You've Got Mail - Part 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KieraAnne

The Fly
This one is fun. :) Let me know what you think.

Part 12

The next few weeks seemed to pass in a blur for Jessie. Everyday she'd receive a call from Bono. Sometimes he'd surprise her at work, other's he'd call her at home to say goodnight before she went to bed. The tour was progressing at an astounding rate, with the band traveling so much, Jessie could scarce keep track of where they were from one day to another. But, rain or shine, Geneva or New York, Bono would call her.

It was a good thing he was rich, Jessie mused, because the phone bill alone would most likely feed a third world country?which was more then she could say for her own lifestyle. Jessie looked around her drab apartment, taking in the second hand furniture and the Tiffany table lamp she was so proud of.

Her mind wandered as she contemplated what sort of possessions Bono likely had at his place. She snickered as her head duly filled his house with piles of gold and jewels like something straight out of Aladdin's cave of wonders. She could see him now diving into his money like Uncle Scrooge from some cartoon she watched as a child?swimming in nothing but some little black trunks, leather of course, and his fly shades?all those lovely muscles just rippling as he turned to do the backstroke in heaps of coins?

Jessie jumped guiltily as the phone rang. Looking around a bit sheepishly she grinned at her fish and walked towards the phone. "Nope, no rich rock stars here, eh MacPhisto?" the fish swam around it's tank lazily. "It's too bad really," Jessie muttered to herself, picking up the receiver, "that would be a nice change."

"Hello?"

"Give it to me!" Bono lunged for the phone only to be held back by Adam as the Edge danced merrily out of his way.

"Let's see?who should we call?" Edge began pressing buttons on the cell phone, scrolling through Bono's phone book with the greatest of ease.

"Call your fecking mum if ya really wanna call someone," Bono growled from where he was being held, "I've got 'er on speed dial."

Adam looked down at the struggling man in surprise. "Really?" He gasped suddenly as Bono's elbow made a solid connection with his diaphragm, doubling him over and leaving him desperate for air.

"Yeah," Bono exclaimed, "it's right next to your mum's." He made a mad dash for Edge who jumped blithely onto a couch and held the phone just out of reach as Bono grabbed for it. Edge was laughing so hard at this that he wasn't prepared for the flying leap Bono took to knock them both to the floor.

They rolled back and forth over the expanse of the room, cursing each other while clawing and pushing like little girls, each trying to gain the advantage. Adam, still doubled over near the couch was torn between trying to breathe and laughing hysterically as his mates rolled around like lovers from some B-action movie.

Finally getting his breath back, Adam looked at the phone that had fallen at his feet. Picking it up he saw the light on and heard a faint tinny voice coming from the ear piece.

"Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?" Adam lifted the phone to his ear.

"Hello luv, how can I help you?"

Jessie looked sat the phone in her hand in astonishment; "You called me sir, I should be wondering how I can help you, not the other way around."

Adam chuckled appreciatively, glancing over at the two men now locked in some sort of strange wrestling move that seemed to involve a little too much bumping and grinding of sensitive areas for his taste.

"Is this Jessie then? This is Adam, I think you're the only American woman Bono has on speed dial."

Jessie raised her eyebrow; "Oh really? But he has other women on his speed dial?"

Adam laughed, "Well, I don?t really know who he has on here, it was a wild guess."

Bono shrieked in the back ground; "Don't listen to him Jessie, he's a lying git!" He made a violent twisting motion and finally broke free of Edge's grasp. Leaping away Bono hurriedly grabbed the phone from Adam before he could make any more trouble.

"Hold on a minute Jess." He said before covering the receiver with his hand.

Jessie could still hear him cussing at his band mates, followed by a loud slam that could only be the door closing. "Alright, sorry about that luv. How are you doing this fine day? Thinking of me?"

Jessie chuckled, "As if I don't have anything better to do then laze about all day thinking of you."

Bono grinned, that was one of the things he loved about her was her dry sense of humor.

"What was going on there?" Jessie asked, "Why did Adam call me?"

"Uh?it was nothing, the guys were just playing a little joke on me. They stole my phone and were threatening to pretend they were me and call all sorts of people." Jessie grinned.

"Like who?" She asked innocently, twirling the phone cord around her finger.

"Well, you see all of my important numbers are in there; the President, the Queen, Tony Blair, you?ya know, the important people? It could be disastrous if some of those people fell for their little pranks." Bono grinned as Jessie began to laugh.

"I can see it now," he continued, "World War three just because a couple of guys got bored and decided to make some crank calls."

"Wow," Jessie said mockingly, "you're so famous. Can I be you when I grow up?" Bono didn't respond for a minute and Jessie laughed.

"Well, since you seem at a loss for words?" she began.

"It's not that," Bono interrupted, "I was just trying to imagine what the world would be like if there were two of me. That might be a little too much for people to handle. I'm better taken in small doses." He grinned.

Jessie laughed. "So where are you now, I can't keep track?Paris?"

Bono smiled, "No, not Paris. I was actually going to call you about that. We're coming back to the states and I was wondering if you'd be free for dinner tomorrow?"

Jessie grinned, "I'm always free for dinner with you Bono, you should know that."

"Aww, babe?that's so nice." Bono face looked as if it might crack, his grin was so wide, "so I'll pick you up at 8 then?"

Jessie nodded, realized he couldn't see it, "That'd be great. Where are we going?"

"It'll be a surprise, think fancy though?listen I have to go they're calling me for sound check. I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked.

Jessie nodded again, "Yeah, see you tomorrow."

Last edited:
KieraAnne said:
This one is fun. :) Let me know what you think.

They rolled back and forth over the expanse of the room, cursing each other while clawing and pushing like little girls, each trying to gain the advantage. Adam, still doubled over near the couch was torn between trying to breathe and laughing hysterically as his mates rolled around like lovers from some B-action movie.

^^^^ :lmao:

I've said it before, but... This is really, REALLY good! :yes: You're the best KieraAnne:bow: Looking VERY much foreward to part 13 - can't wait!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

KieraAnne said:
"Call your fecking mum if ya really wanna call someone," Bono growled from where he was being held, "I've got 'er on speed dial."

Adam looked down at the struggling man in surprise. "Really?" He gasped suddenly as Bono's elbow made a solid connection with his diaphragm, doubling him over and leaving him desperate for air.

"Yeah," Bono exclaimed, "it's right next to your mum's."

:lol:...oh, lord...

Originally posted by KieraAnne
Bono face looked as if it might crack, his grin was so wide

:cute:...awwww...that's one thing I really love about this story-their relationship is so sweet. The thought of Bono grinning and getting all goofy over a girl is a really cute image. :).

Loved this chapter, and looking forward to the next part, as always. :up:.

Angela

She could see him now diving into his money like Uncle Scrooge from some cartoon she watched as a child?swimming in nothing but some little black trunks, leather of course, and his fly shades?all those lovely muscles just rippling as he turned to do the backstroke in heaps of coins
:lol: :lol:

And what can I say about Edge and Adam?? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom