(02-12-2003) U2 Putting in Long Hours in Studio - Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.interference.com/

U2 Putting in Long Hours in Studio

Interference sources in Dublin have been told by Bono that U2 are currently putting in long hours at their studio, often until the wee hours of the night.

This is building upon the recent revelations that they are working with a new producer for a "trial run," and working on a guitar record.

Stay tuned as we find out more information!

Good news!

Do you think it's possilbe we'd have a new album soon (this year), since they have leftovers from ATYCLB and did some work already in France right after the tour?

U2girl said:
Good news!

Do you think it's possilbe we'd have a new album soon (this year), since they have leftovers from ATYCLB and did some work already in France right after the tour?

I think it's possible we'd see a Fall or Winter release this year. It's possible, but not positive. :)

Considering that it can take these guys eons to finish an album I'm not holding my breath. I would love a release this year but it might be next year! :lol: :yes:

This is the latest from U2log.com:
In the February 21 issue of Entertainment Weekly, Bono says the phone call notifying the band of their Oscar nomination for "The Hands That Built America" has inspired them to complete work on a new song.
"We've got a song up on the burner called 'Native Son,'" Bono said. "The best way I think we can celebrate is to just finish out what we're doing: Make this song a scorching 45. The molecules in the air are vibrating quite nicely as a result of that phone call."
This sounds really promising.. Please let it be soon, cause I know it's going to be classic.

Re: I was wondering...

Allegra said:
Will there be an online video-cam of the guys while they are recording?

this is a good question! we could then, as concerned fans, find as many problems with each song as humanly possible! also, we could *see* the studio without having to actually *invade* the recording sessions, and see art and history *try* to rhme...and produce dissonant chords of accidental harmonies...i would be a frequent viewer, if only i had more minutes in the night/day!

wouldn't you too agree?

great!

(edited for general level of intelligence, including those with so-called honorary degrees in so-called prestigious universities in presumably eastern cities) :) thank you, in the effort to prevent general confusion and distate :heart: NY to YOU!!

Last edited:
Actually I do agree. With what I have read on other sites, some are not satisfied with the results of the music, they have to pick it apart. I have to believe it's only because they just can't figure out the mind set of Bono and The Edge. I say apply the lyrics in whatever way works for you and leave the criticism to the people who do that sort of thing for a living since I don't really care what anyone else thinks anyway. I just live for the U2 sound...(and lyrics)..etc.

Back
Top Bottom