(02-13-2004) 'Chernobyl Heart' In Oscar Running - U2.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regina O'Numb

War Child
'Chernobyl Heart' In Oscar Running.

'Chernobyl Heart', featuring the work of the Chernobyl Childrens Project, is up for 'Best Short Documentary' at the upcoming Oscar ceremonies.

A featured charity in our Hearts and Minds area, the Chernobyl Children's Project has long been supported by U2 - notably with the release of the single 'The Sweetest Thing' in 1998.

The documentary was shot over a two year period in Belarus, the country most seriously contaminated by the Chernobyl accident. It documents the terrible effects of radiation, and the high levels of cancer, birth defects, and heart conditions suffered by the region's children.

'It is a very great honour for the Project to be involved with a documentary that is on the shortlist for the Academy Awards.' said Executive Director Adi Roche. 'Our hope is that the publicity gained from this great achievement will help to once again highlight the plight of the victims and survivors of the world's worst environmental disaster'.

More on The Chernobyl Children's Project in our Hearts and Minds area:
http://www.u2.com/hearts_minds/hearts_minds_chern.html

http://www.u2.com/homepage/news130204.html

Phenomenal :up: this documentary need's to be sent to every government around the world. Just to point out the effect of one accident and how long it has affected this part of the world. It's has to be the most perfect example of a crime aganist humanity, just to build something like this, and to neglect it to the point that this could happen....and it can happen again. I would like to see this documentary and I hope it make's it to the USA, which need's to see it as much as any other nation.

Last edited:
Word, Sue! Anyone know where this can be tracked down?? I'd love to see it! Is Ali involved at all? (Seems like the article would have mentioned that....)

SD

sue4u2 said:
Phenomenal :up: this documentary need's to be sent to every government around the world. Just to point out the effect of one accident and how long it has affected this part of the world. It's has to be the most perfect example of a crime aganist humanity, just to build something like this, and to neglect it to the point that this could happen....and it can happen again. I would like to see this documentary and I hope it make's it to the USA, which need's to see it as much as any other nation.

:yes: :up: :applaud:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom