You know you're obssesed when....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edge's girl said:

6) you spend more time on the internet reading about U2 then you do studying for exams.

:applaud:

- when your walking down the street while listening to Sometimes... and realize you're acting just like Bono in the video

- when your best friend wakes you up early in the morning with a message 'vh1' and you sorm out to see u2's new video (this happened today with City of bl lights)

- when you're working and relize that you named one of your walls U2 and felt the need to highlight it on your drawings(architect student)

- when in conversation you respond with a lyric from one of u2's songs...and you don't even speak the language!:huh:

Last edited:
edge's girl said:

6) you spend more time on the internet reading about U2 then you do studying for exams.

I am relating to that, like, at this second. French and geometry exams? what? they mean nothing *glues face to computer screen* :rant:

*Discreetly counting Bono's adorable freckles while standing inches away from him as he talks to us fans and memorizing his voice, features, scent and locking it in my heart:love:

*When you feel that dreaded heartache because U2 finished touring So.California:sad:

*But your heart gets warm and fuzzy knowing that you are set for the 3rd leg when they return to fill that U2 shaped hole:wink:

*When you cannot help relate all you can with the band.

*When your 28 photobucket folders are U2 related and you have only 1 misc personal folder and only 42 pics in it :reject:

*When Bono and Edge dreams leave you mezmorized and in cloud nine, and in the day you just have to write a great fan fic

*When you sneak a U2 related book or mag to your desk at work
and pause your phone in between reading a few paragraphs (looking guiltily around as to not get caught)

*When you find any exuse to talk about U2, DATA, ONE.. to other fans and non U2 fans

*When you have a vhs tape ready for any U2 related snippet, news video ect...to record

*When you have family members calling you letting you know U2 on the TV and are you recording it!

*When non-U2 fans think of you when they hear or see something U2 related

*When you take up 2 jobs to help support your U2 habit

-----I could go on for ever!! but I want to hear more of your obsessions!

Last edited:
When your husband buys you a U2ipod for Mother's Day so you can take your music to the hospital.

sweetie said:

:lol: I do that too! Its much more exciting to see videos on VH1/MTV than popping in a DVD/videotape. The same rule applies to hearing them on the radio rather than CD. Don't know why--but its true. :shrug:

Maybe we like sharing the love of our boys with the rest of the world or we want to :p to our family or friends and say see how popular U2 is LOL

I need to join this one

1. four u2 shows in a week? That's just three less than there should be
2. You drive around to hear the end of a u2 song even though you have the song, several live versions of said song and several remixes of said song on the ipod that is sitting next to you
3. You itunes library has, in some cases, 20 versions of the same u2 song on it
4. Three times the regular price of a ticket sounds like a pretty good deal
5. A day without u2 songs - not pretty - a day without internet connection just plain mean
6. You work u2 songs/phrases into your everyday vocabulary (you know you've done this one - Someone says "it's a beautiful day" and automatically you respond "don't let it slip away")
7. You become waaay to excited when you hear Wake up - and then you chant everyone after the song
8. Even though you are a girl you have at least one pair of fly shades, converse shoes, assorted hoodies........
9. When at a u2 show (ahhh the happiness) you can correctly identify the following all by their first names
a. Assorted friends/family of the band
b. production Designer
c. Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drum tech
d. Stage manager
e. Set Designer
f. Band Manager
g. Bodyguard(s)
10. When you meet another u2 fan you are always amazed at how much you have in common and how friggin cool u2 fans are

11. You write for an internet site dedicated to u2 and love it :D

When your six year old refers to Bono as your boyfriend.

When the same six year old starts jumping up and down in the middle of Wal-mart, cuz Vertigo came on the loud speakers.

When you catch your family members singing U2 songs under there breath and they don't even realize they are doing it.

When your husband tells you about seeing Bono on tv for a commerical at 5 am and he was tempted to wake you up in case they showed it again. :lol:

When your husband buys you a U2 ipod to take with you for a weekend conference so you wouldn't have a total withdrawal.

1. You kiss your U2 tickets when you get them in the mail.

2. Your best friend decorates a box in Bono pictures, names it the Bono Box, and gives it to you for Christmas.

3. Your sister makes you a shirt for your birthday day that reads I <3 (heart) Bono. And then you wear said shirt when you see the U2 exhibit at the RRHofF

4. Your cousin mails you an article of Bono she found in a magazine, even though you've already bought the magazine.

5. When you hear or see U2 on the radio or tv and people around you know why you're smiling.

6. You have a countdown of when you'll see them in concert. Even though it's more than half a year away.

7. You enter a contest to hopefully meet Bono or the band and then proceed to talk about all the cool things that could happen like you've already won.

8. You name your pet after one of the boys, or something U2 related. (my dogs' name is Harley :) )

9. You have to have someone repeat what they said because you tuned them out when you heard a U2 song on the radio.

10. You wake up early during your vacation in order to tape U2 performing on the morning news. Two days in a row!

Ok, I could go on forever.

One more

11. You wonder how you will ever survive only being able to get on Interference during the weekends if you get this summer camp job out in the boonies. :wink:

Last edited:
When St. Patrick's Day rolls around, you find yourself wanting to teach an entire lesson on U2 to your students (preschoolers presently....first graders years ago)!!!

I'm not much of a poster, but I love reading Interference (especially PLEBA!). You all are great!

Lindy
(waiting patiently for October 29th :whistle: )

labell said:
- your parents ask you how "your bonohead" is doing.

:lol: bonohead... I love this thread. I'm guilty of over half of these :eek:

1. When EVERTYIME, without fail, someone says "you too" or "you two" you just HAVE to shout "U2!!"

2. When you've got OTHER people saying "U2" just out of habit of being around you

3. When you think you have magical Bono powers because U2 happens to start playing when you walk into restaurants (it's happened two or three times...:D)

4. When you think only 500 U2 songs on your U2-edition iPod is far, far too few (I need more bootlegs...)

5. When you think over 1,000 U2-related images on your computer is nothing (I need MORE!)

6. When for literally every art assignment your sophmore year you did either U2 or your U2 edition iPod

7. When your friends who AREN'T U2 fans know the names of the members of the band

8. When you proclaim your undying love for your teacher in front of the entire class when he says his favourite band is U2

9. When you and your friends think spontaneous "WOOOHOOO"'s in the middle of class are a good thing (EL-E-VA-TION!)

10. When someone says "Hola" you respond with "Donde esta?" out of instinct

11. When you make a point to be at every setlist party now that they're in the middle of the day and you're off of school

12. When you make a whole bunch of U2 icons and post them in PLEBA...:D

13. When your friends don't even bat an eye anymore at your spontaneous singing (one time my friend said "It's cold outside" so I sing-shouted "BUT BRIGHTLY LIT, SKIP THE SUBWAY, LET'S GO, LET'S GO OVERGROUND!!!" and she was confused. She doesn't seem to notice now, even when I switch it up, y'know, "it gets so hot in here, as the boys and girls collide...")

14. When you associate numbers with U2 (like 14...catorce...)

I could go and on and on...:D

Here is my list:

1. Can’t help but say "My conga, my very own conga" when you see one. (Actually happened to me when I was in my HS choir...I saw a Conga and said the line)

2. You get WAY too excited when you hear U2 on the radio or see them on the TV.

3. When you've got your parents taping/telling you about U2 appearances

4. When you got your mother telling you about U2 stuff…even when you already know about them! (Happens to me all the time)

5. When you got one of your coworkers bobbing their heads to you singing along with a U2 song. (Heared ABOY on the PA system when I was an usher at the theater I worked at when this happened)

6. Spend every spare moment on Interference with others just like me.

7. Checks @U2.com every single day…sometimes two or more times! (Yep...I do this all the time!)

8. When you get excited seeing a U2 video on VH1 Classic, MTV Hits, regular MTV or regular VH1

9. You have enough U2 newspaper/magazine pictures and clippings to decoupage your entire house. Even more so if it’s scattered around your bedroom…like me.

10. You jump around like an idiot when you hear a U2 clip in a movie

11. When you hear a u2 song on the radio and tell everyone to shut their mouths to hear this song. Same goes with U2 videos and U2 programs. (This is sooo me)

12. Need to read everything about U2 and find out how they did or what they played at their concerts

13. When a teachers gives you a old U2 Magazine when the school’s libaray doesn’t need it anymore (Actually happened to me…it was the Making of Achtung Baby edition)

14. When your dad gives you newspaper clippings that has something to do with U2 (My dad does it all the time)

15. You get excited about a concert by just looking at the tickets (Happens to me all the time)

16. You have a countdown of when you'll see them in concert. No Matter when you are seeing them

17. You name your pet after one of the boys, or something U2 related. (Had a cat name Ali…after Mrs. Hewson….and when we get two Irish Wolfhounds for my mom…she wants to name them Bono and Ali)

Wow, I'm so guilty of so many of these.. I'm not alone! Yay!

1.When 'With or Without You' comes on the radio you block out everything around you and go into a trace focusing on only Bono's voice and you have a massive dopey grin plastered on you face.

2. Your uncle points out a picture of Bono on his fridge and you beg him for but he says no. So you distract him and have your Nan grab it and pocket it:shifty:

3. Your mate says that The Foo Fighters are bigger then U2. And to prove that him wrong you tackle him to the ground and force him to take back said statement.

4. Two words 'Blue Crack' :wink:

5. You have your got younger brother singing U2, talking about Bono and have discovered his U2 folder but he denies liking them just because you do.

6. When your father asks 'How are you Mrs. Bono and when’s the wedding!?'

7. When your non U2 friend says that Bono really is HOT and that she notices he looks like Robin Williams without you having to say anything:tongue:

-Nikki

oaks..... I think I'm well and truely obsessed with U2 when:

I feel in need of a U2 fix if I haven't heard them all day.

I wait for feckin' hours yawning my way through God knows how many shitty videos on the music channels in my desperation to catch a U2 video that I've already got recorded on like 10 millions tapes and dvds.

I leave myself stickers all over the house reminding myself of when they're due to be on the tv just in case I forget.

I can't help the Bono-like grin from spreading across my face whenever I'm out w/hubby and a U2 song comes on somewhere. (He usually scowls when this happens now as it happens more often then not..not my fault he's got NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO taste).

I regularly visit my newsagents/magazine store just in case there's an interview with them somewhere.

Check out the cd display in music stores every time I go in just to see how far up the charts they are or rummage through the racks of discs to see what U2 cds they've got in stock even though I've got them all.

Have a pic of B in my diary (mmmmmm beard.....:drool: )

Own a coupla U2 keyrings that are always in my sight.

Have a fridge full of U2 magnets.

Have an entire kitchen full of pix hidden away on the inside of every cupboard so that when I go in for anything I'm imediately staring at the delish B or the rest of the band.

...hmmmm, I think I should stop now...

...an' y'know, reading back through all this I think that Yeah, I'm obsessed...hee hee

AtomicBono said:

3. When you think you have magical Bono powers because U2 happens to start playing when you walk into restaurants (it's happened two or three times...:D)

this sort of happened on my birthday...every channel i'd swich to played one of their songs (vertigo,sometimes,with or without you...)
i knew that was just for me! :dancing:

I wait for feckin' hours yawning my way through God knows how many shitty videos on the music channels in my desperation to catch a U2 video that I've already got recorded on like 10 millions tapes and dvds.
:lmao:
I do that too!
Ive seen a lot of shite waiting for something I could just put on in the DVD player. But theres something more exciting about hearing them on the radio or seeing them on TV.
Its like Bono sneaking up behind you and licking your ear :drool:
Okay, maybe not that good

Im very lucky I didnt get in trouble for punching a guy for his bono comments. It was at work!
He was intentionally doing it to provoke me.
He shut up:|

You want to get a vanity license plate, but you cant decide which one, both are available:

1. Bev N Ed (my hubby's name)
2. Luvs U2

He is a little upset about that one, and I just don't understand why!

U2Girl1978 said:
1. When you hear a u2 song on the radio and tell everyone to shut their mouths to hear this song. Even though you've heard it so many times. :lmao:

I've done that, not just with songs, but with anything where one of them is talking (my dad was watching those "History of Rock and Roll" DVDs last weekend, and there was a bit where Bono was talking, and I said, "Shhhhh!", 'cause my family was talking).

Also, I do the whole thing about getting all excited over hearing one of their songs/seeing one of their videos, too. I think it's more exciting then because it's not planned, whereas watching a DVD/tape or listening to a CD is obviously planned. And I always look forward to that because I'm always curious to see how deep into the U2 catalog the radio station/music channel goes-do they just play the big hits, or lesser-known stuff, too? And if it's a lesser-known song, I'm a happy, happy girl (not that I don't love hearing the hits, too...).

I'm guilty of a ton of these, LOL :D.

Angela

hello :wave:

1 when ur mates say "did u c ur man on tv (like in sum way ur married to him) and nearly everyone u know txts u to tell u there on tv.

2 when u get up on each of the boys birthdays and sing happy birthday to the pics of them on ur wall n give the poster a birthday kiss.

3 when u cum home from work and tell ur bono pic how hard u2 day was (and u proff read what u wrote and realised instead of putting ur u put u2 as ur head messed up).

4 when ur family and friends have u in there mobiles as bono and nothing else, and when people start to call u bono at work to as u no longer answer to ur birth name.

5 when u cry ur eyes out when ur silly video recorder chews up the unforgettable fire video ur uncle lent u when u started to first like them.

6 when u break 2 fingers smashing ur video recorder up as it yet again chewed a rare u2 video and even thou u hear the fingers break u carry on smashing it bare fisted as it takes 3 friends to pull u off ur that mad.

7 when ur bosses at work know ur obssessed with bono and the band and know 2 get ur attention by saying a u2 reference.

8 when u tell a manger u love him coz u hear him singing mysterious ways and bin gud friends with him ever since.

9 when everything u talk bout is u2 related and u have a song in ur head for everything and every situation like ur mate falling out with her man u tell her to whack on a u2 album even thou she isnt a fan as bono talks a lot of sence.and u often hear ur self singing out loud to urself "how can i hurt when am holding u2 and then going "ohh bono ur so sweet" like a idiot. or singing u2 songs to ur exs.

10 when u have the whole of ur work (that consists of 400 members of staff) counting down all day the hours till i see u2 play 2moz and bin excited for me

11 ur boyfriends giving u an ultimatum (think i spelt it wrong) its ever them or the band n u show the guy where the door is and not even batter a eyelid as its no contest. or when a friend who hated bono spat on one of ur posters u rub his face in it and ban him from u2 room ever since and make him get u another of the pics.
and finally....
12 when ur in a drum lesson and ignore what ur teacher is saying coz in ur head ur saying to urself "if u play this just right bono will sign u up for the next tour just incase" then throw a hissy when u mess up coz u really believe what u said in ur head is true.:| :sad:

take care:p
nikkievox x

when you wake up from a really long nap at 1 AM at night, and the first thing you do is go and watch U2 videos.

I totally relate to about 98% of these! Here's my list:

- When you bore your significant other to tears rambling on and on about the importance of Africa and why we need to be involved in urging our leaders to drop the debt. (You should have seen my poor hubby.)

- When you're shocked to hear your hubby doesn't really know what Blair is asking Bush to do with the Africa situation. (He thought what I'd told him was only a U2 thing!)

- When you've been standing in Boston in the freaking cold, wet rain for hours just to try to get a glimpse of the boys before the show...which doesn't happen...and you get to chat with other U2 fans and realize just how cool they all are. Then afterwards your husband refers to your new friends as "your U2 sisters."

- You think it's cool that you've taken both your mother and your friend's 18 year old daughter to concerts (as well as the friend). Spanning the generations. See, Larry? I listened when you said you wanted younger fans.

- You think it's also cool that The Edge inspired said friend's daughter to play guitar. :cute:

- You go through a U2 depression after you've seen them live for the last time this leg.

Last edited:
1. You hold it against someone for the whole school year after they say that U2 "sucks monkey balls." (True story.)

2. You count disliking U2 as a detriment to someone's personality.

3. You feel alone in the world when your only U2-loving friend gets tired of them and starts listening to Sum 41 and other such mishmash. :(

4. You visit PLEBA. :wink:

5. Your MSN Messenger display pictures are of U2 99.9% of the time.

I could go on some more, but I'd better stop.

It's good to know that there are other people out there who like U2 as much as I do. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom