(03-06-2003) Plans Change: U2 Not Inducting The Clash - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.interference.com/

Plans Change: U2 Not Inducting The Clash

Update: 03-08-03 According to a commercial on VH1, The Edge and Tom Morello are confirmed to induct The Clash into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 10th. The ceremony will be broadcast on VH1 on Sunday Mar. 16 9/8c PM. Check your local listings for all air times.

----

Chatter on the Interference boards has told U2News that U2 has been replaced by Audioslave's guitarist Tom Morello at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremonies on March 10th in New York City - this according to VH1's website. We've also been told by our Interferencers that The Edge and not U2 (as previously reported and thought) is due to lend a hand in inducting The Clash. In recent days, The Clash also stated they would not be reuniting to perform on stage at the event.

Reasons for U2's departure from the event have not been given at press time... however U2News has been told that it is possible Bono is due to have a procedure done on his back, which might put the active singer out of commission for awhile. Recent news articles, notably from Showbiz Ireland, have reported that the singer has been ducking out of public events for the past month or so.

Thank you, ramblin rose, dsmith2904 and verte76!

Last edited:
carey02 said:
I hope everything is okay with Bono. I hope his back gets better too.

:(

I think he is OK except for the pesky back thing. Fortunately that can be fixed, but it will knock him out of commission for a bit. I'd bet serious bucks he could use the rest, anyway. A friend of mine had to have the same procedure and he's fine now.

That's good. I hope he will be fine. Yeah, he does need the rest. He's been everywhere lately!!

Yeah. Actually my Dad had to get a procedure done. Before he had it done, like Bono, he was walking around and seemed ok, but tired. So I hope he's feeling better soon and that he's ok. I'm still worried. But from the pix from the Meteor awards, he looks ok, other than being tired. They said he was in good spirits, and pub hopping. And he might be just going to get it checked or has already done so and now is taking a break. I remember Showbiz Ireland said it had been confirmed that he had slipped a disc a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom