Yet Another Reason to Love Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
The Sweetest Thing video!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the most adorable thing in the world. Can you believe I JUST saw it for the first time (I feel loved)

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n' rolla
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing
all your little songs
that meant every thing to me"~Remy Zero~

Glad you could come finally to the meeting, Mona.
wink.gif

I agree, it's a VERY cute, albeit cheesy video...(the first time I'd ever seen Ali "live") but I can't stand the song itself, sad to say (OMG, a U2 song I don't like, what, am I NUTS???) The weird part is, it's one of those songs that I CANNOT get out of my head once it's in there! That one, Babyface and...um, your namesake, Wild Honey, sorry...
tongue.gif
;( i know, i know, go ahead and slap me...

YOU don't like Babyface?! I loooooooove Babyface

personally, Wild Honey is one of my least fav songs on ATYCLB (lol i blaspheme myself) and the only good part is the "What iiiiissss soouulll" thing. ANYWAY....

ST is cheesy, but it's cute! Bono hugs himself.
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n' rolla

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing
all your little songs
that meant every thing to me"~Remy Zero~

Ooooh... now I have ammunition to use on Disco in Vegas... I'll be sure to definitely HUM "Sweetest Thing" to her while she's catnapping... heh. Or, I could just BLAST it from my truck stereo, thereby causing her brain to malfunction and only recognize that song for the rest of the day. double heh.

MoonDAWGIE

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting
(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

I LOVWE BONO!!! (she said drunkelny) *hic*

Moaner, you did bring up a good point. About all the myriad reasons to love our Boner.
smile.gif

I hope I don't "go off" here, but truly, I have NEVER ever known of (in my lifetime) another band with a frontman who was ever more suited to being...well, the frontman for U2. I know we've had many threads on this, but Bono is SUCH an amazing, wonderful, philanthropic, outgoing, theatrical, loving, over-the-top person, and U2 is SUCH an amazing group as a whole (the whole "fingers vs. fist" thing), I almost have to carry around a notepad with me at all times to jot down yet ever MORE reasons for loving, admiring and respecting the man that Bono is, and the band that U2 continues to be...GOD BLESS them all. There never has been...and never will be another like them.

I can't wait for Vegas. I hope Mrs. Edge brings me lots of Kleenex.
smile.gif

Disco

Get busy, child.
-Crystal Method

Yes, the acting and the storyline and the props are adorable. I always thought Bono looked like a pocket protector nerd in that one though.

Mona, if you're reading this I hope you can post again soon, MacPhisto needs his loo cleaner. We would really miss you if you couldn't come back. I'm sure it's a mistake. Hopefully it will be straightened out soon.

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Moaner, you did bring up a good point. About all the myriad reasons to love our Boner.
smile.gif

I hope I don't "go off" here, but truly, I have NEVER ever known of (in my lifetime) another band with a frontman who was ever more suited to being...well, the frontman for U2. I know we've had many threads on this, but Bono is SUCH an amazing, wonderful, philanthropic, outgoing, theatrical, loving, over-the-top person, and U2 is SUCH an amazing group as a whole (the whole "fingers vs. fist" thing), I almost have to carry around a notepad with me at all times to jot down yet ever MORE reasons for loving, admiring and respecting the man that Bono is, and the band that U2 continues to be...GOD BLESS them all. There never has been...and never will be another like them.

I can't wait for Vegas. I hope Mrs. Edge brings me lots of Kleenex.
smile.gif

Disco

Get busy, child.
-Crystal Method

I vaguely remember screaming GOD BLESS U2 and sing Stuck in a Moment when I was pissed on the ferry coming back from Dublin.

smile.gif
heheh
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

"You wanna play my guitar? Then you just come up here and play my guitar" ~Bono~

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Yes, the acting and the storyline and the props are adorable. I always thought Bono looked like a pocket protector nerd in that one though.

Mona, if you're reading this I hope you can post again soon, MacPhisto needs his loo cleaner. We would really miss you if you couldn't come back. I'm sure it's a mistake. Hopefully it will be straightened out soon.
I want to be Bono's pocket protector! lol that doesn't make sense...

I can post again! woo! I think last nite I was scaring the board and the board outlawed me

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

"You wanna play my guitar? Then you just come up here and play my guitar" ~Bono~

lemons! My brother deleted my ST video. Curses upon curses. It took forever to download. I still have ths Simpsons spoon one though.....

*Bono brandishes flowers*

I just thing the song is good and happy. If you read the lyrics like an essay someone wrote for enlgish class or something, you'll hurt your brain, cause some parts don't make too much sense.

Blue-eyed boy (Bono) + a brown-eyed girls (Mona) = BonerMoaner SweetestThing

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

GYRATING FIRMEN!!!!!! What is THAT about?!

We need Bono to give commentary on the whole thang

------------------

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

Sicy posted a pic once of Bono brandashing the flowers from the video. It's now the background on my comp!

*sighs* I'm a little partial to the video myself...

NO EFFING WAY!!!!!!!!! WHA--??? BONO ON PIANO??? When did this happen? Was I sleeping? Who's idea is this??? Does he do it at all the concerts? I wanna see!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Originally posted by Macphisto_esq:
Ithey did it really well, and Bono played Piano! just him on piano(and singing too) and Edge on guitar, I was impressed.

Moner-Boner, I agree, what is UP with the bumping/grinding firemen in the video anyway?? I never understood that...even with the lyrics. Does Ali like looking at hotties with bodies? Does she have a fireman fixation? Do sirens turn her on??
biggrin.gif
WHAT-ever.

I'll have to ask Bono that in Vegas, ha ha.

I love the ST video, in a kind of amusingly cheesy way of course. The only bad bit is having to endure Boyzone. Eugh.

That song used to get on my last nerves at first.
biggrin.gif
I'm able to stand it now, hell I'll admit I sing along! But I love the video its too cute and Bono is way to adorable in it!
smile.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

That video always makes me smile ... I love the part where Bono has the dog puppet waving the white flag and the part at the end where one of the boys hols a halo over his head.

I hope i find a hubby like Bono someday!

------------------
Jessica
"Rock and roll doggie"

Moner-Boner, I agree, what is UP with the bumping/grinding firemen in the video anyway?? I never understood that...even with the lyrics. Does Ali like looking at hotties with bodies? Does she have a fireman fixation? Do sirens turn her on??
lol! hotties with bodies

LARRY should be a fireman. HOO-AH!

Mona: Is it hot in here or is it just YOU?

FireManLarry: Em...your kitchen is just bloody ashes and flames now.

Mona's mommy: !!!!! WERE YOU MICROWAVING POPTARTS AGAIN?! #@$%!!!!!!!!

eh.

------------------

DREAM OUT LOUD

lol, mona!

are you doing your homework?
smile.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

Back
Top Bottom