YOUR Elevation concert pics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I most throuhly did enjoy it - I haven't completely finished it yet tho..:ohmy:
But there are so many great parts!
Ha ha, bono's intros of theband made me laugh...
And I love the interaction b/w edge and himm..so adorable!
As for Bono...well...:combust:
And how could I forget..THE BITING! :hyper:
I replayed it a "few" times...:combust:

May I jus say..Stars! I love you for making me buy it! :hug:
:)

sicy, you have some really fine pics there!

what is the camera deal?
Did you have to sneak yours in?

At MSG for years now [since early 80's] they've gotten very strict with cameras.
I snuck my big camera in in 3 pieces in early summer 2001 to New Jersey's Continetal Area, but somehow I didn't notice that the film didn't stay spooled-up- so all I got back was clear film
:scream: :scream: :scream:

But at the MSG post 9-11 concert i didn't dare :shifty: try to sneak it in, and in Brooklyn they allowed it.

If I can get tix to MSG or NJ, I want to try and sneak it in again as I did in NJ, and this time watch my film spool up verryyyy carefully.

how have people gotten their cameras in? maybe I should start a thread, but where PLEBA or ETYKIW ? Suggestions?[/B]

Pre-U2 I almost hsad no problem lugging my camera in w teles..... for all these other bands ...like The Who.....

:help: advice!

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
Lemon Grrrrrl - you saw them in Hamilton? How was it?
Very nice pics, btw!

It was incredible. My first time on the floor. I actually bought the tix before I even knew where Hamilton was!!!!!!!!!!! Met all kinds of awesome fans there - I just flew in by myself literally for the show. Got in early that am, slept about 3 hours, saw the show, cried b/c they sang just about every song I ever wanted to hear live, got back to the hotel, slept a few more hours then flew back home. Didn't even know how close I was to Niagara Falls until after I got back.

Garbage was one of the best opening acts I've ever seen. I would definitely see them again. It was funny, before they went on, I was standing with other people asking them what songs Garbage did - I'd heard a few songs but couldn't remember any of them (kinda had U2 on the brain, natch). Then, wow...Stupid Girl, I Would Die For You, Only Happy When it Rains, and all these others I'd heard before - and they were incredible!

Thx for the compliment, by the way! :) I love sharing them.

Originally posted by dazzledbylight Lemongrrrl did you take this MSG pics yourself [some nice ones]? And if you did how did you get your camera in??!!!

Yes I did take them all! I used 800 speed film with a crappy manual advance bright neon green camera that I've had forever (except for the Hamilton show - used a crappy automatic advance camera, and the shots came out all fuzzy). I don't really remember the exact method I used to bring it in - probably stuffed it into the front of my pants. Not like all the way down, though! The MSG photos were developed at a Kodak processing place, actually a 1-hour photo lab. But they had some **official** Kodak sign there so I thought maybe they'd be better quality - wow I am so glad I did that! After I scanned the photos into my computer I did a little touching up where I could with PhotoShop, just to enhance a little bit. (That AutoEnhance feature is awesome for photos of people!) There's nothing fake or anything in them.

I've never had a problem bringing cameras to U2 concerts (obviously!) - of course now that I say that it'll probably bite me in the ass come the Vertigo tour. But the first few shows I was a goodie two shoes, then I noticed flashes going off all over the place, so I said f*ck it! Brought a camera and had no trouble. Now that I've been to a few I've seen Otto there too, and he always has his professional equipment with him (for those of you who don't know Otto - www.u2photos.com, he takes amazing shots!)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
(I hope Otto did okay getting tickets :hug: )

I wish. I've got SD1 and ... that's it. I've only got those because someone else had good presale luck. I've been on tour (selling glowlights and posters for a teen pop star ... sad but true) and a few times I couldn't really try onsales, but I did the best I could and I've got just the one show. Sigh....

otto

Ottofilm said:

I wish. I've got SD1 and ... that's it. I've only got those because someone else had good presale luck. I've been on tour (selling glowlights and posters for a teen pop star ... sad but true) and a few times I couldn't really try onsales, but I did the best I could and I've got just the one show. Sigh....

otto

:(

Hopefully you'll have better luck for the third leg :hug:

I'm going to SD1 too (so I'll probably be buying more photos in the future :shifty: )

edit: Otto, this is a good place to look for extra tickets. Most people are trading, but some are selling for face value.:

http://forum.interference.com/f283.html :wave:

Last edited:
Ottofilm said:

otto

Maybe I'll be able to sneak you into GA with me in Chicago and Philly...:hug:

That stinks...something will turn up chap.

13533IMG_0648-med.JPG

Full size (Wallpaper or bigger) available in my Gallery

Chrisedge said:
13533IMG_0648-med.JPG

Full size (Wallpaper or bigger) available in my Gallery

is that the view from all the way in the back of the stadium, up in the nosebleeds! because i have those tix for Anaheim, and i was hoping tehy were goood :up:

starsgoblue said:
I think there might be...because the girl looking for the font that was on the inside of her Boston DVD is NOT the way mine looks at all...:hmm:

Come to think of it...I just looked at the box for the Boston DVD and it is in there for me!!

It says: "And Love is not the easy thing, the only baggage you can bring....And love is not the easy thing, the only baggage you can bring, Is all that you can't leave behind"...

If you slide the DVD part out of the box it is in there...

My pic was taken from the lower level seats straight back at Thomas and Mack in Las Vegas. (Nov 18, 2001) (Same seat for my recording of that night)

No thanks to the idiot behind me asking "Did you tape? and Are you gonna put it up on the internet" after screaming "Bootleger" and shit after he figured out that I was taping.

People don't be idiots if you know someone is taping near you. The band is ok with it, you don't need to be vocal on MY recording.

Back
Top Bottom