(01-14-2004) Exclusive: Don't Believe the U2 Album Hype! -- Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: BAFFLING!

riteshbhatt1 said:
Some of your responses are just baffling. It shocks me that some of you are actual fans of the band. Comments like you won't be fan anymore or the album will suck are pathetic.

Face it, the band won't be around forever. You don't know what their priorities are, what the songs are like, etc. They are in their 40s and they've ONLY made 4 studio albums in the past 13 years or so!

The album may be good or great, or maybe even a masterpiece. I've yet to buy a U2 album that I think completely "sucks".

Couldnt agree more!!

Over in "where the album has no name" forum, a poster says Universal Italy said the album release is now shifted to September.

:crazy: What's goin' on?

See this is the problem, we aren't getting anythign official. All we have is that it will be out my next winter. So we as fans are left hanging with rumours. In the end while A late album release would suck and I think it shouldn't take that long to produce an album what I really just want is some reliable information. Last time we at least had some idea of the progress and I thought that was really cool. This time nada, nothing. I'd take a definte date of even September over sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

yeah, I agree.

while a later date would suck, I would like an official announcement, just to know for sure at least.

I agree!

Even if it comes out in 2005 (touch wood for that not to happen), let us know so we don't go crazy wondering and guessing.

i heard that it doesn't have a set release date yet (not even the single) and i heard the winter rumor too.

shitty deal. :sad:

Last edited:
OK...

If there is anybody out there reading this and you live in Dublin or going to visit, could you please ask any of the band members (if you meet one of them) and ask what in the F is going on and to help us put our minds at ease. Tell them that the fans just want an honest answer and to please report back to the U2 masses.

Thanks!

There's nothing better than to hear it from the horse's mouth!

(It's ironic that I haven't heard or seen a meeting/siting story in a very long time. :hmm: Did anybody get any info from Bono while in Atlanta?)

Noooo, I was just hypothetically speaking April.

I still think we will get the album in May.

RUMOR MILL!!!

I just saw this in Zootopia in the Zootopians folder!

By 72precisionplayer

Hey guys! I thought that you might enjoying that I actually met Bono when he stayed at the Four Seasons here in Atlanta this weekend. I have to say that he is very friendly, accessible and quite easy to talk to. He said that there has been a snag in the recording of the album and right now they are planning for it to come out in September. Also, it should have 12 tracks, for those who care about such things. I actually talked to him twice and I have to admit that I am still a bit giddy. I can now die happy.

Believe it, or NOT!!!

snag?

you're kidding me......

on a U2 recording project?

no way......

p.s. if Bono says September, that means next winter is the real time.

Damn.

Maybe they are trying to get two years worth of Grammy's again. You know...new single before the deadline and then the album comes out after the deadline for Grammy nominations for the year 2005.

:scream: Aaahhhhh!!! They're just killing me! :banghead:

I love U2 to death, but my patience is wearing thin. Maybe now is the time to go to Dublin :hmm:

:hmm: ...25years of U2-3 in 2004, 25 years of the 1ts tour out of Ireland...an now, september, then this mean...winter, or some time before it...it?s a reasonable date...and more Hall of Fame...U2 DESERVE ALL HONOR, ALL CELEBRATIONS, AROUND THOSE 25 YEARS...

Much as I love the artists in the RRHOF, that place should be burned down. Rock and Roll was never meant to be put in a museum.

Re: RUMOR MILL!!!

This is crappy news. To quote Sally Brown, "All I want is what I have coming to me!" Please, Please, Please stop being a tease! Don't the boys realize how deprived we are; hungry and thirsty?! Four years between albums and tours is likened to house arrest. Will the songs still be relevant when it hits the street?

Allegra said:
I just saw this in Zootopia in the Zootopians folder!

By 72precisionplayer

Hey guys! I thought that you might enjoying that I actually met Bono when he stayed at the Four Seasons here in Atlanta this weekend. I have to say that he is very friendly, accessible and quite easy to talk to. He said that there has been a snag in the recording of the album and right now they are planning for it to come out in September. Also, it should have 12 tracks, for those who care about such things. I actually talked to him twice and I have to admit that I am still a bit giddy. I can now die happy.

Believe it, or NOT!!!

It's pretty embarassing to read this thread and know(I think I know) that some of you are actually fans. Chill out. We've been spoiled to death with the amount of quality U2 has given us and now because we have to wait a bit many of you bitch as if you were a Guns N' Roses fan. I'm a huge Gn'R fan so the complaints I read from many of you concerning the new U2 album are nothing short of absurd. You act as if we've been given nothing in the last 4 years. Hmmm... let me think..... a Best of album with two new songs, Elevation DVD, and Slane Castle DVD. So just calm down people. Shit we could have it this way or we could have it the other way. You know the way some bands release pure trash on a yearly basis because they are affraid that if they don't the mainstream public will forget about them and not care. Trust me this will not happen with U2. The release the album when it's ready and it will indeed rock. In the mean time be thankful you aren't a diehard Gn'R fan. Trust me that sucks. I know from experience.

Hallucination said:
It's pretty embarassing to read this thread and know(I think I know) that some of you are actually fans. Chill out. We've been spoiled to death with the amount of quality U2 has given us and now because we have to wait a bit many of you bitch as if you were a Guns N' Roses fan. I'm a huge Gn'R fan so the complaints I read from many of you concerning the new U2 album are nothing short of absurd. You act as if we've been given nothing in the last 4 years. Hmmm... let me think..... a Best of album with two new songs, Elevation DVD, and Slane Castle DVD. So just calm down people. Shit we could have it this way or we could have it the other way. You know the way some bands release pure trash on a yearly basis because they are affraid that if they don't the mainstream public will forget about them and not care. Trust me this will not happen with U2. The release the album when it's ready and it will indeed rock. In the mean time be thankful you aren't a diehard Gn'R fan. Trust me that sucks. I know from experience.

Nicely said.

Angela

From now on, I will use the following disclaimer before posting:
"This post may contain irony."

"It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright, I'm sleeping in America tonight." Bono

IMO, a little pressure on Bono, to get back to Dublin and work for his band, can't hurt. After all, he reads this forum, you know.

BTW, I am very happy and grateful for the material we've been given over the last two years.

I do not want a crap album. One more "crap" album and I bet they break up.

Let the boys work their magic. My goodness we are a greedy lot...we want it now!!!!!

LOL Think Good bottle of wine!

:wink:

I just have to laugh at people who think that a fan can't criticise their band. Uh I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't care about U2. Seriously some people here sound more like cult memebers with their "thou shalt not criticise the band" mantra goin' on. Chill out folks.

Back
Top Bottom