(02-01-2003) Bono's Worth $162 Million - Walk Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.walkradio.com/musicnews.html/

Bono's Worth $162 Million

U2 frontman Bono certainly doesn't need to sing for his supper anymore - he's worth a staggering $162 million according to a new TV documentary called Bono's Millions.

The Irish band have sold 120 million records since 1977 - which has brought Bono - real name Paul Hewson - $39 million in writing fees alone.

The program - due to be shown March 9 on British digital channel BBC3 - also reveals that Bono would have earned more had he not split his writing fees with the other band members.

Copyright 2003 World Entertainment News Network

HHmmm...but he would have a considerable amount less if The Edge didn't split the money HE made writing all the music.

I think it is far better how they split the money, I did read that they do work out who worked the most on the songs and they get a bigger chunk but I don't know if that is true.

I know lyrics are wonderful and Bono is talented but lyrics mean nothing without good music, and vice versa.

Plus Bono and the guys save on tax living in Ireland so they have no need to quarrel over money.

Last edited:
IrishThunder said:
I think it is far better how they split the money, I did read that they do work out who worked the most on the songs and they get a bigger chunk but I don't know if that is true.

I know lyrics are wonderful and Bono is talented but lyrics mean nothing without good music, and vice versa.

Plus Bono and the guys save on tax living in Ireland so they have no need to quarrel over money.

This is very smart. It cuts down on alot of ego problems and other stuff that can tear up a band. Alot of U2's career boils down to a series of smart decisions and amazing talent and charisma and...........other things too numerous to mention.:yes: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom