(02-24-2003) Bono Honored As MusiCares Person Of The Year - LAUNCH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://launch.yahoo.com/

NEWS - Bono Honored As MusiCares Person Of The Year

(2/24/03, 6 p.m. ET) -- Bono was feted with the MusiCares Person Of The Year award on Friday night (February 21) at the Marriott Marquis hotel in New York City. In attendance was a wide variety of figures from pop to politics.

Hosting the event was Ashley Judd, and comic relief was provided by Saturday Night Live's Jimmy Fallon, who made fun of Bono for winning so many awards. Also attending the event were former President Bill Clinton, R.E.M. singer Michael Stipe and bassist Mike Mills, Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit, Isaac Hayes, Robert De Niro, and others.

Music stars including Norah Jones, Sly & Robbie, No Doubt, Elvis Costello, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Patti LaBelle, Mary J. Blige, Wynonna with B.B. King, and Garbage all performed cover versions of U2 classics.

Performance highlights were Sly & Robbie with No Doubt performing "Sweetest Thing," Norah Jones singing "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of," Elvis Costello singing "Kite," and Garbage performing "Pride (In The Name Of Love)."

Bono himself closed the show with three songs--"My Way," "Night And Day" (with the Edge), and U2's latest single, "The Hands That Built America" (from the film Gangs Of New York).

-- Darren Davis, New York

God, i wish i could have seen that on tv!! Whew! Darn! But I did catch abit of it on "Extra"! he looked so happy!! And oh so good, as usual!! HMM, *bono-fuzzies!

Back
Top Bottom