(03-10-2003) Bono's Back Clashes with Engagements - Showbiz Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.showbizireland.com/

Bono's Back Clashes with Engagements...

Well it seems that Bono's back trouble, that was reported on ShowBiz Ireland first, it still giving him jipp - the U2 frontman has dropped out of more engagements because of treatment.

We told you a while back that Bono had dropped out of Neil Jordan's The Good Thief movie Premiere due to a slipped disc - it now seems that the ailment has made the singer cancel a number of his public engagements.

Bono was due to attend a ceremony in New York to induct UK punk band The Clash in to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame but had to pull out of the gig as he is receiving treatment on his back problem.

However, it is reported that U2 guitarist The Edge will attend the ceremony in Bono's place.

I am nervous about the Oscars. What crummy luck, to have an injury like this right before the Oscars with an Oscar nomination! I hope this isn't completely screwed up. :madspit: :censored: :censored:
*has sinking spell*:( :(

verte76 said:
I am nervous about the Oscars. What crummy luck, to have an injury like this right before the Oscars with an Oscar nomination! I hope this isn't completely screwed up. :madspit: :censored: :censored:
*has sinking spell*:( :(

Eeeh, I know, I hope that Bono will be well enough to attend the Oscars! That'd be a shame if they win their first Oscar and he's not there to accept it!

I hope his back gets better by then.

Damn that slipped disc :mad:...

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Eeeh, I know, I hope that Bono will be well enough to attend the Oscars! That'd be a shame if they win their first Oscar and he's not there to accept it!

I hope his back gets better by then.

Damn that slipped disc :mad:...

Angela

No kidding........:madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

U2girl91289 said:
I hope Bono gets better in time for the Oscars. If not- I hope U2 still wins it, and he can watch the rest of the band get the award on TV. I hope he's better soon.

I think it'd be a huge drag if he had to watch the thing on TV. There is a report out, I forget which news agency put it out right now, that U2 expects to be at the Oscars. There have been situations where injured athletes were given special painkiller shots so they wouldn't miss their Olympic competitions or whatever. I'd hate it if Bono missed the Oscars and I think he's going to do his damnedest to be there, back pain or no back pain.

Back
Top Bottom