(01-07-2003) U2's Elevation DVD Reason Enough to Buy a DVD Player - ESPN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://espn.go.com/

U2's Elevation DVD provided the backdrop for sportswriter Dave Fleming's "Flem Gems" column today.

At the end of his column, Fleming writes:

This column was written while watching U2's mind-blowing DVD, Elevation 2001, live from Boston. If you do not have a DVD player this concert alone -- and in particular, Bono's violent, poetic spotlight soliloquy on gun control in the middle of Bullet the Blue Sky -- is worth the pricetag of upgrading your equipment.

Last edited:
I have no DVD player. :sigh:

When I visited John in Virginia for Christmas in 2001 though, he bought me the DVD, and I was able to watch it on his player. :hug: I left it at his house for now though so that he can at least enjoy it some more! :)

i was so close to buying a dvd player just to watch that. fortunetly the computer got fixed after crashing...

i DID go buy a dvd player just to see the U2 limited addition dvd that came with 'the best of 1990-2000' and since i was already verrry close to maxing out credit card, i bought 'elevation' also! so no one in my fam got x-mas gifts, but i had a great time! totally worth the money! excellent! four stars!

...and that was my review.

meegannie said:
I got a DVD player just to watch the U2 DVD and then never got the DVD!! :reject:

:ohmy: That is too funny!

I got the U2 DVD and the DVD in the same week. When Achtung Baby came out, that's when I upgraded to a CD player.

bonosgirl84 said:
i DID go buy a dvd player just to see the U2 limited addition dvd that came with 'the best of 1990-2000' and since i was already verrry close to maxing out credit card, i bought 'elevation' also! so no one in my fam got x-mas gifts, but i had a great time! totally worth the money! excellent! four stars!

...and that was my review.

Well, they could always come by and watch a show! :D

bostonanne: nice idea to share u2 for xmas, but i'm afraid they are tired of always hearing about what the band is doing now...i've worn them down!

p.s. how old is your daughter?

bonosgirl84 said:
bostonanne: nice idea to share u2 for xmas, but i'm afraid they are tired of always hearing about what the band is doing now...i've worn them down!

p.s. how old is your daughter?

Sigh, I have the same problem over here! :scratch: My daughter is now 10.

bostonanne: it is a wonderful story...and forever she will have a great story to tell. you are very lucky...children are magical, aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom