(01-22-2004) Exclusive: More U2 Album News -- Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Exclusive: More U2 Album News -- Interference.com *

Exclusive: More U2 Album News

Interference.com has received word from a reliable source that that the next U2 album is nowhere near completion and has a tentative release of September 2004. A very massive tour is tentatively planned to start in February 2005.

We have also heard from a source with Universal France that that label has not gotten any official word on the title or release date of U2's next album.

Last edited:
... nowhere near completion...
... tentative release of September 2004. :eyebrow:

... very massive tour ... :yes: :yes: :yes:

Well we already were kinda expecting this...The "massive tour" kinda offsets the September release...i suppose I'll live. Hopefully we'll hear the Sky Hawk song this summer. At least things are starting to fall into place now

hey hey hey now, ill just have graduated college when the tour starts!, yippeeeeeeee freeeeeedom! road trips everyday

First is not coming out until next winter. Then its coming out in May. Now its coming out in September at the earliest?

Who is the "reliable source" for this information. Don't name, just who they are and how and why they would know?

If the band does not put an album out until September, it will be the longest it has taken the band to put out an album in their history.

The begining of September puts them at the 3 year and 10 month mark since the release of the last album. U2 has never taken more than 3 years and 8 months between album releases!

Dang, thats quite i wait though:( But hey moonlit_angel is right, a lot of time to save more money:up:.
This my fist time here so i dont know what to say, but im an Edge
girl:edge: hehe
Hi all

This is frustrating to say the least, why is it taking so long to finish this album?

Why did we have all these mis-leading quotes from Bono about it being "almost done", if it is not?

I can wait (I have to!), but the band has to realize that the longer they wait, the more pressure that is on them to deliver an outstanding album....if they don't, it would be the end for them.

STING2 said:
Who is the "reliable source" for this information. Don't name, just who they are and how and why they would know?

Sorry, we didn't name the source or the position on their request. This is a 'reliable source'.

im kind of relieved...more time to save for concert tickets, hotels, flights, etc...

icelle said:
im kind of relieved...more time to save for concert tickets, hotels, flights, etc...

:yes:

I'd rather wait a little longer and have enough $$ to travel to as many shows as possible.

Wow. I'm ok with it because I will have more time to save money like some of you have said, but still makes me just a little sad, I was looking forward to the new album or atleast some new songs soon.... Thats a year away still!!!:sad:

Even the band members themselves must be confused with so many rumoured dates, song titles, "reliable sources" and so on...

I guess when Adam said the album is cooked he meant cooked as in "fucked we have to start again". :| :|

I don't really mind waiting for the tour, as it will give time to save up for it, but I realllllly wanted new music soon.

Anyway, I still won't use up any significant vacation time until later in the year, just incase this is all a bad dream and the tour is really starting in September. :crack:

:sigh:

This is not good, I'm afraid something's gone very wrong in the recording. "tentative" means it might come even later than September...

*edit* you don't suppose they're scratching what they've done so far and starting over?

Last edited:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. This is my most recent update on the new album from a reliable source. I hope this clears up any confusion.

I've decided that I'm happy to wait until September or whenever..

I've just watched a programme about Bjork and her music and is clearly so central to everything she does...watching her talk about her life and her music is (for me) breathtaking.

It reminded me of when a mate and I were lucky enough to spend some time with Bono at The Factory in March 1993, where U2 were recording Zooropa. The one thing that sticks in my mind was that when he talked about the music that they were making, his eyes lit up and his body language changed. His energy and passion was electric.

This time around I, like lots of us have been frustrated in anticipation for the new record. I'm sure that the reality is that they are lost in the passion of the songs that they are creating. I bet (and hope) that the last thing on their minds are deadlines that they never set and fans getting sweaty about a official announcments and rumours (that includes me!). In my job I get deadlines all the time and when I dream about the band that I never got around to setting up one of the best things is that I would be able to do what I want when I want - me and my band would set the rules?no enforced deadlines thank you very much.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that the U2 camp is probably in a very happy, creative and ambitious place at the moment so let's leave them to it. If there were any major problems then there might be no album in the making and there would possibly be no U2 so lets not get too upset and instead send all our positive energies to a baron studio in the cold and wet back streets of the Dublin Quays :)

OK I'd better get back to my little Bjork love cloud!

tiger_luver64 said:
Will sombody plz tell me how to put pictures under my name? PLEASE!

If you click on User CP at the top of the page and go into Edit Profile, there is a section that says Signature and that's where you can add text or words or whatever you'd like for your sig. If you have any other questions like this, visit the Stuck in a Moment forum (http://forum.interference.com/f235.html) or the FAQ.

Back
Top Bottom