(02-17-2003) U2 Lose TRL Award to Justin Timberlake - Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.interference.com/

U2 Lose TRL Award to Justin Timberlake

The winners of the first ever TRL Awards were announced today, Monday, February 17 - and U2 has lost to Justin Timberlake in the "Rock The Mic Award (best live performance category)."

Thank you, Headache in a Suitcase!

Last edited:
U2andPolitix said:
its a sad day for u2 fans when they lose to justin timberlake. :barf: :rant: :yuck: :sad: but our boys will get revenge at the oscars. :yes:

It would be a sad day for music if a Justin song gets nominated for an Oscar........ TRL doesn't really count since those scary 'NSYNC groupies vote for anything Justin related about a thousand times.

by the way, U2andPolitix..... cool avatar pic.

We'll see who is remembered in 20 years... not that it has any bearing on who wins a stupid flash in a pan MTV award. Video really did kill the radio star.

Regarding that Video Awards thing:

Timberlake wins over U2. Hmmm lets remember who really has made in impact on our world. In 20 years will teenage girls still be sitting in there bedrooms with their friends talking about how cute J.T. is now that he's a 40 year old wash up ? I really doubt it. In 50 years is some highschool kid going to happen accross a record by U2 and have their life changed forever? Yes. After all they seemed to have changed ours.

-Matthew Meadows-Rogers (ripley1701@yahoo.com)

Oh... fuck off!

I heard someone said that Justin Timberlake was the only person (except for Michael Jackson) that could get that high falsetto note(a song - never bothered to get the name of the song). BAH... Have they never heard Bono's falsetto???
Justin is like a little chicken compared to Bono's insane falsetto!

But this have of course nothing to do with loosing for Just in Time for Gods sake.

I'm babbling....

ripley said:

Timberlake wins over U2. Hmmm lets remember who really has made in impact on our world. In 20 years will teenage girls still be sitting in there bedrooms with their friends talking about how cute J.T. is now that he's a 40 year old wash up ? I really doubt it. In 50 years is some highschool kid going to happen accross a record by U2 and have their life changed forever? Yes. After all they seemed to have changed ours.

Exactly.

I mean, I guess we should've expected this, since it is TRL after all, but there was always a glimmer of hope that they'd win.

But they didn't. They lost to Justin-who made a stupid acceptance speech...honestly, I don't understand why anyone likes him. He's not cute, his music isn't great, he's a Michael Jackson ripoff, and he acts like he's hot stuff. He bugs me to no end.

Argh.

Eh, but like you guys said, who's gonna be remembered for years to come, who's gonna be honored for their talent many more times throughout their lives? U2.

And that's a comforting thought.

Angela

ripley said:

:yes:

but i'd change that "40 year old wash up" to 30.

hey arw9797! i SEE you drooling over homelessguyinthedesertedge! :lol: i'm going to remember that!

you got to be kidding me that baster justin won that guy suck big time hes a fake . thats bull shit u2 is the best rock band in the world who cares u2 are to big to waste there time on littie crapy award that dont make snice now the oscars now thats something big now thats were u2 belongs ]>:)

ElectricalVoice said:
Oh... fuck off!

I heard someone said that Justin Timberlake was the only person (except for Michael Jackson) that could get that high falsetto note(a song - never bothered to get the name of the song). BAH... Have they never heard Bono's falsetto???
Justin is like a little chicken compared to Bono's insane falsetto!

But this have of course nothing to do with loosing for Just in Time for Gods sake.

I'm babbling....

What? what crack addict said that? Bono does amazing falsetto..and another one of my favorite singers does THE falsetto. you have no idea. he kicks so much ass. he makes justin timberlake look like some pubesent boy in a junior high choir. Darren Hayes!

ripley said:

exactly!! I have to go to high school with these justin timerlake loving idiots though! :yuck: They dont even know who U2 is! Ugh! :help:

Back
Top Bottom