(01-14-2004) Exclusive: Don't Believe the U2 Album Hype! -- Interference.com * - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > 'Zine (archived) > U2 News > U2 News Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2004, 04:15 PM   #46
The Fly

Local Time: 04:49 PM
I am soooooo let down I have been (as you all probably are) anticipating, and checking the different U2 threads almost on a daily basis, waiting for a word on the release....just to get dissapointed. Like telling a 5 year old he is going to meet Micky for the first time, after he's seen all the commercials, and then you tell him that there really is no Magic Kingdom, and there really is no Mickey!

Rome wasnt built in a day though, so I understand the time it will take to make a masterpiece. Just a little impatient.

Old 01-14-2004, 04:29 PM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 01:49 PM
Well said Angela as usual! ]

Actually, it does give me more time to save... but I am still hoping for the album this spring or summer and I still have a good feeling thats when it will be

Old 01-14-2004, 04:53 PM   #48
War Child

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Oh jeez well I have no idea what to believe although 2005 would reaaly mess my plans up to some degree. Ah well I Guess we will see.

I'm leaving on the next plane for dublin to get answers from the horses mouth whose with me?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 01-14-2004, 05:05 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by spencr00
Personally, I believe this latest rumor like I believed the Solar rumors...i dont know how credible the e-mail was, but I think we should just wait and see what the next few days bring. As most news stories are, fact or fiction, the first day or so tends to be a HUGE mess and people are sorting through what they know, and what they think they know. Let the dust settle before jumping to conclusions. I'm sure this isn't the end of this and I'm sure if this is true then Bono or Edge or someone close to the band will say something. As recently as 2 weeks ago, Bono was quoted as saying the album will be out by spring. I doubt something major could have happened in two weeks to delay the album this much and not hear about it.
If this rumor is true, then so be it. We've waited this long, what's another 8-10 months? I won't be less of a fan, I want the album to be as good as they can possibly make it. For all we know, it might be their last. And I would bet that nobody here is gonna walk away from U2 because of this...i seriously doubt that.
So chill out, stay patient and calm down. All we can do is play the waiting game for now.

Also, thanks, souLnation2002 and U2SJ. .

Angela
Old 01-14-2004, 05:10 PM   #50
Babyface

Local Time: 08:49 PM
I am just shot to pieces next winter ?
All the rumors have been building up to easter
If this is true can the band or someone close please let the fans know what is the truth
This is not fair on the fans i have been checking this forum eveyday for the last 3 months expecting to see a title release date ETC anything
Now this
I have been a fan for 20 years seen them live 8 times
but im growing tired of this silence
Old 01-14-2004, 05:43 PM   #51
The Fly

Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1

I think the band are so out of touch that they don't think the delay will hurt them. Boy are they in for a surprise.
You don't get it...
U2 doesn't put out albums to see how much bigger they can become
Old 01-14-2004, 05:45 PM   #52
The Fly

Local Time: 12:49 PM
Re: BAFFLING!

Quote:
Originally posted by riteshbhatt1
Some of your responses are just baffling. It shocks me that some of you are actual fans of the band. Comments like you won't be fan anymore or the album will suck are pathetic.

Face it, the band won't be around forever. You don't know what their priorities are, what the songs are like, etc. They are in their 40s and they've ONLY made 4 studio albums in the past 13 years or so!

The album may be good or great, or maybe even a masterpiece. I've yet to buy a U2 album that I think completely "sucks".
Hello this is a fan site?!?!
Right on Rites!
Old 01-14-2004, 05:46 PM   #53
The Fly

Local Time: 08:49 PM
well said souLnation2002, U2SJ and angela as usual. Actually, it also gives me more time to save...so please, release the album in 2046, i believe i will have enough $ to buy a house.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:48 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:49 PM
It's dissappointing, but I'll live. Totally agree with Angela and everyone else who says we must be patient. In all fairness, they don't "owe" us a new album, they make it because they want to, they don't need to do it. They have the right to perfect it. If I were an artist, I wouldn't give in to pressure and release some work that I'm not satisfied with. I'd make sure it's the best thing I could have made. I think that's U2 compromise with us, to make the best damn music around, it's not to put out a new album every year, or two years, like some other so called artists do.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:55 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by flaming june
It's dissappointing, but I'll live. Totally agree with Angela and everyone else who says we must be patient. In all fairness, they don't "owe" us a new album, they make it because they want to, they don't need to do it. They have the right to perfect it. If I were an artist, I wouldn't give in to pressure and release some work that I'm not satisfied with. I'd make sure it's the best thing I could have made. I think that's U2 compromise with us, to make the best damn music around, it's not to put out a new album every year, or two years, like some other so called artists do.
Exactly.

Angela
Old 01-14-2004, 05:56 PM   #56
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 04:49 PM
If U2 never put out another album again, it wouldn't change my degree of fandom one iota.

Of course, it would be very disappointing if we had to wait THAT long, but right now I have no money at all for the tour anyway...I could sure use the time to save up!

(but I'd still rather go into debt and have a tour this summer/fall!)
Old 01-14-2004, 05:56 PM   #57
War Child

U2 officially suck.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:04 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

OMG!!!!!!111LETS START AN ONLINE PETITION!!!!111OMG!!!11
Old 01-14-2004, 06:09 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by mellyinsf

You don't get it...
U2 doesn't put out albums to see how much bigger they can become
I get it. You don't get it. 1 crap album and they're done, Bono's words. U2's definition of a crap album is a poor selling album. They've set themselves up for failure. Maybe some of you like waiting, how about the LP come out in August 2006? You still all smiles and flowers?
Old 01-14-2004, 06:11 PM   #60
War Child

The more I think about it, U2 has definately lost it somehow. It doesn't 5 years to release an album, period. The band should make some kind of annoucement, they're just leaving us dangling. They need a true reality check. I don't know if it is because I'm so ticked off right now , but, I want this album to bomb. It would be a wake up call for these guys. It's rediculous, a pure shame that this band has gone down the tubes.