You think you know Brian Eno?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
You know Brian Eno, the nice producer who produced UF and so on...half blone/half bald? Friend with Danny Lanois? Telling people on the street he was Quincy Jones? Calling Larry Lardence?

WELL

I made a big discovery today when I was looking for Bowie pics.

It might me nothing SO new to some of you, but I bet some maybe be....mildly put....bewildered by how that man's appereance changed.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
v
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
|
v
v
v
v
|
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

brain.jpg

brain_eno.jpg

I was very..surprised.

as a long time Bowie fan I've seen and heard some Brian Eno from the 70's but I've never seen these before! yikes :crazy:

I have a friend who hates U2 really bad :tsk: He owns some of Brian Eno's solo stuff. He was really surprised to see Eno's name when I bought Passengers a few months ago. He had no idea that he's been producing U2 for 20 years. :tsk:

oooh, i love the fact that you're a bowie fan. :flirt: maybe i will join your edge days again.

a friend just told me:

eno first became well known as the androgynous synthesizer player in roxy music in the early 70's

~~~this is from the Best Of Propaganda book. Reliable source. BeLIEve it!

HA! I bet not SO many of you knew about that!

:reject: Me neither. And it disturbs me - like the bootler put it.

Last edited:
That's actually how I first heard of him and saw him. I've known it since I was a little kid (of course I'm a lot older than most of you and was a kid in the 70's) :reject: :uhoh: :eek: ;)

This is the funniest Eno pic because it's just so, ordinary and un rock like. Here he is dining at Edge's parents' house while Edge serves him dinner! :laugh:

edgemeal.jpg

:cute:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
That's actually how I first heard of him and saw him. I've known it since I was a little kid (of course I'm a lot older than most of you and was a kid in the 70's) :reject: :uhoh: :eek: ;)
being a 70s kid is cool, i wished i had lived there too :shifty:

FallingStar said:
oooh, i love the fact that you're a bowie fan. :flirt: maybe i will join your edge days again.

:ohmy: see you this weekend then! I know you have some good Edgie pictures to post! :edge: :drool:

I don't have too many CD's of David Bowie but I'd like to start getting some more of his stuff. I actually got into his stuff about 10 years ago. I always loved him but I never bought any of his stuff. I was a pretty big Def Leppard fan and they did a cover of Ziggy Stardust and I loved the song right away so I went out and bought the Spiders from Mars album :drool: That was the only thing I listened to for a few months after I bought it! I've bought a few others but I haven't bought any of his newer stuff. I think I really just like his stuff from the 70's. I sort of forget about him and then every once in a while I'll listen to his stuff and wonder why I ever stopped listening and why I don't own more.

Last edited:
FallingStar said:

being a 70s kid is cool, i wished i had lived there too :shifty:

was a little kid in the 70's and it was cool. I was a huge Kiss fan in 1978 at 4 years old! My parents were terrified and everything to keep me away from them. I ended up listening to Kiss for almost 20 years. :tsk: I can't stand them now :barf:

If you have the Old Grey Whistle Test DVD that was just released this past fall, Roxy Music is on there performing "Do The Strand." Which also happens to be one of the songs Edge picked for Zooradio. (Don't you love how things are connected?)

Eno's outfit is pretty disturbing there as well. And he dances...which might be even worse than his outfit. :sexywink:

:wave:

I wasn't a kid in the 70's- I was a teenager :shocked: Those were cool times, but the worst thing is, being old now :lol: So enjoy your youth, girls. I saw times you didn't see, but you will live to times I will miss. You always have the tapes!

I'm an old school Roxy Music fan and I remember being excited to hear Eno was going to be working with U2!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom