. I dont know if you were around for the last couple of albums.... but the fan sites ALWAYS had the information first - even since U2.com has been around.

While we aren't claiming the tour info as absolute, as anything can change, it is a good and reliable indication as to what is to come. For an album that's been 'delayed', and a tour along with it, any news like this is good news for fellow fans... and no matter how small, we felt people would want to know.

This is 'exclusive' not because it's official (which it isn't) but because this information was 'sourced' by Interference.com exclusively, much like our interviews.

I hope that clears up a few things.

I respect your opinion, but we've never claimed to be official. I dont know if you were around for the last couple of albums.... but the fan sites ALWAYS had the information first - even since U2.com has been around

Just as a footnote I have been "around" U2 since about 1981 and so therefore I do have an idea of how these things work.
And I do know the difference between exclusive and official even if some people dont but thank you for respecting my opinion!!

18 months? Starting in arena's and then moving into stadiums? Zoo TV is back!

Thanks for the information interference.com. Credit to the folks that run this site, they wouldn't make an empty statement 'cos they respect the fans and will hold of on information until it's been validated, which is why this site has credibility!

Unlike, say, REM's official site, U2.com is not the place where we will hear things first, we all know that. Official announcements will be delayed till the last minute.

Also, let's not jump onto people that claim to have heard the latest and greatest news, there will always be bullshitters, but give respect without responding with lame comments along the lines of, "Oh apparently Edge's cousin said it would be 2014 .."

I met Paul McGuinness by chance in October and he was confident that the new U2 album would be out at Easter this year....obviously plans have changed since then, but at that time, that was about as credible or 'official' as I could see so I shared it here. That information is now incorrect but doesn't mean it wasn't 'true' at the time...

Don't be surprised if, particularly at this late stage alot of these 'rumours' turn out to become reality..

I could probably find this out with some searching but I bet someone knows off the top of their heads - were any of their other tours that long? Was that what the Zoo TV comment was about, or was that in reference to the arenas --> stadiums? 18 months just sounds really long (not that I'm complaining mind you ;) )

Back
Top Bottom