You've Got Mail - Part 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KieraAnne

The Fly
*short disclaimer* I don't think I break any rules in this section...if I do I apologize profusely and once again reitterate that this is not true, never happened and all that. ;)

Part 11

Jessie sat on the couch as she waited for Bono. Five minutes later he walked back in, he had changed out of his stage costume into something a little more casual?well cleaner anyway. Jessie smiled as she stood, "Doesn't that chafe?" she asked innocently.

Bono looked down at his new pair of leathers and back up at Jessie's smiling face. "You don't like them?" he asked, brushing at an imaginary speck on his leg.

Jessie just chuckled. "So where are we off to?"

Bono ran a hand through his wet hair and grinned impishly, "I thought we could go for a walk. You could show me the sites?if that's okay with you?"

Jessie grimaced, "I'm all for walking, but I don't know that I could show you the sites. I haven't lived here that long and I don?t really get out much."

Bono laughed. "That's fine luv, I've been here plenty of times?perhaps I can show you a thing or two! How's that?" At her eager nod, he grabbed her hand and pulled her out the door.

They walked for what seemed like hours, Bono excitedly pointing out this or that attraction while Jessie would nod and make appropriate impressed noises. The truth was, between the darkness (it was still the middle of the night after all) and the casual way Bono kept touching her provided more of a distraction then anything he could have shown her.

She suspected that he may have been finding excuses to touch her throughout the night?helping her up off a curb, holding her arm to cross the street, guiding her discreetly around corners with his hand, throwing his arm 'round her shoulders to direct her attention. Every single time it seemed he could touch her without appearing too forward, he did so. When they finally stopped and sat on a park bench, her brain was in a pleasant fog and she found herself leaning towards him?even being so bold as to rest her head on his shoulder.

Bono was desperate for her. That's all that could be said. From the moment he saw her at the club till now his body had been wanting her. At rehearsals when he was supposed to be working, his thoughts would stray from him and wander to Jessie. Her beautiful face, that delectable body, and those gorgeous eyes. When he sang it was to her and when he dreamed she played a starring role. He hadn't awoken uncomfortable and aching in the night so many times since he was an adolescent and it was beginning to bother him.

He was a grown man and she an adult, they should be able to work this thing out between them. But he didn't want to rush things. He genuinely cared for this woman and the last thing he wanted was to ruin things between them. Still, he couldn't stand to be in her presence and not touch her. So he contented himself with friendly gestures. Helping her out of the cab, guiding her into a small caf? they found still open this late. Finally he could no longer content himself with light touches and suggested they rest on a convenient bench. As she laid her head on his shoulder, he brought his arm up and held her close. The feel of her thigh pressed up against his and the small sound of contentment she made nearly broke his control. But he merely pressed his cheek to her hair and breathed deeply of her soft scent.

Jessie's brain just didn't seem to be functioning any longer. Her last five responses to Bono's attempts at conversation and been short and monosyllabic. She wondered if he realized what he was doing to her. Finally they both drifted to silence and just sat in the dark and watched as the sky began to lighten. Bono had been running his hand almost restlessly up and down her arm, Jessie had just managed to adjust herself to the light movement when he stopped suddenly and sat up a little. Jessie raised her head from it's resting place and looked at him in question. He had the bluest eyes she had ever seen, and they were boring into hers now as if he were trying to see into her very soul. Embarrassed, she dropped her gaze and looked from the lightening sky to her watch.

"I should probably be getting home soon," she said standing, "I didn't realize it was so late. Or so early, rather."

Rising from his seat Bono tucked her hair behind one ear, lightly running his fingers down her neck and back up. Tracing the length of her jaw, he finally cupped her face in his hand, "Not just yet," he murmured. He leaned forward slowly, searching her face for any signs of resistance, before settling his mouth on hers.

Jessie's breath caught in her throat as he kissed her. Gently brushing his mouth against hers and back again until her lips parted on a sigh. Raising her arms, she wrapped them around his neck and inched herself even closer. Bono held her face away from his and slowly deepened the kiss. His tongue slipped between her opened lips and he tasted her gently. Jessie eagerly returned his kiss, moaning as his hands moved down her back to bunch in her shirt.

At the sound of her pleasure, Bono lost himself. Pulling her to him he began to kiss her in earnest. Jessie groaned as he caught her lower lip between his teeth and pulled before continuing on his journey over her face. He seemed to be everywhere, kissing her cheeks, her forehead, her eyes, his hands roaming up and down her back, pulling her against him. His lips traced a line down her jaw before settling once more on her mouth where he kissed her as if his life depended on it. Finally Jessie drew back, gasping for air. Bono lowered his forehead to hers, running his hands up and down either of her arms, as if unable to keep still.

Glancing over Bono's shoulder, Jessie looked towards the horizon where the sun was now peeking out to begin its? days journey. Turning Bono followed her gaze, bringing her around to stand in front of him he held her waist and watched as the sky became a pulsing mass of color. Jessie leaned back against his strong chest and tried to calm down. It wouldn't due either of them any good to jump each other in a public park, and if they'd continued in that vein it would have been inevitable.

As the sun cleared the horizon, Bono turned Jessie towards him once more. Taking her hands lightly in his, he raised them to his lips. Jessie's heart fluttered as he turned them and placed a kiss in each of her palms.

"Well, we'd best be getting you home then." Jessie nodded wordlessly as they left the park and Bono hailed a passing cab.

All during the ride home, Bono kept his arm around her shoulders. As they pulled to a stop he looked down at Jessie. "Can I walk you up?" he asked before looking at the driver, "you don't mind waiting do you?"

The sweaty man looked back at the rock star and shrugged. "Hey pal, it's your money."

Bono opened the door and waiting as Jessie retrieved her keys from her pocket. As they waited for the elevator Jessie noticed Bono open and close his mouth on several occasions. It looked as if he wanted to say something to her, but was having trouble getting it out. As they stepped onto the elevator and the doors closed in front of them, Jessie turned to him expectantly. "What is it?"

Bono grimaced, "I'm leaving today. The tour is moving on and we have to be in Cleveland tomorrow." Jessie nodded in resignation. She knew that he had to go, that it was his job to go, but it still hurt.

"You'll still write won't you?" she asked, "I mean I talk to you in the zoo everyday, it'll be just like you?re here." She attempted a half-hearted smile as the door opened and she stepped into the hall. Bono followed her to her door, putting a hand on her shoulder and turning her towards him.

"Not quite the same, luv." He leaned down and kissed her softly, drawing out the moment as long as he could. Again Jessie's breath caught, she wrapped her arms around him and held him close as they continued to kiss. Finally pulling back, Jessie hid her face in his neck and held him tight.

Bono sighed and buried his face in her hair. His hands moved restlessly up and down her back, stroking down over her hair and holding her pressed to his chest. "Come with me?" he said softly.

Jessie looked up in surprise. "Go with you? I?I can't! My job?I need to pay rent, and who would feed my fish?"

Bono sighed, it had been an impulse to ask her and he wasn't really surprised by her refusal. Pulling her close once more, he kissed her head. "Well, I'll miss you something terrible, but as you say, I will see you in the zoo. Maybe I can fly back out and visit? I'm sure the guys won't mind if I spend some of my free days here. Would you mind at all?"

He looked so sincere and anxious for her response that Jessie had to laugh. "Mind? Of course I wouldn't mind, you silly man!" Bono grinned.

"Well until then." Kissing her hands once more he drew away, slowly withdrawing his hand from hers as he walked.

Smiling, Jessie quietly let herself into her apartment.

Last edited:
:combust: :combust: :combust: :combust:

I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

The only word I can think right now to describe the kiss is:Hot!! :yes:
Sorry my feedback is horrible,but this chapter is sooooooooo :drool: :drool: :drool: .I'll try to say something coherent later,because now is impossible. :faint:

KieraAnne! Do you know what you have done. :sexywink: This is really remarkable writing. I was reading this while listening to The Unforgetable Fire. I was ready for them to go up the sprial staircase to the higher ground. ..:love: Now what will they do? Give up you day job, darling you have a career to pursue. (If nothing else but to finish this story) No kidding this is good.:up:

Back
Top Bottom