You've Got Mail - 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KieraAnne

The Fly
Okay girls, I know this has been a really, really, really long time coming, sorry about that. This part also isn't very long, but I figured I should get something up at least to give you a chance to go back and refresh your memories about this story.....I think it starts on page 22 . Anyway, so yeah, not true, total bunk, unfortunately. :) Let me know what you think.

Part 18

Jessie lay staring up at the ceiling and attempting to contemplate all of the circumstances leading up to this day. Her bad luck with men culminating in the attack by Mr. Smith, the bizarre luck that had her meeting her favorite band on line, her trip to the land of her dreams and now the love of arguably the most gorgeous person on earth. She sighed and looked over at the man in question.

Bono was sitting on the edge of a chair next to the bed, in nothing but a pair of trousers attempting to look at the bottom of his foot. It seemed he wasn’t the contortionist he seemed to think he was as he kept repeatedly loosing his balance and nearly falling flat on his face. Jessie tried to suppress her giggles at the picture he painted, but with little success.

Bono looked up at the sound of her laughter and glared. “I’m telling ya, I’ve got a splinter in my toe, I can feel it. These damn wood floors weren’t meant to be walked on barefoot.”

Jessie laughed even harder, “we did a whole lot more then walk on the floors…I’d be worried about splinters in a different area if I was you.” Bono’s face turned thoughtful at this as he stood and began tentatively feeling around his backside. Jessie grimaced as she saw the furrows her nails had made on his broad back and sat up a little straighter as he turned towards her once more.

“I think I’ll live. How about you? Are you okay? I didn’t hurt you did I?” Bono sat on the edge of the bed and leaned towards her with a worried look on his face. Jessie smiled and let the sheet she had been holding to cover herself drop.

“I’m not sure…maybe you should take a look?” With a slow grin she turned and presented him with her back. She shivered slightly at the soft touch of his fingers caressing her spine and then let out a yelp as Bono grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back against him. Giggling uncontrollably as her ribs were mercilessly attacked, she managed to get an elbow behind her and shoved in an attempt to break free.

Bono’s breath wooshed out of him as Jessie’s arm caught him in the solar plexus, causing him to gasp for breath. Realizing what she had done she returned to his side, immediately apologetic. “Oh, Bono, I’m sorry, are you okay? I didn’t mean to…” she hesitated as she saw his eyes take in her naked frame, linger on her swollen lips, before finally returning her gaze. Bono leaned towards her once more and she lost herself in his arms.

When they finally emerged from the room, the sun had fallen near the horizon and the sound of clanking pots could be heard from the kitchen as Lori muddled about preparing their evening meal. Bono’s stomach growled loudly and Jessie giggled as hers seemed to answer in kind.

“Didn’t really get much chance to eat today,” Bono said as they made their way downstairs. “Maybe I’ll just step into the kitchen and grab us something.” He kissed her lightly and left her standing in the hallway as he went through the swinging door. Jessie grimaced as she heard Bono’s placating tones as he tried to cajole some tidbit from Lori. She smiled as she heard Lori’s disgust about spoiling their appetite and Bono’s adamant denial. He emerged finally with a loaf of bread, hunk of cheese and a jug of wine.

“I had to promise Lori that we’d eat everything on our plate and be back in time for supper to get this,” he said. Jessie grinned, “I don’t think that will be a problem. My body isn’t used to so much exercise and I’ve worked up quite an appetite.” She grabbed the bread from Bono’s hand and tore off a chunk, beginning to eat even as they walked out into the cool twilight.

They walked aimlessly in the fields surrounding the cottage, munching the bread and cheese and alternately taking swigs from the wine bottle until they finally came to rest on the grass near an old standing stone.

Looking up at the monolith, Bono grinned down at Jessie who was trying to locate Orion’s belt with little success. “You know,” he said, “it’s rumored that if you make love beneath a standing stone you’re union will be blessed by the fairies.”

Jessie looked at him with her brow raised. “Really?” she said skeptically. “I hope that by ‘blessed’ they didn’t mean as in ‘with a child.’” Bono’s brow furrowed for a moment and then cleared as he began searching through his pockets, emerging triumphantly with a small foil wrapped packet.

“I don’t think that will be a problem.” He waggled his eyebrows suggestively and Jessie laughed as he leaned towards her.

“We’ll be late for dinner,” she protested mildly. Bono eased closer to her and began to nuzzle her neck. “I’m sure Lori will understand,” he said. Jessie smiled and pulled him even closer.

Adam kicked nonchalantly at the dirt outside the cottage and inhaled deeply on his cigarette. While he had enjoyed the time off he was glad to be getting back on the road. He looked up at the harsh blare of the car horn.

“Oi! Will you guy’s quit and get in the car already?!” Larry yelled from where he had leaned into the drivers seat to lean on the horn. Lori was at the door fussing with a basket she had prepared for Edge to take with him on the plane.

“Now, be sure to share the tarts with Bono, you know how he gets about pastries, and don’t tell Larry that I used real cream for these éclairs or he won’t touch them.” Edge nodded repeatedly as Lori pointed out each item in turn with one hand, all the while pushing Quinn’s inquisitive face behind her as he tried to push past her legs to get at the food. Edge covered the basket with the cloth Lori had provided for just such a purpose and leaning forward planted a kiss on her startled face as she continued to babble.

“Thanks Lori, it’s been really great seeing you again.” Putting his arms around her he pulled her close. Quinn meanwhile, seeing his chance, dashed forward in the space Edge had created and began barking madly at the car. Adam hurriedly stubbed out his cigarette and jumped in the car, slamming the door just as Quinn hit the side at a dead run.

“Quinn!” Lori pulled herself from Edge’s embrace and ran to catch the dog. “Stop barking at that car! Sit! Stay!” Ignoring her, Quinn caught sight of his tail and began to run in hopeless circles, barking all the while. Lori grabbed his collar and was nearly yanked off her feet as he suddenly changed direction and ran toward the door of the cottage once more.

Jessie stepped outside and jerked back immediately at the sight of the huge beast running towards her. Bono caught her by her shoulders and pushed her behind him as he kneeled to meet the charge. “Come on boy! Come on!” Quinn skidded to a halt inches from Bono’s face and began to thump his tail enthusiastically as Bono rubbed his ears and down his sides. “Who’s a good boy? Whose a good boy?” The dog collapsed to the ground and rolled onto his back, his belly begging to be rubbed. Bono wholeheartedly obliged.

Jessie edged her way past the two now wrestling on the ground. She would never understand men and their dogs. Holding MacPhisto’s bowl to her chest she turned to Lori. “Thank you so much for having us, it was a real pleasure.” She extended her hand and nearly dropped her fish as she was caught up in a warm hug.

“You’re welcome anytime luv.” Lori said as she embraced Jessie. Jessie smiled, disentangling herself as Bono came up. “Lori, it’s been a pleasure as always,” he said, catching her up in an embrace of his own. Lori laughed as she was lifted off her feet. Looking from Bono to Jessie she winked, “you keep hold of this one, she’s a keeper.” Jessie blushed uncertainly, but Bono laughed and, putting Lori on her feet again grabbed Jessie’s hand in his.

“Oh I will,” he promised. As Edge and Lori said their good-byes once more Jessie, Bono and the boys settled themselves in the car for the drive back to the airport.

Okay that's it. Hopefully you haven't all forgotten this, but if you have, feel free to catch up. :) -Kiera

oh yay! I never forgot about this story. I'm so glad you posted this part! Keep going!

Hello! This is great- I just read the story again last night, and then this was here when I logged on! It was like a late (or early, really) Christmas present... Love it.

-Anna:crazy:

I hope that everyone doesn't mind that I bumped the rest of the story up. While I was re-reading it, I thought that others might want to do so as well and I was just trying to save them the search.

I love this story!!

Lady Val said:
I hope that everyone doesn't mind that I bumped the rest of the story up. While I was re-reading it, I thought that others might want to do so as well and I was just trying to save them the search.

I love this story!!

I think some people did mind actually, because it bumps their stories way back off the page. :slant: Maybe next time you could just list links to all of them or something?

neutral said:

I think some people did mind actually, because it bumps their stories way back off the page. :slant: Maybe next time you could just list links to all of them or something?

Sorry. My intentions were to just be helpful. Didn't mean to cause problems for others.

Back
Top Bottom