You are all freaks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
youvedonewhat said:
Shite!! Why is there always someone to rain on our parade?? Shite...:sad: :sad: If ppl don't like it in here then why come in?

Go cuddle up on Bono's chest, he'll make everything better. :hug:

arw9797 said:
They should know that threads like "I have a question..." or "what do you think about this..." are a pain.

Pleba has definitely gone from posting pictures of the band to 3/4 chat threads. You have to go through countless posts of the same comments by the same people about how hot so and so band member is. Most of the people doing the constant talking do not even contribute to the pictures. I'm not suggesting the threads go to pictures only and nothing else. Comment all you want about a picture but the chatting that goes on is out of hand. There are threads here for chatting. Picture threads are not the right place to do that. We know you think Bono is hot. Why do you have to keep going on and on in each thread?

sometimes a person just has a thought they want to express right then and I don't know how to be brief!:blahblah:

I'm also too lazy to take the time to acquire my own photos, learn how to post them, etc... so sue me. :shrug:

I also cannot devote a lot of time to hanging out here and learning all there is about posting/how to do this or that, so it's quicker to just ask (even if the questions been asked a million times).

yes this is looong and sounds defensive, but I sort of felt it was directed at me (or people like me) so I was compelled to reply!

Sicy said:
I think what some people dont seem to understand is that change is always going to happen. Online, in real life, its inevitable. Things will NEVER stay the same forever. You are always going to have new people coming in, forming their own friendships, and their own opinions, etc.

So you have to decide, either you still want to be a part of it, or you dont. It should be pretty simple.

Hear hear!

I would like to second what Sicy said. Some of the older members may not like the way Pleaba has changed. I for one do not mind if a new lady/ guy ask for the same pic, gif, etc. All a mod or a member has to do is direct the person to the apporpriate thread. No big deal really. So please do not feel like you are doing anything wrong (4EVERU2 or any ohter newbie) I do not consider myself new anymore, been here almost a year. I kinda have a feel of the way things operate. Change is sometimes not a bad thing. It just takes a fair and open person to deal with such.

uhmm...short question:

Why don't you guys open threads with topics about the music or whatever you're interested in U2 , without picture spam and so on, and talk? Go and do something if you don't like the picture threads, where's the problem?
:|

4EVRU2 said:

sometimes a person just has a thought they want to express right then and I don't know how to be brief!:blahblah:

I'm also too lazy to take the time to acquire my own photos, learn how to post them, etc... so sue me. :shrug:

I also cannot devote a lot of time to hanging out here and learning all there is about posting/how to do this or that, so it's quicker to just ask (even if the questions been asked a million times).

yes this is looong and sounds defensive, but I sort of felt it was directed at me (or people like me) so I was compelled to reply!

I do not know you so how could this be directed at you? I did not write in a defensive manner in anyway. But if you feel like you need to be defensive that's your thing. I was simply stating how I felt about Pleba.

My main issue is the chatting in all of the threads. I said this place has change. I did not say it needs to change back or that new people are not accepted, etc. We are all new at some point! I only stated what some of the issues are lately.

Alright, so as we have mentioned, certain topics are best suited for discussion amongst friends. If you only knew about 1/10th of the stuff that I have said to my online friends via private messages, you'd probably be surprised... or maybe not But just because I think these things, it doesn't mean I need the whole world to see them. More importantly, I am pretty sure the whole world does NOT want to know those things about me.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155355

:applaud: for sicy! you are right - things do change. if you dislike it, dont be a part of it - that is entirely your own choice. i have been here for nearly 2 years now (2004) and love every part of the forum. sure, its changed but is change always a bad thing? we should be happy that our favorite band has so many people that love it! :)

Last edited:
phistolemon said:
uhmm...short question:

Why don't you guys open threads with topics about the music or whatever you're interested in U2 , without picture spam and so on, and talk? Go and do something if you don't like the picture threads, where's the problem?
:|

It isn't picture spam? I loooooooooooove picture spam. The more pics the better.

It's the "OMG, HE'S SO HAWT. I WANT TO DO HIM!@!#!#" that get's a little tiresome to me.

But like Sicy said, I can always go someplace else with pictures. Pleba is not the only place I can post U2 pictures.

Last edited:
ok I think I"m one of the so called newbies here.. and I do feel attacked by certain messages because I know they mean me with it... just say it in my face next time, that feels a lot less shite y'know!
I came here because this place was full of nice people and loads of nice pictures.. and I watched the forums for a week or so before posting... I"m sorry if I did things I shouldn't have but I can't change much about the past now..
I came here because I felt the people were all nice and friendly to each other, that's the thing I love about U2 fans, they're all so loving, kind and generous.. when I first got into U2, I didn't know about any of that.. and I went to an other site and met other fans... and one of them, a guy from my country, he just sent me a lot of stuff of U2, because he felt I should have that, and beacuse U2 was about sharing... I was gobsmacked, I didn't know about that(yes start the dutch-miserly jokes) .. and I found out that a lot of fans do this, share the music, the pictures, and the love..
isn't that what it's all about in life? Share the love?
I thought this was a place to share love for U2 with others, and maybe, I was wrong..
sorry if I am just a newb interfering with your forums..... I won't bother you anymore anywayz..

kellyahern said:

It isn't picture spam? I loooooooooooove picture spam. The more pics the better.

It's the "OMG, HE'S SO HAWT. I WANT TO DO HIM!@!#!#" that get's a little tiresome to me.

But like Sicy said, I can always go someplace else with pictures.

I think people are just exercising their freedom of expression and if it bothers some people then I think that's tough for them as I'm sure there's something irritating about that person as well :|

Some of you are missing the point on certain things. This is a valid discussion.

While there may be a certain degree of I-miss-the-old-days-when-everything-used-to-be-better-and-damn-those-screaming-kids shake fisting by some members, the fact of the matter is that no one wants to be happily looking at pictures only to stumble upon one fantasy after another of what someone wants to do to Adam/Bono/Larry/Edge or Paul McGuinness.

With certain threads, it is easy to tell when one is not interested on the topic at hand and one can simply ignore the thread. The larger issue here is the continued posting of the same I want to do this and that EVERYWHERE in regard to ANYTHING.

can i just add something more?

a lot of the complaints seem to be for the 'omgiwannashagbono' stuff. however, i have scrolled back 8 pages, every thread and haven't yet seen THAT written anywhere. no one has said that want to screw/shag him or anything. there has been appreciation for him, yes but no one has been outwardly risque.

i think people do obey the rules here. they haven't been broken. the rules say 'do not post graphic sexual messages' and they have been followed.

@babydoll: I thought exactly the same, I never read this shag/whatever thing.

and galeongirl, I'm probably as new as you and I feel kind of the same way. I came here, saw the pics and the others talking about them and just joined *shrugs* I felt welcome as well, it's nice here, still...

The "examples" provided were of course ficticious and of course exaggerated (but not much). I would prefer that it remained that way. We do not need any more finger pointing or singling out of members.

And just to add a bit more as to what the basic issue at hand is, I'll quote this specific part of the FAQ

There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

As well as the decency and respect for others at least at a basic human level.

For those that know me, I am far, far, far from being an angel, puritanical or any sort of wet noodle, but again, my basic rule of thumb is: could I look Bono/Ali, Adam, etc. in the eye if he/she ever read this and knew it was me that did it. If the answer is no, then it doesn't get said (on the board anyway). :)

Last edited:
Souly said:
Bono has a beautiful chest, yo.

Edit: the correct word is belly. Sorry.

sorry to say, but you are simply provoking people here... what do you want to reach with that? us fighting each other?
I've always been told that finger sticking to each other is very childish to do... oh well, my bad then if it's not...

Miroslava said:

For those that know me, I am far, far, far from being an angel, puritanical or any sort of wet noodle, but again, my basic rule of thumb is: could I look Bono/Ali, Adam, etc. in the eye if he/she ever read this and knew it was me that did it. If the answer is no, then it doesn't get said (on the board anyway). :)

well, that's actually a good rule for yourself, may I steal this one? :wink: I never really thought that much about what I was talking, though I don't think I've said heavy stuff in public...:reject:
anyway, I'll try to think of your basic rule

Galeongirl said:

sorry to say, but you are simply provoking people here... what do you want to reach with that? us fighting each other?
I've always been told that finger sticking to each other is very childish to do... oh well, my bad then if it's not...

She asked. I gave her an example.

Speaking as a relatively new member, I don't know what the 'good-ol' days' were like, but I don't think it gets THAT bad here. Having said that, I agree some of the comments go a bit far at times and it gets repetitive, however I think the responses can be backwards also. I'm not sure the gentle reminders work that well as they often seem to get lost in the fray. I think a more clear reminder via PM or email would be useful and I'm sure the mods can take care of that. Otherwise, people ought to keep their comments to themselves, because I think often those 'gentle reminders' can be more along the lines of big hints with a snide remark thrown in for good measure. Just yesterday I saw a member get raked over the coals for an innocent enough comment which really hurt no one. This wasn't one of the dreaded 'TMI' comments either, so the subsequent piling-on of the member was uneccesary and unfortunate. I like this place because it is - overall - very friendly. Let's keep it that way :hug:

Personally I think rather then calling everyone in Pleba freaks you should just keep your disdain to yourself and not read things that bother you. No one is forcing you to be here or come into the drawer

Even you said this is just a virtual community, its not life and death. If you don't like it anymore, find some other place to play. :)

As for freaks, most of you "freaks" happen to be my friends. Do I care if some of you are freakier then others? Nope! Do you make me happy? Yep. All people are different and we view things different, its what makes the world go round. Do I think the members of U2 hung the moon....probably not. Do I think they are great musicians who are easy on the eyes sometimes. Yep. Its all good fun. And you guys bring fun and laughter to my day so dammit if that involves a bit of freak I say...

GET YOUR FREAK ON! :dance:

Miroslava said:
The larger issue here is the continued posting of the same I want to do this and that EVERYWHERE in regard to ANYTHING.

Right on the money, or Bono's *hoohaha*, if you prefer. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

As for freaks, most of you "freaks" happen to be my friends. Do I care if some of you are freakier then others? Nope! Do you make me happy? Yep. All people are different and we view things different, its what makes the world go round. Do I think the members of U2 hung the moon....probably not. Do I think they are great musicians who are easy on the eyes sometimes. Yep. Its all good fun. And you guys bring fun and laughter to my day so dammit if that involves a bit of freak I say...

GET YOUR FREAK ON! :dance:

Well said! :up: Consider my freak officially on! :wink: :dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom