You've Got Mail - Part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KieraAnne

The Fly
Okay time for more Bono goodness! I hope you like it. :)

Part 9

Edge walked into the band's common area and began lifting up seat cushions. He looked behind the couch and under the coffee table. Snooping behind the computer he finally came up with a shouted "Ha!" and triumphantly pulled a black beanie onto his head? and just as quickly pulled it off again. "Eeeeeeuuuw, what is on this?" Tentatively he brought the cap up to his nose and grimaced. He'd recognize that scent anywhere?."Bono" he growled as he raised his fist to the ceiling and shook it in anger.

Jessie attempted to study Bono out of the corner of her eye. They were sitting in a cab headed for a restaurant that was supposedly "to die for" and she still couldn't believe she was sitting next to him. He caught her glance and turned his head to look at her.

"What is it?" he asked a little self-consciously. She shook her head wordlessly.

"I just can't believe that I've been talking to you all of these months and you never said anything. Of course it all makes sense now, the travel, how you kept referring to yourself as Bono by accident?and now you?re here, and we're in a cab and you're taking me to lunch. It's all just a little?"

"Surreal?" Bono suggested.

"Exactly" Jessie agreed slapping her hand down on her leg for emphasis.

"Well, trust me the novelty will soon disappear as you get used to me being around?and now that we've finally met I plan to be around as much as possible. You'll be sick at the sight of me in no time."

Jessie laughed and shook her head once more; "I very sincerely doubt that." Bono grinned at her before leaning forward to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You know, in all of our discussions you never once mentioned how gorgeous you were." Jessie blushed nervously. "Absolutely breathtaking" Bono continued, "You were actually the first thing I noticed when I entered the pub Friday. I saw you sitting in a corner all by yourself and wondered how anyone so lovely could possibly be alone in a place like that."

Jessie raised her eyebrow. "It was completely by choice I assure you. Besides who says that a woman always needs a man by her side? Just because I don't have a boyfriend doesn't in any way make me less of a person!"

"Whoa, calm down." Bono said, raising his hands defensively. "I didn't mean anything by it, I was just trying to pay you a compliment."

Jessie took a deep breath and smiled sheepishly, "I know, sorry. I guess I?m just not very good with compliments."

Bono looked up as the cab pulled to a stop. "We're here. You're going to love this place. I can't believe you've been in Chicago this long and not eaten here." Bursting out of the cab like an eager child Bono stopped short and gallantly offered Jessie his hand to help her out. Smiling a little, she took it. Keeping hold of her hand Bono looked up at the dilapidated old building with a grin on his face. "They have the best Thai food in the city, this little old couple runs the place and they live in an apartment over the top."

Jessie looked at the building a little skeptically, "If you say so," she stated, following him into the darkened entrance. A wizened old woman met them as Jessie's eyes were still trying to adjust to the dim lighting.

"Bono! So good to see you again! And who is your friend? She is pretty, here let me look at you." The woman grabbed both of Jessie's hands and looked her up and down before turning back to Bono, "Yes very pretty, you always did have good taste?now take pity on an old woman and give me a hug."

Bono removed his shades and hugged the woman?s small frame close until Jessie worried her bones might crack. "It's great to see you again Suey you're looking as gorgeous as ever. You still married to that old fart? When are you going to run away with me?" To Jessie's astonishment the old woman giggled and batted her eyes a bit in Bono's direction.

"Are you trying to steal my wife again?" yelled a reedy voice from the back stair. Bono grinned and took Jessie's hand again as an equally aged man tottered into the room. "I told you once and I'll tell you again, my Suey would never leave me for some wild rock star. Hopelessly devoted she is." The man leaned over and kissed his wife on the cheek causing another girlish giggle to issue from her throat.

"It's good to see you again Pete, this is my friend Jessie." Jessie extended her free hand to be shaken vigorously.

"Staying for lunch are you?" Suey asked.

"Of course we are?Jessie here has never had the pleasure of dining from your exquisite table." Bono responded, his thumb tracing a circle into the back of her hand as he spoke. The motion caused something low in Jessie's body to tighten in response. Bono smiled at her as if he could sense her reaction, lifting her hand gently to his lips before turning to follow the couple into the dining area.

The food really was beyond anything Jessie could possibly have imagined. As she ate she basked in the aura of good cheer that Bono just seemed to emit wherever he went. They were soon laughing and exchanging banter like they were old friends reunited after a long absence. The meager hour Jessie was allotted for lunch flew by before she knew it. As they stood to leave she was startled at an eruption of noise from the front.

"Bono! How many times have I told you not to use my hats as your wash rag! This is the third time! Pretty soon I'm going to have to start buying these things like socks!" Jessie's eyes widened as none other then Mr. The Edge walked into the empty restaurant and stormed loudly back to their table, followed by Adam and a reluctant Larry.

"Hey lads! Ye come for a bit of lunch then?" Bono asked with a smile. Edge lowered his brow threateningly and Bono grimaced; "Look, if it really means all that much to ye, I'll buy ye a new hat how's that?" Bono offered.

Edge rolled his eyes. "I can buy my own hats! It's not that it's just the principle of the thing. Don't you understand? How would you like it if I used your leather jacket to cook a turkey in?"

Bono scoffed, "You can't even cook Edge, so why would you be using my jacket to cook a turkey?"

As they continued their argument Adam approached Jessie, "Hello there, I don't believe we've met. I'm Adam and this is Larry." He extended his hand and Jessie shook it in greeting.

"I'm Jessie, it's a pleasure to meet you both." She smiled.

Adam's raised his eyebrows. "Aaaahh, so yooour'e this Jessie we've been hearing so much about. I tell you dear you've been a real distraction to our Bono here. He gets in the foulest mood if we keep him away from the computer for too long." Adam said with a grin.

"Really?" Jessie looked at Larry who stood smiling at her, but quickly wiped it off his face when he saw her looking and crossed his arms, displaying his muscles to their best advantage. Jessie shook her head a little and looked back to Bono who had seemingly finished his "discussion" with Edge.

"I hate to go, but I really need to get back to work Bono." She said glancing and her watch.

"Of course you do!" Edge responded, "but not before we're properly introduced! My name is Edge, and I'd like to apologize for my behavior. Bono just seems to evoke strong emotions in the people around him. You must be Jessie. It's a pleasure to meet you." At this point Suey wandered back into the dining room.

"Aahh, more guests!" she exclaimed. "You boys are staying right? It does my heart good to have you young fella?s keep an old woman company."

The band all nodded eagerly at the thought of Suey's cooking and hurriedly sat down at a table. Bono remained standing, "I'm just going to see Jessie back to work guys. I'll see you back at the hotel." The lads were all too busy poring over the menu to do more then grunt in acknowledgement and wave their hands in an absent farewell.

Bono leaned over and kissed Suey noisily on the cheek. "It was heavenly Suey as always. I'll drop by again before we leave."

"You be sure that you do. Now get going before you make your lady-friend late." She replied, shooing them out the door.

Jessie felt Bono's hand in the small of her back like fire as he guided her out of the restaurant and into another cab. She'd always found the man to be attractive, but the reality of his presence was bordering on sinful. As they neared her building Bono looked at her in question. "So, can I call you later? You're coming to the concert this weekend right? What are you doing for dinner? What time do you get off work?"

Jessie laughed, "One question at a time. Yes, you can call me, of course I'm coming to the concert, I'm not sure what I'm doing for dinner and I get off work at five." Jessie searched through her purse for a pen, finally emerging triumphant but without paper.

"Do you have something to write on?" She asked furtively.

Bono held his hand out. "Write it here so I don't loose it."

Jessie's heart gave a little flutter as she held Bono's hand close and scrawled her number on his willing flesh. She may have held on a little longer then was absolutely necessary, but he seemed to return her grasp just as eagerly.

"So I'll call you tonight then?" Bono asked, leaning in as the cab pulled to a stop.

"Okay?I'll be there." Jessie breathed as Bono's face came closer and closer to her own. Her gaze fastened on his lips, so close it seemed she could touch them if she breathed deeply enough. She closed her eyes in anticipation, only to open them again as he lightly kissed her cheek.

"Have a good day at work Jess." Jessie nodded a little dazedly as she opened the cab and stepped out into the light.

She entered the building walking right past an astonished Pam and onto the elevator to her floor where she sat at her desk and stared at the flowers littering her office space. She couldn?t believe what had just happened. She?d had lunch with Bono! Not only that, but he was calling her tonight, he wanted to see her again! Suddenly giddy, she leaned back in her chair and grinned like a lovestruck schoolgirl.

KieraAnne said:
Edge rolled his eyes. "I can buy my own hats! It's not that it's just the principle of the thing. Don't you understand? How would you like it if I used your leather jacket to cook a turkey in?"

Bono scoffed, "You can't even cook Edge, so why would you be using my jacket to cook a turkey?"

LOL...:laugh:.

Eeeeiiii, this was a cute chapter! Finally, they got to hang out together. :). Can't wait to see what else happens to them.

Also, I so wish I were Jessie...

Angela

KieraAnne said:
Edge walked into the band's common area and began lifting up seat cushions. He looked behind the couch and under the coffee table. Snooping behind the computer he finally came up with a shouted "Ha!" and triumphantly pulled a black beanie onto his head? and just as quickly pulled it off again. "Eeeeeeuuuw, what is on this?" Tentatively he brought the cap up to his nose and grimaced. He'd recognize that scent anywhere?."Bono" he growled as he raised his fist to the ceiling and shook it in anger.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
In a few words:I love this part!! :yes:
Also,the idea of Bono's actions driving Edge crazy is extremely funny!Poor man! :lol:

She closed her eyes in anticipation, only to open them again as he lightly kissed her cheek.

"Have a good day at work Jess."
How is she supposed to work after this????The man is such a tease! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom