Your thoughts on:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, thought for Friday:

What do you think when you hear a U2 song whilst out in public some place. Now, think about this carefully. What do you really THINK about one of their songs if you catch it outside?

Me, first I think recognition, then comes familiarity, then I think comfort, then I think inspiration and finally desire. (well, ok the desire kinda kicks in first but hey...).:drool: :drool:

My first reaction is excitment! My heart starts to beat faster and I get a lump in my throat and I gravite towards where the music is coming from. And if I'm not in a hurry I'll stop and listen, even if it's one of U2s songs I've heard many times before and my heart fills with joy and I become oblivious to the world around me and sing along under my breath. :cute:

I get excited too! I get a Oooo Ooooo attitude. Its terrible when I'm alone because I look around to see if anyone else is excited too. If I'm with someone that is also a fan then its a big goofy grin-fest. And I ALWAYS sing along.

There's a local shoe store chain called Famous Footwear and they always seem to play U2 when I'm in there. I wander around and sing along and then once the song is over I start looking at the shoes. :nerd:

oh I always get a stupid grin, feel sort of elevated and very happy (immediately)
then i HAVE to sing/ hum along to it and i throughoutly enjoy it - even more than listening to it at home

I get so excited and I sing with this really stupid smile....I tend to sway a little as well.... It's crazy even when Its one of those usual songs you hear in public (ie Beautiful Day ISHFWILF WOWY) i still get really happy....
If i'm with another person I will jump, poin it out and then start to sing along :wink:

U2 are hardly played at all on the local radio...yeah I know, it's kinda shocking! :tsk: :shocked:
But once in a really small music store they played a whole load of songs - from JT, AB and even POP! I had to keep walking round and round the store so I could hear it all! The shop assistant looked more and more suprised every time I walked past the counter!

hcbiggs2002 said:
My first reaction is excitment! My heart starts to beat faster and I get a lump in my throat and I gravite towards where the music is coming from. And if I'm not in a hurry I'll stop and listen, even if it's one of U2s songs I've heard many times before and my heart fills with joy and I become oblivious to the world around me and sing along under my breath. :cute:

100% ditto!!

Once I was in a store with some friends (it was mid-day break at school) and they were playing the 1980-1990 B Sides!! :ohmy: AND in addition, there was a U2 t-shirt that had a pic of Peter and the legend "U2 War Tour" :drool: :drool: So cool!!! Nevertheless, my happines kinda fainted when I saw the price tag... :huh: :lol:

I tell everyone around me to shut up and I sing along to it :)

but if I'm alone and I hear it, my heart tends to beat faster, I get all excited, 'elevated', and happy. Then I bob my head to the tune and hum with it. then when the song is over, I return to my old, moody self :wink:

Good thought for Friday! This has happened to me recently, and I've been quite happy about it.

There's one random store that I can guarantee will be playing a U2 song when I walk in. It's done it 4 times in a row so far. I always get a big goofy grin on my face and start browsing furiously, as though I'm particularly interested in brown envelopes and glue unsticking tweezers... or whatever hundrum stationary this store actually holds. I literally zoom towards the speakers like they're some kind of giant U2 shaped magnet.

Actually, I think this has happened in about two or three stores... it must be especially for me.

If it's on in a shop I'm passing, I have to go in and pretendy-browse! Like I'm really interested in irons and duvets. But I am if U2 is playing, hee.

^ :lol: I zoom directly to the source of the music too. They were playing the Live 8 DVD the other day and I heard Sgt. Pepper's... immediately after that I went to watch, discovered it was the DVD (I hadn't seen the screen before), and had my poor friend waiting for me till the end of their preformance :tsk: :wink:

I find the speaker and stand under it until I'm sure there is no more U2 to be played - at least for a while. And nobody is allowed talking during the U2 song.

Last week I heard "Angel of Harlem" in the drugstore. I felt happy, like someone just gave me an unexpected present. I got a big, goofy grin on my face. Then I looked around the store and saw everyone just going about their business completely oblivious to the song, and I wondered what's wrong with people? :wink:

:lol: Mine is the same. I smile like an idiot and I mean HUGE smile, then am really happy for the next hour or so.
Where I work plays One and Beautiful Day a lot, so when customers look at me the must think I'm weird :eyebrow:
On my first day of work, I was really really nervous and when I was walking to the shopping centre I heard BD and it was sorta calming :hug: I love those guys

I was with my friend once in my university's bookstore, and while we were looking around, I suddenly heard a familar tune. Of course, this excited me, and my general newly aquired bubbliness, and perhaps the fact that I accidentaly and randomly went "desire!" :hyper:, caught my friends attention. Her response was simply, "what? :eyebrow: U2?"
I'm all, yes, can't you hear it? :hyper: She says she can't, that I'm far too obsesed, I'm now hallucinating. :lol:
But fear not my dear readers, I was not put off. Oh no, determined I set off in search of the source. (hoping that I wasn't actually just hearing things :lol: ) Moments later I triumphantly found a radio in the far corner of the store, and it was indeed playing Desire.
I don't think this made me appear any less obsessed to my friend. I am now simply obessed (afterall, who can recognize a song instantly from only a few notes? ) *and* have freak hearing abilities.
The end.

:nerd:

clarityat3am said:
After I squeal in delight, I usually just listen and ban all others from talking. :silent:

:lmao:

Do you still have any friends??

I actually believe that there should be an understanding in the universe, that when a U2 song comes on, everything should stop right then and there, and everyone within ears reach should listen in total silence.........and then at the end of the song there should be an outpouring of gratitude, joy, handslapping, grinning from ear to ear, and only comments about what an incredibly song that was, it's meaning, etc.. hehehe :wink:

actually, I am the one at my house that is slowly getting banned from talking about U2 every chance I get!! :huh:

thankyou said:

:lmao:

actually, I am the one at my house that is slowly getting banned from talking about U2 every chance I get!! :huh:

Me as well. I'm not allowed to mention a certain band name or a certain lead singers name in public unless I have the desire to be turned to stone by my hubby. Not that he's a mean man, it's just that he's had a gutful of Bono this/U2 that..hmmmm....oh well, I guess I'll just hafta be a closet U2 fan from now on...lol

afterall, who can recognize a song instantly from only a few notes?
:nerd: [/B]

err... I hope that is a common u2fandom disease, or we both suffer the same sick thing!!!! hehe give me the first notes and I tell ya wich song it is :)
sadly here in holland there's nearly NO u2 played on the radios!!! only when there's a new single it's played every now and then... ok and when my sis, mom and I had dinner thursday the cooler radio station was on, and city of bluinding lights came on... I had a grin, and my leg was automatically doing the rhytmn, my sister saw my face after the first notes and was like Oh nooo... *sigh*... my mother*after a minute or so* hey, did I hear this tune before upstairs?(I have around err 7 versions of it so at least one of them is played daily on my pc.. :) new record... my playlist now contains 368 items, of wich 15 non-u2 ^^
and when I'm home alone... I use to sing with every song... I don't do that in public... I just don't dare, since I can't sing! but a cool thing, a music teacher at my school did vertigo for last years talent show(for students, but teachers can join in too)... pretty cool.. and I was the only one in the crowd singing with him... and after me the rest of my friends joined, and the rest of the crowd :)

oh and I forgot to add... since this year started... my friends have a new hobby... bashing Bono with everything they can.... since I used to start talking about him alot... now I don't do that... THEY start talking.. and I only outsmart them with Bono bits :) and win ever time
Bono >>>> annoying schoolboys!

youvedonewhat said:

Me as well. I'm not allowed to mention a certain band name or a certain lead singers name in public unless I have the desire to be turned to stone by my hubby. Not that he's a mean man, it's just that he's had a gutful of Bono this/U2 that..hmmmm....oh well, I guess I'll just hafta be a closet U2 fan from now on...lol

ok, then I'll join you in "the closet", as long as we can talk U2 the entire time!! :wink: And everybody else around us then: "shut-up!!":madspit:

thankyou said:

ok, then I'll join you in "the closet", as long as we can talk U2 the entire time!! :wink: And everybody else around us then: "shut-up!!":madspit:

Come on in...perhaps we could start a 'SECRET WORLD IN THE CLOSET' Instead of the chronicles of Narnia/Lion, the witch and the wardrobe, we could have The band, the fans and the wardrobe, only in our case - the closet...heh heh..oh yes, step through the wardrobe into a U2 filled world of pix, films, interviews, news reels and THEM....:drool: :drool: :drool:

...anyone else wanna come along?:evil:

^I wanna live in that closet of Bono/U2 yumminess:hyper:

Yesterday in a store I was standing in the checkout when "Baby Please Come Home" started playing...I got all:hyper: ...Mr.Dis was looking at me and I kept pointing at the ceiling..at first he was like
:huh: and then like :rolleyes:

youvedonewhat said:

Come on in...perhaps we could start a 'SECRET WORLD IN THE CLOSET' Instead of the chronicles of Narnia/Lion, the witch and the wardrobe, we could have The band, the fans and the wardrobe, only in our case - the closet...heh heh..oh yes, step through the wardrobe into a U2 filled world of pix, films, interviews, news reels and THEM....:drool: :drool: :drool:

You sound like a total hoot to hang out with!! :up:

youvedonewhat said:

I call dibs on Bono's lap!
:hyper:

Afterall, it might get rather squished in the closet, and I feel it's only right I make room for others. :wink:
A purely selfless act I assure you.

Wait...
A whole other world you say?

Oops.......I guess B and me went to the wrong closet......by accident :shifty:

:D

The goofy grin must be contagious....I get it all the time when I hear them when I'm out. Just the other day Baby Please Come Home was on and the sales lady said, I can't stand this music it is too loud isn't it? And I was just smiling...I said well I guess if its not your type...BUT I was wearing my Vertigo T-shirt and the lady didn't know the connection!:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom