You won't believe what I just heard....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
....on my local PBS station!

so it's between shows, and they're plugging all sorts of upcoming shows, yadda yadda...when...WTF??

*stops typing*

*looks at TV*

*cranks up sound, strains to hear*

OMG...it's the beginning strains of UTEOTW!!!
eek.gif

My gosh, U2 IS EVERYWHERE, YAAAAAYYY!!!!
biggrin.gif

I swear I'm hearing U2 bits and pieces and songs everywhere I go, it's uncanny....

OMG me too!

lol, i had some friends over and we were going to go out to a mall or something and before we left, they were in my room and i was in a different room two rooms away when the whole cluster of them yell across my house, "JULIE, IT'S U2!" (on the radio). it was the funniest thing. then in the car on the way there i heard 3 U2 songs on the radio!

i know it's not the same as what happened to you, but i understand where you're comeing from, i just can't think of any examples right now.

unless the fact that destiny's child is HAUNTING me counts!!!

they're everywhere now! i walked into my dad's room the other day and in the middle of the floor is this poster of them. i was like, "WHAT is THAT??" my dad- "oh, that destiny thing? i got it from some printing company" grrr... ok, that's only one example, but they're EVERYWHERE! i swear!

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

DISCO!

this is the perfect place for me to share what happened to ME in the CAR the other day!! LOL

YEs- i thought i was delusional. I'm not kidding.

I stop my cds, for some reason.. and flip on the radio. I listen to the end of Pearl Jam's "Better Man" and then ALL OF A SUDDEN,there's this VOICE

"Hello"

and i'm like- I KNOW THAT VOICE!

"this is the edge!"

at which point i wondered if I had really taken tylenol earlier or something else

"and i'm sitting here with adam"

if EVEn said the word CARRY i was gonna crash the car

Adam starts talking, and they are laughing. this is when i realize they're on my radio! (yes, my!
wink.gif
)

Adam says "And you're listening to 955 WBRU"

eek.gif

WOWOWOW!! woohooooo

pretty damn cool! (plus the whole i didn't start hallucinating thing was a bit of a relief)

anyway.. carry on..
smile.gif

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

** U2 Take Me Higher ** <--my "spoons"

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

*If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane!*

that happend to me today as well. While sitting at the drive thru, I switched from listening to a U2 cd to talk radio for brief second. the radio station cut to a commerical, and what do I hear, "One". The station had it in the background in one of its commerical as it was thanking all of its listeners for donating during the holiday season and for donating to the victims of the terrorist attacks. The radio progammer for this station is a big AB U2 fan because they like to play EBTTRT and UTEOTW as background music for a couple of their talkshow hosts.
smile.gif

If I heard Adam on the radio, I would drive off the road.
I guess it's a blessing that my car radio doesn't work
biggrin.gif

Then there are the times when you don't hear them at all.
frown.gif
Then you are forced to turn on your CD's.

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 01-02-2002).]

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
If I heard Adam on the radio, I would drive off the road.
I guess it's a blessing that my car radio doesn't work
biggrin.gif

Then there are the times when you don't hear them at all.
frown.gif
Then you are forced to turn on your CD's.

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 01-02-2002).]

I nearly did, Mrs. Clayton.

Good thing I was sitting down, or else I would have fallen.

I'll now admit I did look UP when I heard Edge's voice. *shrugs* I really thought I lost it.

YOU nearly drive off the road cos Edge is talking to you, I'M sitting here "shrieking like a teapot"
wink.gif
reading your post, annoying my neighbors...pretty funny that we know who it is by hearing only ONE WORD spoken! I woulda nearly drove off the road as well, hee hee!

God, we're such freaks. LOL!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
((((hugs fellow Pleba freaks))))

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
and then ALL OF A SUDDEN,there's this VOICE

"Hello"

"this is the edge!"

at which point i wondered if I had really taken tylenol earlier or something else

DISCO!

this is the perfect place for me to share what happened to ME in the CAR the other day!! LOL

I stop my cds, for some reason.. and flip on the radio. I listen to the end of Pearl Jam's "Better Man" and then ALL OF A SUDDEN,there's this VOICE

"Hello"

"this is the edge!"

Adam starts talking, and they are laughing. this is when i realize they're on my radio! (yes, my!
wink.gif
)

eek.gif

WOWOWOW!! woohooooo

pretty damn cool! (plus the whole i didn't start hallucinating thing was a bit of a relief)

anyway.. carry on..
smile.gif

LOL! this is too funny. I would have freaked out as well. You know I was driving home one day on the interstate and I looked up to look at a billboard, and what do I see...U2...the local rock station had a giant billboard of U2 from ATYCLB...I nearly missed my exit because of this...

DISCO!

"Hello"

"this is the edge!"

wink.gif
)

eek.gif

WOWOWOW!! woohooooo

anyway.. carry on..
smile.gif

HOLY CRAP

i would've driven off the road screaming....

ok...maybe not. but you never know!

wink.gif
)

eek.gif

i know i just posted in reply to this. but i was reading it over again, and thinking, if i could get that on tape, i would. and i'd play it a couple of times.

i think he has the greatest voice. sexy accent.

LOL...you think that's bad....while at the LA3 show, I took a little break from the GA line to stretch my legs...so I'm wandering around, minding my own biz, hoping the boys will drive by in their limo's and pick me up, when what do I see, like 1/2 a freakin mile away on a billboard WAAAAY up on top of this building???

26570125FpMvcCgHMC_ph.jpg

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I can't even read what it says!!

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
You know I was driving home one day on the interstate and I looked up to look at a billboard, and what do I see...U2...the local rock station had a giant billboard of U2 from ATYCLB...I nearly missed my exit because of this...

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-02-2002).]

Whew, I thought I was the only one being haunted lately...I go to the grocery store and while I'm standing in line, what do I hear? Streets, loud and clear. A few days later, same grocery store, I hear One. I go to a furniture store to buy a bookshelf, and I hear Stuck in Moment. I walk into my gym, and of all things, The Sweetest Thing. I get in my car, turn off the CD to give my husband a break from U2, sorry honey, Stuck in Moment again!!! Every store or restaurant we have walked into lately has been playing a U2 song. My husband has asked me if I'm calling ahead and making requests. It's really driving him crazy. We will be shopping on separate aisles and I hear him go "oh geez, how does she do this?" I love it!!!

Here are a couple of things. I saw that same billboard in LA about 6 weeks back on La Cienega. HUGE! I was driving at the time so no pictures for me.

Also, KROQ fm in LA loves U2. Wild Honey is being played regularly.

"this is the edge!"

I'm reading this, thinking: And they're coming to her to tell her to put back on the U2 cds, huh?!
And you looked up??
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

One of the radio stations in Toronto is called "The Edge", and last time that the boys were here, they got "The Edge" to record an add that says. "Hi, this is The Edge, and your listening to The Edge". I love it, and giggle everytime.

The other day I was reading "At the End of the World", and when I finished a chapter I decided to see what was on Much More Music. Well it was 2 minute interview with Bono, then they played the Kite video!! It was just weird because it was the only 5 minutes that I watched tv all day!!

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

if i heard U2 on one of those radio promotion things, it would be dangerous. i'd be driving in the wrong lane!

two stories:

the NFL (of all things) was briefly running an ad that used "bad" as it's background music. when the commercial came on i started shrieking, "it's U2! it's U2!" but my bro didn't believe me cause he didn't recognize the song. blah! i've also heard PBS use "one."

last night i was at best buy. you know how they have those big signs that are different cd covers. well, my best buy had ATYCLB hanging up and i briefly wished i had a camera to take a picture! why would i want to do that? i own the album! but for a brief moment it sounded like a good idea.

PLEBA is screwing me up.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

*calls all radiostations around the world and beg them to stop play and interview U2 because all my PLEBA friends will end up dead by the side of the road if they do*

Oki, I won't but it sound dangerous and I know the feeling, it happens to me too.
smile.gif

But the weirdest thing of all happened to me this morning. I had a U2 tape in my car (I don't have a cd-player) and when I started the car the tape started to go and I was like OMG they are playing U2 on the radio, oh, what song is it.... when I suddenly realize it was my tape... LOL Am I screwed up or what??

I don't hear U2 on the radio very much though but on TV. In almost every sportsprogram, entertainment show ( like in the Gladiators they play Elevation if someone manage to climb the wall all the way up) and in the news. And it's not like they use the most known ones but HMTMKMKM I heard the other day. It's great!! There must be real U2 fans working on the TV stations here because they use their music A LOT in all different kind of topics.
And I freak out every time.... LOL

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by madonna's child:

last night i was at best buy. you know how they have those big signs that are different cd covers. well, my best buy had ATYCLB hanging up and i briefly wished i had a camera to take a picture! why would i want to do that? i own the album! but for a brief moment it sounded like a good idea.

lol! EXACT SAME THING happened to me two days ago! I looked up and grabbed my mom's arm and said,"Look!". heh -- we're ALL so ridiculous.
biggrin.gif

I can't believe U2 has done radio commercial stuff like that! Seems kind of cheap to me..
Anyway, my radio stations here don't play U2 very often at all, but when they do, it's either a ATCLYB song or it's a really old song. Illinois radio stations must like them more than where I live, because everytime I go there I am treated to at least 3 songs. :p
Aghhhhh -- me, my mom (who is also U2 obsessed) and my dad (who is very much NOT a U2 fan -- he thinks I'm crazy and makes fun of them, but at least he pronounces Bono right..) all drove to Kansas City and then St. Louis for the concerts there in November, and those were my last 2. In Kansas City they played Stuck In A Moment but that was it. This really dumb guy, in a monotone deadpan voice started talking, and I didn't pay any attention, and then I hear the words "you too/U2" and I think,"What's the harm? Even if it ISN'T about U2, I might as well listen!", so I do listen and of course, they were discussing what they were doing for the tour! I think he said,"And U2 will be going back to Europe and marching on with their tour into 2002!". Anyway, next day, St. Louis, I am completely psyched out and can't believe that was my last night of the Elevation tour. I love them so much and I can't get them out my head, and of course, my dad gets SO sick of U2 and thinks they are kind of stupid, so of course the radio station is having a big thing where they play tons of U2 songs! And right away once he hears Bono say,"She moves in mysterious ways.." when he turns on the radio he turns it promptly to another crap channel playing PINK. I almost screamed at him I was so mad.
frown.gif
Some people.. arrrrgh.

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Hahaha... just have to tell you this. Nothing with radio to do but kind of U2 coincidenses.
It just happened. I'm at work and work at a callcenter for a phonecompany and I get a call from a customer that tries to reach his daughter in Ireland!!! And of course my thoughts wonder of to our guys. It ends up with that I have to try to call the number from here and my fantasy is wild so when I dial the number I find myself thinking of how cool it would be if I get to hear, "yeah, it's Bono" on the other line.... Unfortunatly it didn't happen, I just got an answeringmachine in my ear. But it gave me some fun at work at least, got to call Ireland.
smile.gif
I am screwed up, I know.... LOL

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Y'know, I keep hearing U2 in odd places. That, and I can have a conversation without someone saying "On Edge" or something, which of course, gets Echo going...

Think of all the songs that say "Edge"...
Linkin Park - ONE STEP CLOSER
"One step closer to the EDGE, and I'm about to break!"
Aerosmith - LIVING ON THE EDGE
Need I say more?

And there are so many more!

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

Card carrying member of Echo's Boy Cleaning Service.

Scottphisto vending machines. Now everywhere inside the famous PLEBA Mansion, fullfilling all your Scottphisto needs!

"I'm not wearing any underwear! Now gimmie a cookie!!" -Unknown
Is this love? Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?
EAT ME!! I'M A SPEACIALTY BREAD!!

lol, it's the same with me Scottphisto! My grandpa was reading On The Edge a while back.. and everywhere I hear people say,"I'm on the edge," blah blah blah.. it's crazy how someone named Edge can make you really realize how often that word is used!
smile.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

i've had things like that happen to me; one time i was in the mall and in less then an hour i heard/saw U2 3 times!!!! one was in a sporting goods store and "Baby Please Come For X-mas" came on the tv they had, then i was in Sam Goody and B. Day came on the store music thingy, then the last one i think was while we were eating Elevation came on....my mall has great taste!
biggrin.gif

------------------
--U2002revolution

'I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
lol, it's the same with me Scottphisto! My grandpa was reading On The Edge a while back.. and everywhere I hear people say,"I'm on the edge,"

I got ya beat on that one...

My Gramma was working on a latch-hook rug. She handed it to my mom, and said "I didn't do THE EDGE becuase my thumb got tired."

I ABOUT FELL OFF MYSELF!!! OH MY GOOD LORD!!!

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

Card carrying member of Echo's Boy Cleaning Service.

Scottphisto vending machines. Now everywhere inside the famous PLEBA Mansion, fullfilling all your Scottphisto needs!

"I'm not wearing any underwear! Now gimmie a cookie!!" -Unknown
Is this love? Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?
EAT ME!! I'M A SPEACIALTY BREAD!!

Originally posted by Scottphisto:

My Gramma was working on a latch-hook rug. She handed it to my mom, and said "I didn't do THE EDGE becuase my thumb got tired."

lol I think I told this story elsewhere, but my mom and brother were helping me dad put up some drywall and I guess one end was slippin down because he said "WATCH THE EDGE! THE EDGE! NO ONE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THE EDGE!!" Lmao

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself"
~Gypsy~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

So I'm having yet ANOTHER very boring day at home, perusing the on line job boards (yaaaawwwwnnn), and watching this PBS show on bears as background noise. Suddenly, I'm paying attention to the show, as the announcer says:

"Suddenly a large male grizzly appears, which causes the female and her cubs to scamper off. It's Larry, one of the largest males in the area." LARRY!!
eek.gif

Then later he says:
"...because when a male like Larry is around it makes all the other bears very edgy." !!!!

I completely cracked up!! U2....IS....everywhere!!!!

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Whew, I thought I was the only one being haunted lately...I go to the grocery store and while I'm standing in line, what do I hear? Streets, loud and clear. A few days later, same grocery store, I hear One. I go to a furniture store to buy a bookshelf, and I hear Stuck in Moment. I walk into my gym, and of all things, The Sweetest Thing. I get in my car, turn off the CD to give my husband a break from U2, sorry honey, Stuck in Moment again!!! Every store or restaurant we have walked into lately has been playing a U2 song. My husband has asked me if I'm calling ahead and making requests. It's really driving him crazy. We will be shopping on separate aisles and I hear him go "oh geez, how does she do this?" I love it!!!

this happened to me, too! there was this earlier thread, about the band stalking US, for once...it was really funny. people would be at bars and hear their music...i was in a frickin's shoe store and heard a song!

Originally posted by Scottphisto:

LMFAO!!!

your whole family is funny! (and lewd.)

As we all know, Kevin Bacon has his six degrees of separation. My friend and I decided that there is only one degree for U2. Example: One day I wanted to listen to the radio (which is stupid, because radio here sucks). So I turn off Achtung Baby and flip on Cities 97. Oh, what's that? Oh, it's "Mysterious Ways". Hmmm, I think, new station. Oh no, it's "Walk On". Yea. They ARE everywhere! Not that I'm complaining...

------------------
On your knees boy!

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i know i just posted in reply to this. but i was reading it over again, and thinking, if i could get that on tape, i would. and i'd play it a couple of times.

i think he has the greatest voice. sexy accent.

Oh my....I was watching JTree the DVD the other day and I was just thinking....wow...how sexy is Adam's accent! I love his the most I think!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom