You are all freaks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are all so cute when you get all worked up :cute: :love: :laugh:

Don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me? :flirt:

I don't say anything here I wouldn't say to my friends if we were talking face to face, and I would stand by my posts and freely admit they were something I wrote. I have a sense of humor which is sometimes a little dark, often sort of risque' and not at all IMO offensive. But what I find offensive will be different from what someone else does. You will never find two people who are exactly alike, and when you throw such a diverse group together it's going to be a much wider span between offensive and fun.

There are plenty of things I skip over on the Pleba forum. I think after awhile most of us outgrow the simple drooling phase in which every picture makes us trip over our tongues. Let the newbies and those having days where they are particularly attracted to a band member have their fun with it. Scan over it if it bores you. Don't participate if it offends you.

Accept that if you believe you're above all of it, then this just isn't the place for you. There are so many other places out there where you can talk about the band without dealing with a bunch of playful plebans bothering you, why subject yourself to the ravings of us freaks?

The range of what is discussed about the band in here is much broader than many seem to think. Yes, it tends to center around their physical appeal. It's a picture forum, really, and the visual appreciation is center. But we are capable of discussing spirituality without judging or condeming. We are capable of expressing our opinions of the different lyrics, different compositions that they have created. It may not happen every where, every day, but generally when we discuss these things, we maintain an open mindedness which you don't find many places in either the real world or any virtual realm.

I came here because I liked the pictures of four attractive men, I stayed on because I liked the people I met. It's as simple as that.

I'm actually surprised this thread wasn't closed. I think it's terribly rude and uncalled for.

However, since we have such a discussion going, I'd like to add my two cents.

I fondly remember "old school PLEBA", "the good old days"...whatever you want to call it. PLEBA was my favorite forum. I even had PLEBA logos printed out and taped around my computer monitor. I'm not sure when things changed, but they did...gradually, I suppose. But some things are still the same. I think that the gals who frequent PLEBA are very nice to each other and also very helpful with fulfilling pic requests, etc. They love the band and enjoy posting pictures and commenting on said pictures.

For anybody who thinks that PLEBA has gone down the tubes and people are too raunchy or whatever...for example...as was posted earlier:

It's the "OMG, HE'S SO HAWT. I WANT TO DO HIM!@!#!#" that get's a little tiresome to me.

First off, comments pertaining to wanting to "do" a band member should not be said. If someone sees such a posting, it should be reported. Remember that we try to maintain a level of decency and respect for the band.

Secondly...you're probably familiar with that last line I just gave ya, as it goes along the lines of the PLEBA rules in the FAQ (which also apply to other forums). Do you know why such rules exist? Because of things that first started happening back in the day. So if you think PLEBAns are just so raunchy and out of control...it's nothing new! I remember when slash fan fics were allowed. Not anymore! Not that I'm complaining personally about that, but anyway....we do crackdown on that behavior a lot more than before. PLEBA is a lot more heavily monitored now.

In summary:

1. PLEBA has changed...and it will continue to change.

2. If you don't like how it has changed, visit other forums and leave the PLEBAns be so that they can have their fun.

Miroslava said:

my basic rule of thumb is: could I look Bono/Ali, Adam, etc. in the eye if he/she ever read this and knew it was me that did it. If the answer is no, then it doesn't get said (on the board anyway). :)

Good rule of thumb. You should consider adding that to the FAQ/rules.

A lot of my closest friends as well as my fiance post here daily. There's a lot of things I could post, but deep down I know that's not how I really feel nor is it appropriate. As someone who's degree and career depends on the Internet and digital forms of communication, I try my best to be the same person on Interference that I am in real life around my family, friends, and U2 fans alike.

could I look Bono/Ali, Adam, etc. in the eye if he/she ever read this and knew it was me that did it. If the answer is no, then it doesn't get said (on the board anyway).

Exactly! :up:

Do I have fantasies about Bono, et. al? Of course!
Would I ever want them to know bout them? NEVER!

There is so much more to these four men than just their chest/eyes/hair/insert favorite body part here- that seems to be underappreciated. I realize that in a forum that's primarily pictures, it's sometimes hard to capture that, but the guys deserve it.

Souly - :hug: :hug:

Russty Cat said:
Personally I think rather then calling everyone in Pleba freaks you should just keep your disdain to yourself and not read things that bother you. No one is forcing you to be here or come into the drawer

Even you said this is just a virtual community, its not life and death. If you don't like it anymore, find some other place to play. :)

As for freaks, most of you "freaks" happen to be my friends. Do I care if some of you are freakier then others? Nope! Do you make me happy? Yep. All people are different and we view things different, its what makes the world go round. Do I think the members of U2 hung the moon....probably not. Do I think they are great musicians who are easy on the eyes sometimes. Yep. Its all good fun. And you guys bring fun and laughter to my day so dammit if that involves a bit of freak I say...

GET YOUR FREAK ON! :dance:

Well said Rusty Cat. I a certified FREAK...indeed:wink:

I don't think the main point of this thread was about the "good ol days" of pleba being long gone. the pleba of now isn't so different. there were, like bonochick said, posts that were raunchy and out of control back then, there still are. and some of it is too much. it's about excess. the tmi/risque posts and the picture threads turning into chatter about how hot a certain pic is accentuated with a gazillion smilies .

Babydoll said:
…there has been appreciation for him, yes but no one has been outwardly risque. i think people do obey the rules here. they haven't been broken. the rules say 'do not post graphic sexual messages' and they have been followed.

and the tmi/risque posts are out there, or it wouldn't have been brought up in the first place.
The rule is, straight from the FAQ:
Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

and to go on with what Miroslava said:
..could I look Bono/Ali, Adam, etc. in the eye if he/she ever read this and knew it was me that did it. If the answer is no, then it doesn't get said (on the board anyway).

really. we all know each and every one of us loves U2. or else we wouldn't be here. yes, many of us think Bono is hot. but we don't need it to be declared in each and every thread :)

well, there's my take on it. didn't mean any disrespect to anyone! :hug:

To add something a little more substantial, I'm not so sure that I agree with the whole "if you don't like it, don't read it" lecture. Sometimes it's too ridiculous to ignore. Ask yourselves this - is it right that there are kids here who are barely even into their teens going on and on about their desire to fuck a group of men who are old enough to be their fathers? Really. It's a little revolting, if you ask me. Some of them are perfectly harmless (typical little "band member crushes" that are normal for any kids just starting to go through that tween period.) But then there are others that go way off the TMI scale. I am not joking - I once read a post made by a 13/14 year-old PLEBAn who claimed that a pic of one of the band members was making her "wet down there." And the worst is, some of the adults provoke and agree with some of those comments!

Utterly disgusting.

Honestly if anyone cares, and I don't expect anyone to

the reasons I rarely post here anymore are

One or two people dominate the picture posting- if I find any pics they're always already here so I don't bother. If I find any others, honestly no one seems to notice. I can "peek" at the pics or just find my own :shrug:

The chat (in picture threads and other threads) amongst friends, U2 related or not, that has nothing to do with me makes me feel excluded and out of place. I see plenty of other chat in picture threads other than what has been complained about here.

I'm just not as into U2 as some people might be, that's just a comment on me not anyone else :)

I like FYM and spend most of my time there-I enjoy the topics and most of the people, and I feel welcomed there.

So there are other possible reasons that people rarely post here

And honestly I'm not surprised this thread wasn't closed :shrug:

[ Most of the people doing the constant talking do not even contribute to the pictures. I'm not suggesting the threads go to pictures only and nothing else. Comment all you want about a picture but the chatting that goes on is out of hand. There are threads here for chatting. . [/B][/QUOTE]

have you ever considered that some of us DON"T have internet connection at home because we are TOO POOR to have it? Some of us don't have scanners or web cams or anything!

I'd love to have all that to be able to show photos and artwork....... scanning in things commercially also costs too much money.

AND some of us USING PUBLIC Computer places the software on them isn't always up t grade and doesn't support chatting either......OK!?!

you don't like some of the thread within Pleba......then start your OWN sub-threads that you can feel comfortable in.

Leave the rest of us alone to our own fun.....no one is forcing you to look.

BTW we DO discuss very serious topics from time to time, when things come up.

And I can discuss U2's music (as well as many other great R&R bands and other types of music ) with people there as well as elsewhere on the forums, which when i have time i go to as well.

We have caring, intellegent, creative & fun-loving people in there.....

signed,

one caring, pretty smart, artistic, sometimes funny :D PLEABA :heart: loving gal/u2fan

GibsonGirl said:
To add something a little more substantial, I'm not so sure that I agree with the whole "if you don't like it, don't read it" lecture. Sometimes it's too ridiculous to ignore. Ask yourselves this - is it right that there are kids here who are barely even into their teens going on and on about their desire to fuck a group of men who are old enough to be their fathers? Really. It's a little revolting, if you ask me. Some of them are perfectly harmless (typical little "band member crushes" that are normal for any kids just starting to go through that tween period.) But then there are others that go way off the TMI scale. I am not joking - I once read a post made by a 13/14 year-old PLEBAn who claimed that a pic of one of the band members was making her "wet down there." And the worst is, some of the adults provoke it!

Utterly disgusting.

and that's why it should be reported

I really don't think reporting makes a difference. Some of these people are completely out of control with their over-exuberant band member lusting, even after being warned.

dazzledbylight said:
Most of the people doing the constant talking do not even contribute to the pictures. I'm not suggesting the threads go to pictures only and nothing else. Comment all you want about a picture but the chatting that goes on is out of hand. There are threads here for chatting. .

have you ever considered that some of us DON"T have internet connection at home because we are TOO POOR to have it? Some of us don't have scanners or web cams or anything!

I'd love to have all that to be able to show photos and artwork....... scanning in things commercially also costs too much money.

AND some of us USING PUBLIC Computer places the software on them isn't always up t grade and doesn't support chatting either......OK!?!

you don't like some of the thread within Pleba......then start your OWN sub-threads that you can feel comfortable in.

exactly. so why not start a sub thread to chat in instead of a photo thread?

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

And honestly I'm not surprised this thread wasn't closed :shrug:

Anothe super fun thing about being a moderator... usually damned if we do and damned if we don't.

I think that there is some intelligent discussion going on here and it has been worthwhile. I kept an eye on the thread to the best of my ability after I moved it this morning to make sure it did not get out of hand and it has not.

Well, Miro, even I said I was surprised it wasn't closed. :lol: I guess if I had seen it right away, I would have killed it, but since discussion has evolved, I think it's fine being open.

I wasn't criticizing you Miroslava, merely commenting because of what Bonochick said..

"I'm actually surprised this thread wasn't closed. I think it's terribly rude and uncalled for."

:shrug:

Whether or not it creates intelligent discussion, the way it was started came across as rude to me and that's how I interpret what Bonochick said.

It's all really not that important to me, but it is important to me when I feel insulted.

MrsSpringsteen said:

the reasons I rarely post here anymore are

One or two people dominate the picture posting- if I find any pics they're always already here so I don't bother. If I find any others, honestly no one seems to notice. I can "peek" at the pics or just find my own :shrug:

I notice. I don't mean to dominate. I thought people liked the pics :(

I guess the "not surprised" is what threw me. :) But thanks for clarifying.

I've made it clear that I am not in agreement with the tone in which this subject was brought up, but I still believe there are some valid points from both sides.

Last edited:
Personally I appreciate all of the pics that others on PLEBA post. Will admit that I have none of my own to add otherwise I would. But on the other hand I have to agree that some comments are just wayyyy too out there. On the whole though I have met a lot of really nice people here in PLEBA. It's unfortunate that there has to be drama on ANY part of Interference. Personally I avoid some areas because I get tired of the finger pointing and rudeness.

GibsonGirl said:
To add something a little more substantial, I'm not so sure that I agree with the whole "if you don't like it, don't read it" lecture. Sometimes it's too ridiculous to ignore. Ask yourselves this - is it right that there are kids here who are barely even into their teens going on and on about their desire to fuck a group of men who are old enough to be their fathers? Really. It's a little revolting, if you ask me. Some of them are perfectly harmless (typical little "band member crushes" that are normal for any kids just starting to go through that tween period.) But then there are others that go way off the TMI scale. I am not joking - I once read a post made by a 13/14 year-old PLEBAn who claimed that a pic of one of the band members was making her "wet down there." And the worst is, some of the adults provoke and agree with some of those comments!

Not to mention there's a thread here already by a younger member whose mom banned her from PLEBA after reading some of the posts. I was surprised that a few people said "that's too bad, sorry to see you go." and that was it. I tend to avoid the more risque/I-love-this-body-part threads, but I was still ashamed to know that PLEBA is clearly getting over the top and no one seems to mind. And by "no one" I mean the posters, not the mods. The mods shouldn't have to be moderating threads because of risque content. We're all adults or close enough to adulthood to know what is acceptable and what's over the top.

Before anyone jumps on me, I wasn't criticizing anyone..merely saying that's one reason I feel out of place posting here or in the picture threads. I enjoy the pics when I feel like looking at them/have time to look :)

dazzledbylight said:
[ Most of the people doing the constant talking do not even contribute to the pictures. I'm not suggesting the threads go to pictures only and nothing else. Comment all you want about a picture but the chatting that goes on is out of hand. There are threads here for chatting. .

Leave the rest of us alone to our own fun.....no one is forcing you to look.

BTW we DO discuss very serious topics from time to time, when things come up.

And I can discuss U2's music (as well as many other great R&R bands and other types of music ) with people there as well as elsewhere on the forums, which when i have time i go to as well.

We have caring, intellegent, creative & fun-loving people in there.....

signed,

one caring, pretty smart, artistic, sometimes funny :D PLEABA :heart: loving gal/u2fan [/B]

:crack: :crazy: I really don't feel bad for anyone that pulls the "I'm poor" card out because I work TWO jobs to support myself. Not having internet access must not be a real priority in your life if you don't have it at home. I hate working two jobs. I would love nothing more than to come home after working my 40 hours at my full time job and not have to work again. But I can't do that because there are things for me that are important to have in my life. All of the money from my 2nd job goes towards internet, cell phone, cable, traveling to see U2. All things I don't need but want in my life so I work to have them. If you're on a public computer then of all places NOT to be discussing some of the things people talk about around here!

You are missing the point! Comment away on the pictures. But tone down some of the comments! They are disgusting. No I am not saying that YOU personally are doing the commenting! That is a general statement to no one particular person/group of people. It's the constant chatting back and forth that sometimes turns into something other than the point of the thread!

I don't think that I am the one that needs my own sub-forum! It's everyone that's constantly :blahblah: about Bono's haircut of the week that needs a sub-forum.

BTW...I've been in pleba for a long time so please don't act like I just walked into this thread and started a fight with anyone. I know what it used to be like and I understand and realize things change. But I'm not a stranger to this place. Don't tell me to leave anyone alone to have their fun!!!! Who said that I don't want to look at the pictures? Why else would I be in pleba or why else would I have found this thread?

Please know your facts before you post!

For the people complaining about the 'levels of decency' and rule breaking, if you see rule breaking, report the post. That way we can keep tabs on the people that are over the line and warn/suspend them accordingly. We cannot read every single thread on a daily basis. If a member is warned repeatedly for the same issues, they may be temporarily or permanently suspended, depending on the situation.

to start with a :madspit: icon and say 'you all are freaks!!" was guaranteed to start trouble.

:(

and now, our nice fun forum is split in 2, with people taking sides and arguing with each other over and over.
if there was a point to be made/suggested, that was not the way to start the thread. the tone was guaranteed to start a fight. :|

Babydoll said:
to start with a :madspit: icon and say 'you all are freaks!!" was guaranteed to start trouble.

:(

and now, our nice fun forum is split in 2, with people taking sides and arguing with each other over and over.
if there was a point to be made/suggested, that was not the way to start the thread. the tone was guaranteed to start a fight. :|

Have to agree with you on that one Babydoll. Personally to me the topic could have been started in a better manner.

love_u2_adam said:
ok if you dont like pleba stay out and if you like pleba come on it!!

I'm sorry for coming out of lurking but i have to say somthing!!!!!!

Don't hold back, say something if you want to :) But that's part of the main point: some things are best left unsaid. TMI posts, for example.. people can show how much they like their favorite band member, but there are better, more...decent ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom