(01-02-2003) Henry Rollins Questions Bono's Motives in Interview - Metroactive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was driving through the desert when this originally aired, and the radio in my jeep kept cutting out...always wondered if i heard the guy correctly...and i guess i did. thanks for the transcript...there is a lot of great information here!

thanks again! long live bono!

MBH said:

YOU MAKE SOME INTERESTING AND PROVACATIVE POINTS. HOWEVER, I MUST POINT OUT THAT ROLLINS HAS INDEED RIDUCULED, LAMBASTED AND BERATED U2 AND BONO SEVERAL TIMES DURING INTERVIEWS, ON TV AND IN BOOKS (I.E. "UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD," BY BILL FLANAGAN).

THROUHOUT THE PAST 2 YEARS, I HAVE SEEN OR HEARD ROLLINS INTERVIEWED APPROXIMATELY 7-8 TIMES. HE HAS CRITICIZED AND/OR RIDICULED BONO & U2 ON NEARLY EVERY OCCASION. THAT IS OBSESSIVE.

This is true.

Almost every time I have seen Rollins on TV or read an interview with him in past few years, he has made some sort of Bono/U2 comment. And I disagree that he is being fed questions by the media to get him going. He has brought it up himself many times. On VH1 a few weeks ago, he made a subtle reference by saying something to the effect of not having to get up and dedicate a song to the people of Nicaragua every time you go on stage...obviously a dig at Bono. The guy cares too much about what Bono is doing. He needs to shut his pie-hole and find someone else to obsess over.

Bono's American Wife said:

This is true.

Almost every time I have seen Rollins on TV or read an interview with him in past few years, he has made some sort of Bono/U2 comment. And I disagree that he is being fed questions by the media to get him going. He has brought it up himself many times. On VH1 a few weeks ago, he made a subtle reference by saying something to the effect of not having to get up and dedicate a song to the people of Nicaragua every time you go on stage...obviously a dig at Bono. The guy cares too much about what Bono is doing. He needs to shut his pie-hole and find someone else to obsess over.

Methinks he needs to stop obsessing period.

Back
Top Bottom