You can call this year's Grammys "U2: Part 2"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm glad i'm not the only one who is so high on the band. they are everywhere, on TV, magazines and radio. i can't get enough of it!

yay Grammy day!
*bounces*

xoxo,
chelsea

okay girls, here we all are streching for tonight...
1000025939_227200295207AM0.7271234.jpg

Elizabeth, thanks for providing the puffy hands...
biggrin.gif

pg3-img1.jpg

I have the VCR ready to tape. I had a hard time choosing between taping Joan and Melissa or VH1. I thought I better stick with VH1's pre grammy special, because I do not want Joan Rivers on my tape dissing our boys.

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! I'm so excited. I can't tell if I'm high from the medicine or U2, prolly both. Course, I gots ATYCLB in me car, and I was BLASTING it on the way to school, hootin and hollarin...hehe, all the drivers around me must have thought I was crazy. I have my lucky U2 shirt on too
biggrin.gif
Maybe if I take a nap NOW, I can be able to stay up. hehe. Naps are a good thing, U2 is a good thing, U2 WINNING is a good thing. Oh, of course, my sprinting acrossed the house during commercials may also aid in me staying awake. YAY FOR U2. I would join in on the baileys (one of my FAVORITE beverages) but I got medicine, so I'm toasting with my ginger ale.

*Dana heads over to the cookies, she loves cookies*

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Watch the mtv preshow.

OMD, i'm so excited! I have on my U2 outfit, I listened to ATYCLB this morning. I even painted my nails blue, because blue is the traditional color associated with the U2 gender.
wink.gif

Yes I need a life. But so do all of you!

Grammy party! Whoo-hoo! EL-E-VA-TION!!!

------------------
Celebrate the Grammys!

Love,
Emily

Walk On. Stay safe tonight.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by chels82:
i'm glad i'm not the only one who is so high on the band. they are everywhere, on TV, magazines and radio. i can't get enough of it!

yay Grammy day!
*bounces*

xoxo,
chelsea

I know, I was in Walmart looking for the elusive Time, and I found in the candy aisle: HOT TAMALES; in the health and beauty aisle: EDGE shaving cream; in the soda aisle: LEMON twist Pespi; However, I couldn't find Time (had to go to Kmart for that).

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Bonobono is a gentle boy

Not meaning to get off topic, but Madonna's Child, I love your wallpapers!!!!!!!

I miss Doug and Carol, I haven't watched it since he left
frown.gif

Okay, now back to GRAMMY FEVER.....

------------------
Daisy

Bonobono is a gentle boy

YAY!!!! I'm glad people keep showing up! This party needs to keep going ALL day and ALL night long!
biggrin.gif

Okay, so instead of getting some work done I decided to surf around Grammy.com...and here is something I came up with
smile.gif

Something from yesterday....

"Walk On" GRAMMY Role
?..Performers in the digital age have come to rely increasingly on advanced technology to make their shows happen. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it's nice to know that a little four-piece guitar band can still command some GRAMMY attention. Of course, when that little guitar band happens to be U2, attention is not so hard to come by.
?..The band made an outstanding showing at last year's awards, racking up wins for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal. They could take home even more statues this year, as work off their All That You Can't Leave Behind album have scored them an impressive eight more GRAMMY nominations.
?..At a rehearsal Tuesday night for the band's scheduled broadcast performance of "Walk On," the band was in fine form, with Bono adding some extra rhythm guitar muscle to the sound as he delivered his lead vocals. He received some heavenly vocal support from a choir lead by gospel talent Kirk Franklin. It was the Edge who worked with Franklin to make last-minute decisions on how to integrate the sounds of the choir and band, and once that work was done, and the collected musicians applied their talents to the soaring tune, the results were powerful, uplifting rock and roll. (CC, 2/26/02)

Accompanied by this pic
smile.gif

bono.jpg

I'm so excited!!!! Woohoo!

You know what? I'm going to make a sign to put up in the hallway that says something like "U2 Fan! They're gonna sweep it tonight!" So that way everyone will know that I'm a fan
biggrin.gif

I'm all about U2 today!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:

[b?..At a rehearsal Tuesday night for the band's scheduled broadcast performance of "Walk On," the band was in fine form, with Bono adding some extra rhythm guitar muscle to the sound as he delivered his lead vocals. He received some heavenly vocal support from a choir lead by gospel talent Kirk Franklin. It was the Edge who worked with Franklin to make last-minute decisions on how to integrate the sounds of the choir and band, and once that work was done, and the collected musicians applied their talents to the soaring tune, the results were powerful, uplifting rock and roll. (CC, 2/26/02)

[/B]

WOW!!!! This is going to be so awesome and moving, I think I may shed some tears. I have major U2 fuzzies...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Today is all about U2 fuzzies!
biggrin.gif

I dub today "U2 Fuzzies Day!"

At least in here
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Here's a pic I haven't seen from last year's Grammys...

bono1.jpg

*droool*
wink.gif

And another one...
2.20.01.jpg

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 02-27-2002).]

OMD!!!! I was looking around U2.com and this is what I found...even more U2 than you thought possible!

5:30pm - 6:30pm VH1 Grammy All Stars Live
6:00pm-8:00pm E! Grammy Pre-Show Red Carpet Live
6:30pm-8:00pm VH1 Grammy Pre-Show Red Carpet
7:30pm-8:00pm CBS Grammy Pre-Show

8:00pm-11:30pm CBS Grammy Awards

11:30mp-12:30am VH1 Grammy Post-Show
12:30am-2:00am VH1 U2 Elevation Live in Boston

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

OMD!!!! I was looking around U2.com and this is what I found...even more U2 than you thought possible!

12:30am-2:00am VH1 U2 Elevation Live in Boston

MAH! How am I going to keep track of all this?? Why do all of these preshows have to be on at the same time??!?

Still, very cool. And I'm really glad VH1 is showing Elevation Live from Boston again. I didn't see it the first 5 or 6 times it was on TV. Nor do I happen to own it or anything.
wink.gif
Ah, I'm just still bitter about MTV2 showing a butchering of Boston instead of MSG. But anyway, mere hours away from Grammys! Wooooo!

Maybe Bono will be wearing the corduroy jacket mrsmullen saw last night!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

*takes mental note to change timer on VCR*
The prob. with E!'s coverage and with VH1 is that they overlap, so I cannot tape both.
mad.gif
I opted to tape VH1's coverage, because I honestly think it would be better and so I do not have to listen Joan Rivers talk behind the backs of U2 as they walk off. I was wondering about the post Grammy show. I am glad i have plenty of blank video tapes. Damn, my VCR may exploded from all of the taping.

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 02-27-2002).]

In Honor of U2 Fuzzies Day or UFD Here's a story....

We want our Grammys, give them now. Stand aside Alicia Keys, India.Arie, or encur the wrath of Evil Elevation Video U2

elevation.bmp

What we have to wait till 8 pm......Oh the suspense. Fine, then we will sit on this floor until you give us our grammys

sleepy.bmp

Grammy people: okay don't tell anyone, but you are going to win, even in categories you weren't nominated in.

Edge: Wow, cool, but how come all the awards, we would've been happy with 7.

Grammy people: Well have you heard of PLEBA?

Larry: *grumble* what did they did this time?

Grammy people: Well they have the best online grammy party in the world, so it's really to honor that.

Adam: Cool, Thanks PLEBA *kisses*

smileyheart.bmp

Bono: I'm so happy I could cry. PLEBA rules!!!!!

lookup.bmp

------------------
Daisy

Bonobono is a gentle boy

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 02-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 02-27-2002).]

The Slut has arrived!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

*Puts on a lampshade*
* Goes about causing the usual chaos*
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

OMD!!!!

Daisy you completely made my day!

This party which made the boys win more! What a compliment! YAY!!!!!!

Thank you
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

I just went and had a celebratory lunch for the boys
biggrin.gif
I'm gettin more and more excited as the event draws closer. Oh the HUMANITY of making us wait like this! "Walk On" just came on. hehe! I watched some thing on MTV, and saw Bono and Edge and I ran through my house like a manic. My one puppy is very excited too, she is jumpin all around with me, I always knew she was a U2 fan
wink.gif

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Yay! I'm so excited for the Grammy awards U2 fuzzies. This marks the 1 year anniversary of me really getting into U2! Unfortunately, I'm I'm on a computer with a really slow connection so I'm not going to be able to join the PLEBA party during the show, but I'll definitely check in afterwards.
smile.gif
Go U2!

Ah, welcome Miss MacPhisto
biggrin.gif
and Giant Lemon
smile.gif

Laura, I still don't understand...but ah well...maybe it's just a general OHMYDAD that today is finally here????

Anyway, more goodies...

home_270202_gremmie.gif

Did you gals know that you can watch the Grammys online at www.grammy.com ?

From last year...
grammy_pre_03.jpg

grammy_pre_06.jpg

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 02-27-2002).]

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Yay! I'm so excited for the Grammy awards U2 fuzzies. This marks the 1 year anniversary of me really getting into U2! Unfortunately, I'm I'm on a computer with a really slow connection so I'm not going to be able to join the PLEBA party during the show, but I'll definitely check in afterwards.
smile.gif
Go U2!

I can't believe it's been a year... I became a fan shortly before last year's awards. Jeese.
biggrin.gif

The Grammys are delayed on the west coast.... So I'm coming here for the news I guess. *looks to the bright side* I'll know what to tape.

I'm supposed to be working on an essay for school right now, but I can't! It's on responsibility.
smile.gif

YAY
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Laura, I still don't understand...but ah well...maybe it's just a general OHMYDAD that today is finally here????

Yeah.
biggrin.gif

Did you gals know that you can watch the Grammys online at www.grammy.com ?

No! I have a 28k connection... But I'll check it out.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
The Grammys are delayed on the west coast.... So I'm coming here for the news I guess. *looks to the bright side* I'll know what to tape.

I'm supposed to be working on an essay for school right now, but I can't! It's on responsibility.
smile.gif

YAY
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL...responsibility...what's that? If it makes you feel any better...I've got lots of work I should be doing, but I'm not...I'm surfing the internet waiting for something to happen
biggrin.gif

frown.gif
That's too bad that they are delayed...how messed up is it that the Grammys are taking place in LA...yet we get them live on the East Coast and there is a tape delay on the West Coast? Silly people...

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Back
Top Bottom