You know I was wonderin, with the fact Bono wore leather trousers......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
.....did he wear tights under them?

To protect?

:wink:

now now, the reason I ask is.....heat from too many, or tight trousers an cause nice infections in that area.......:(look Im innocent, I really am! :cute:..), so was wonderin, from wearing tight rubber/leather slap-ons, if Bono wore tights underneath to prevent rashy-groin-scratch???????? And also urine infection.......:(:scream: Maddie! - I hear u say.....:D)

anywhere on his legs really too.

anyone know?

Imagine all that giving u hot sweaty legs..........:no:

Hey Bono, why dont u tell us? And if so, if u did, who applied the soothing lotion on ur legs at night?

Larry?

;)

According to Answer Guy...

Well, this is *sort of* related - Answer Guy just mentioned something about it in this week's column (on atu2.com):

Have you heard the supurb bootleg from the 26th December, 1989 in Dublin? If you have, what in the hell is Bono singing about at the end of "One Tree Hill"??? He seems to be singing something about...feeling his balls! What the?!

Dear Drew:

I have not heard this bootleg specifically but I believe I can shed some light on what Bono is singing.

Most people don't know this, but Bono is a certifiable hypochondriac. Need proof? Those huge Frankenstein boots he insists on wearing during live shows? He wears them for their unparalleled ankle support when he runs around the heart during WTSHNN. The jacket he wears with the sleeves that are too long? Bono is afraid to have his wrists exposed, due to what he believes to be carpal tunnel syndrome. And don't get me started on his blue-tinted sunglasses. The guy gets a bit of pink eye and you'd think he was going blind what with all the whining.

During the late '80s live shows, he would often speak into his microphone in between songs to tell the high-priced medical staff, who traveled with the band to every show, what his "ailment of the day" was. Usually Joe turned down his mic at this point in the show, but at the Dublin show, Joe's family was crowding him in the booth and he forgot to lower the level.

Ali tells me that the night of the Dublin show, Bono was stricken with what can only be described as "leather pants crotch rot," which caused his, um, "boys" to inflame and itch. What he was saying to the extremely patient medical team was that he "couldn't feel his balls." It was later discovered that this was due to the sheer length of the tour and the many cleanings that his leather pants had endured. Perhaps the last cleaner to take care of them had used a detergent to which Bono's "stones" were allergic.

There are conspiracy theorists who believe that a special powder was put into Bono's pants without his knowledge by the practical joking Gavin and Guggi to bring the head-swelling Bono back down to earth during his hometown shows.

Speculation, truth, or pure nonsense? You'll have to be the judge :shrug:

Aw Maddie :hug: I never thought about this matter before :hmm:

I would think it would be uncomfortable-I've never worn leather pants, so I dunno :shrug:

Perhaps if you ever run into him, you could ask him :D

And your signature makes me :drool: Maddie! :wink:

LOL! Hey Gina, slap a pair on for us, forget your 'Its Tuesday' panties....;)...and take a 500 mile run and tell us the result when ur back....:D

Bonoloveslave, tanks.....let me just borrow Adam's afro to play the part of the 'judge'......;)

Gina.......LMAO :lmao: everyone is Legolas mad!

No honestly, I just thought, over 60 nights, Bono in rubberleather.........sounded rough to me.......:wave:

mad1 said:
LOL! Hey Gina, slap a pair on for us, forget your 'Its Tuesday' panties....;)...and take a 500 mile run and tell us the result when ur back....:D

:lmao:

*checks* oops, I guess I thought it was Wednesday :sexywink:

*puts on leather pants and dashes off* :D

I want to see :larry: and :edge: in leather pants at least once before I die :D

Buys this for Bono

041167010402.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, there's nothing "hypochondriac" about wanting to support and protect your ankles when you're running around on a catwalk. He actually fell off of the catwalk at their first show in Florida; fortunately, he was not hurt. You want shoes with adequate traction; jazz dancers wear special shoes because jazz dance calls for certain steps on slippery surfaces and these are to keep the dancers safe. I've had more ankle injuries than I care to remember, and they're a huge pain in the :censored: . I wear supportive boots when I have to run around, too. Ever wonder why skaters' boots are so rigid? The skaters need the ankle support, or else your ankle is toast. Ouch! Most likely those boots of Bono's are very practical and not at all "hypochondriac". Once you're nuked your ankle you run the risk of doing it again if you're not careful, and he had hurt his ankle before. If you can prevent these f:censored:g injuries, trust me, it makes sense to do it.

OMG.............

You guys r crazy and VERY bad people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: i cant stop laughing now...............forgive me Bono u know i still love u..............:wink:

listen, it was just a matter of wondering if Bono had itchy doodaas ..........or not...

thats all!

from heavy leather, rubbin on ur legs................I dread to tink!

;)

hey hey, Im kiddin Im kiddin, dont kill me dont kill me......:D

Last edited:
I think it was Billy Idol or somebody, it was so long ago I can't remember, but anyway his leather pants were lined because otherwise the mix of sweat and black leather can do really weird things like turn skin blue. Not fun! So maybe Bono's pants are lined, or they lube him up to get him in and out with minimal injury or discomfort.

And Gina Marie, I will sign whatever petition or join in whatever prayer chain to get dear Edge into a pair of leather trousers (Dude, how hot was that Evil Edge outfit in the Elevation video?).

dsmith2904 said:

I will sign whatever petition or join in whatever prayer chain to get dear Edge into a pair of leather trousers

Sounds like a plan-not the best use of a prayer chain, but why not? :D

*is convulsing in laughter at Maddie mentioning Bono's 'doodaas' *

Maddie rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMM said:

*coughs*
"They", meaning Edge?
*coughs*

Edge is quite the multi-tasker when it comes to U2 shows, playing guitar, piano, singing, handling effects and all that, so maybe he gets involved with Bono's wardrobe as well.
What? There's nothing scandalous going on here at all :angel:

U2Kitten, what story?

dsmith2904 said:

What? There's nothing scandalous going on here at all :angel:

U2Kitten, what story?

Where's Mona, she can tell it better, she even wrote a song about it! :eeklaugh: There was a rumor going around during the tour that he wore a cup to protect his family jewels. I'm not sure if it was just the last tour or every one. I don't know if they meant an athletic supporter cup or an actual cup, but some pics we saw last year seemed to support the evidence :silent: Yes the girls were looking- sorry- if this is too scandalous delete this post :reject: :eek:

Last edited:
Gina Marie said:
*is convulsing in laughter at Maddie mentioning Bono's 'doodaas' *

Maddie rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Dissolves into giggles with Gina over the use of the word "doodaas"*

Bonosloveslave...that's an...um...interesting story...whether or not it's true, who knows...but really, I don't need to find out if that was true or not...none of my beeswax...

Cripes, you girls share this stuff, I read it, and then I can't look at the guys the same way anymore! Sheesh! ;).

Angela

Not reallly relevent, but I had a nasty ankle injury when I was Elevated for the second time in Atlanta last November.......holy smokes, the anniversary is coming up! Did that keep me in my seat (I was in the stands)???? Hell, no..........:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :crazy: :hyper: :combust: :censored:

I insist, I'm going to hell

dsmith2904 said:

How about world peace and an end to hunger first, then Edge in leather pants? ;)

I'm sure The Big Guy can multitask too... So I'll keep praying for world peace AND Edge and Larry in leather. :wink:

J/K! Don't kill me!!! :lol:

Gina Marie said:

I want to see :larry: and :edge: in leather pants at least once before I die :D

Larry in leather..now there's a drool inducing sight!:drool:
.... and on this whole Bono-in-leather-thing, maybe we should ask Jim Morrison..i mean he wore them 24/7!:wink:

Maybe

. . . he wore some sort of thong type underwear with them.

(Hey, works for me!)

Or anything from the underwear section of this site.

I probably shouldn't send you lot there, after seeing what you did with the Christmas pic contest - which I've only just noticed, by the way - fabulous jobs, and I may have to make my Christmas cards by hand this year after all. The site is . . . rife with possibilities.:macdevil:

Back to my papers!

Back
Top Bottom