Yep, it's a sickness....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
*SIGH*

I worry about me sometimes. I attended lovely holiday parties both last night and tonight, and you know what? All I kept thinking about was when I could leave, get back home and get on Pleba and back to U2! And this is after spending several hours every day on line searching, looking for, and talking about the guys already.

What is the matter with me - am I sick? Am I deranged? Am I obsessed? Am I completely WACKED???
confused.gif
eek.gif

Tell me I'm not nuts. PLEASE. I'm starting to think that should be on Luvox or Zoloft or something...my serotonin levels seem to get ELEVATED only when I'm doing anything relating to U2...help???

Do they even realize what kind of havoc they wreak in our lives????????????????
frown.gif

LOVE. THEM.

Disco

i feel your pain...i was fine until i found PLEBA...I went out tonight with my friends to a sports bar and my best friend's husband introduced me to his friends like this:

Friend's Husband:"Iris, these are my co-workers"

Iris: "Hi, nice to meet you all"

Friend's Husband: "This is Iris, she is obsessed with U2 and spends a lot of time online in a fan chat site talking about them."

Friends Husband's co-workers: "?????"

Iris: "Uh, thanks Steve!, I am not that obsessed!"

It will come and go... I first got hooked in 1989 and spent two entire years completely obsessed with Bono. I wrote letters to him (which I did NOT send), filled my journal with stories about what I wanted to tell him, fantasies about meeting him accidentally and falling in love (why am I confessing this, exactly??), and in really high-strung moments, held conversations with him and Edge in my head. We didn't have the web back then, so I had to be content with scouring the library and record stores for any shred of anything U2-related. I learned how to operate a microfilm reader for Bono!!

I was so touched that Bono and Ali had a daughter that even made a baby-sized bracelet and embroidered "Jordan 5/10/90" on it and sent it to U2 World service. I got a nice postcard back. I spent hundreds of dollars during that time on posters, records, tapes, CDs, bootlegs, ANYTHING with a U2 or Ireland connection. Good thing they weren't touring at the time, or I probably would have dropped out of school and followed them around.

This obsession faded as I found other things to occupy my time--studies, boyfriends, other music. The Zoo TV came, and I finally met Bono, and I thought that settled my obsession forever. When Pop came out, I wasn't even going to go to any shows--tickets were too expensive to sit in the back of a football stadium and watch them prance like ants on the stage.

Famous last words. I was lucky enough to win tickets to a Popmart show (had to name a set of 10 1-second-long U2 snippets and be caller 13). I took my husband. The rest is history. We went to Ireland that year to see Popmart; I cried when I couldn't get to Seattle that year for the final show. I've been to 7 Elevation shows this year, covering thousands of miles. My husband went to 6 of the 7 shows I attended.

And then came PLEBA. I kind of feel like that bad guy in The Matrix: Why, oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill!!!?

Just kidding of course. I love it here, though it is taking up too much of my time. I'll blame it on my husband being out of town.
biggrin.gif

Sorry this is so long.
--
You, I'm waiting for you
You, you set my desire
I trip through your wires

Disco, hon, I am completely with you on this one! It doesn't seem to me like only one week ago I had a normal life, then I decided to join PLEBA and now I can't stop coming here!

True story...today I left college for Winter Break, it's only a couple hour drive to get home...but the whole way I was thinking about the fun I was missing by not being here for those couple of hours...Then I was watching a movie with my family and all I could think was "Please let this be over soon so I can get online and post!" Those are seriously my stories...and if that means that I'm sick and deranged well then that's another aspect of my personality I've explored!

I'm all for being as addicted as possible to something this good! I just don't understand why other fans aren't like us!

So we'll be partners in insanity!

hippy

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

They have gotten to me too. I am addicted. They control my emotions, in good and bad ways. They are at the heart of my feelings, I take things personally. They have been running my life and I have enjoyed it and suffered for it.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

this makes me feel better to hear, also. At work I say to myself "ok, i'll return one customer's phone call and then just quickly check in at PLEBA." but i stay longer than I meant to...

When I come home from work, I wonder "have people posted anything funny/new/hot?" so I plop down in front of the computer and start clickin'...

when I drive around for my job (and i spent A LOT of time in the car) I always have some kind of U2 song playing. If it's sad, and I'm alone...i WILL start crying. If it's happy, I sing my heart out. At first I thought I was a nutcase...but then I found all of YOU.

I think it's ok, really. I mean, we should be emotional about a group of guys that are trying to bring beauty, laughter and social justice to the world.

I'm wavering on the fan letter idea. I work for a science center, and we do these cool walk-ups, like Shrinky Dinks. I was going to make some unique U2 shrinkies and send them along with instructions. I was trying to think of something out-of-the-ordinary that they might notice.

Now I'm thinking I might make my services available to PLEBA afficionados. If someone comes up with a cool design, I can print out shrinky dinks and send them to you, and you can shrink them at home! Then we will be able to identify other PLEBA fans by checking their key rings, etc.

I feel like this and i'm not EVEN in a f*cking band:

BP: When did you last cry and why?

ADAM: Probably during the album because it was a very confusing time but emotionally I always get very fucked up after a tour. When you come back you have to settle in to normal life again, it's just very very frustrating to have had something taken away from you which is your whole reason for existence, you know you get up every day knowing you're going to do a show each night and then when it's all over you have to come back and like pay the electricity bill and open the door to the postman or whatever it is, there is a frustration there and an emotional confusion about who and where you are and what you're doing. I find I tend to cry a lot then.
BP: And is there a lonliness involved with that?
ADAM: I think life is lonely. No matter what you do at the end of the day it's down to your decision, your choices, nobody can make those for you and I think that's lonely.

I guess, as long as this whole U2-worshipping-thing leads you to something new and makes you see the world with other eyes, it will be ok. But sometimes I think, it rather stops you from beeing open for other things, that are not U2 related. All your friends and colleagues might already recognized that according to your behaviour.

It's cool to develop skills like writing stories, drawing or learning to play an instrument to express your love for U2's music.

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Glad I'm not alone on this.

But it's now after 4 AM and I'm still here! GAAAHHH!!!

And so to bed!

Well, it really doesn't help much when you're a teacher and you have progress reports due the next day and you still haven't imputed grades into the gradebook.

See, my obsession started out a bit slow... I started liking U2 in high school (as evidenced by the journal I kept that had all the popular 80's music bands on the cover - U2 being one of them) but never had the opportunity to see them in concert. 1992 rolled around and I *MISSED* them at Dodger's Stadium in California. I was so bummed. I couldn't go because I had no way of getting there and wasn't about to take the bus.
smile.gif
I found out later that one of my best childhood friends went with his buddies. No fair. He at least brought me back one of the KROQ U2 stickers. I still have that somewhere.

Fast forward a couple of years... before Pop came out, I was more and more a U2 fan. Loved all their music and had all their CDs. It got worse and worse as 1997 approached and their new album came out. I told myself back in 1992 that no matter what, I would pay whatever means possible to see U2 up close. I ended up scoring a pair of floor tickets for the San Diego Popmart show. I had a blast, as it was my FIRST concert ever. I took three days off of work and made it a mini-vacation. I was properly satisfied and thought that I didn't have to go see them again in Los Angeles in June (I didn't like crowds anyway). Well, whaddaya know... a girl I worked with offered me two tickets for the Los Angeles Popmart show and I couldn't resist. So, I went again. And was properly entertained. Boy, I thought it was even more exciting than San Diego, but still couldn't help but feel a bit jealous of all the people standing down there on the field.

Flash forward to the Elevation era. I tried and tried to get good tickets for the first leg of the show. Didn't happen. I ended up with nose-bleed seats for April 24, 2001. Still, I enjoyed myself. Then, it happened. This is where the obsession *really* begins. See, I had already been somewhat obsessed from before because I changed my license plate to read U2 ROKS and had a cool U2 sticker on the back window of my truck. All my friends knew I was very into U2, and just left me alone.
smile.gif
Still, it happened.

What happened, you ask?

I met Larry.

It all happened rather innocently. I had gone to the local Denny's after the show and was bouncing off the walls from the show I had just witnessed from the nose-bleeds. Even though they looked like ants performing on the stage, I still had a blast. After the Denny's run, we all went our separate ways. However, as I was waiting to get on the freeway, a little voice inside my head started telling me, "hey, remember that post you read on U2-list that if you ever want to meet the band, wait around at the back of the arena?" *Yes,* I said to myself. I didn't need any further prompting. I drove around the corner of the arena and parked my U2-mobile... fashionably parked at an angle where everybody could see my ultra-cool plate.
biggrin.gif

I saw a group of people waiting around, and one girl told me I had just missed Adam. Bummer. I really wanted to meet Bono and Edge, especially Edge. I was an Edge Girl, after all. Oh, and I thought Bono was incredibly hot, too. I stood around and waited... and two towncars pulled out. Bono was in one (looking very tired and sad) and Edge was in the other (couldn't see him). Suddenly, another towncar pulls out and stops. OHMYGAWD... my heart is racing. Larry steps out and walks over to the little group waiting for him. He proceeded to sign all of our stuff and be his dry-witted self when the drunk guy next to me started singing off-key "One Tree Hill" - Larry tried to tell him to not quit his day job, but the joke was lost on the drunkard. Mr. Drunk Man tried to give Larry an "I Love You, Man" hug, but Larry put his hand out to stop him (like a stop-sign) and said, "No I'm through with you." Mr. Drunk Man staggered away.

See, I was in awe of the fact that I was standing next to someone who was so, so, OHMYGOODNESS, yummy. I couldn't believe that he signed my program. I looked at it, dumbfounded, then stood back in line for him to sign my shirt. He even took a picture with me. Wow. wow. wow.

Then, the obsession started. The very next day at work, my students were looking at me with a bit of trepidation because I was leaning against the wall, grinning like an idiot for no apparent reason. Problem was, they wouldn't understand why I was grinning like an idiot. Nobody would understand. Not even my boyfriend. My best friend, maybe, but nobody else.

Then, Disco happened. She kept telling me all these goofy stories about this place called PLEBA. She forwarded posts to me and I couldn't help but want to join. She even forwarded some pictures of Larry for me. See, my obsession with Larry was getting worse. I finally joined PLEBA in October, and I swear, my U2 life has taken on a new meaning.

Because of Disco, I was able to experience my very first "Inside the heart" in Vegas. Then, she came with me to see the boys the very next day in LA. Obsession is a strange thing, is it not? Because of my Disco friend, I have been more blessed with U2-ness than ever in my life. Even the floor ticket I had at San Diego Popmart pales in comparison to the joy I experienced in Vegas and LA. Then again, Popmart was its own show and I enjoyed myself immensely. It's just I can barely put into words what I felt standing in the heart, second row from the rail, staring at Larry playing his drums, and staring at Adam looking so cool playing his bass. Wow. I am forever changed. Somehow I started to drool and wished Larry could play *me*.

OHMYLORD, did I just say that?

*is scandalized*

I have more pictures on my harddrive of U2 than I care to admit. I don't even think my boyfriend knows just how many pictures I have. And, of Larry! OHMYLORD! Holy SHITE! He is just, RAWR.

OK. off I go to breakfast.
smile.gif

Moonie

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting
(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Originally posted by Discoteque:
*SIGH*

I worry about me sometimes. I attended lovely holiday parties both last night and tonight, and you know what? All I kept thinking about was when I could leave, get back home and get on Pleba and back to U2!

Me and ScottPhisto went to his company party the other night, and all we could talk about was U2! We went up to the DJ and asked if he had any U2 to play. He said, "Sure. Old U2 or new U2?" I told him, "Man, if you could play some old-school U2 that would be rad!" (Yes I say "rad" sometimes.) So he told us he'd play I Will Follow. It would be awhile before the real music came on (at that point it was Muzak-style stuff before dinner was over), so we wandered around for a while. The party was at the Museum of Flight, so every other joke was an "elevation" joke. We went to the flight simulator they had set up and pissed off the other people in the thing because we wouldn't shut up! As we were walking around, waiting for them to play the song, every once in a while I would holler "I Will Follow!" and we would immediately start to dance like they did in the video: ScottPhisto did Edge's bouncing thing and I did all Bono's awkward New-Wave moves. Then I tried to teach ScottPhisto how to swagger around like Rattle and Hum Bono, but it didn't work so we just did the PopMart lunge/lean-back-on-on-foot-thing. And this was right in the middle of all the dinner tables! We kept almost killing the poor waiters. And we looked particularly silly because we're both 20 and most of the people at the party were in their 30s ans 40s and dressed much nicer than we were. So we went up to this exhibit about the Apollo moon landing, and I told him about how it was all a hoax and we never REALLY went to the moon, and ScottPhisto played with all the gadgets and we remarked how much nicer the living-room setup where the mannequin family was watching the landing on TV was so much nicer than any living-room WE'D ever had.

We never heard the DJ play I Will Follow. We waited, through garbage like "Who Let the Dogs Out," for him to play it but finally we got sick of it and left. We wandered around outside, doing our MacPhisto impressions. I stood at the very top of the stars leading to the main entrance, leaned over on my tip-toes, and said "Look! I'm on the edge! Get it!?!"

Then I sang "Van Diemen's Land," and then we saw a rabbit! We followed it for a few minutes until we got bored and Scott was trying to think of the words to "Glycerine" and we were talking about how if me and him and Mona were ever in a room together the universe would explode and then ScottPhisto's roommate gave us a ride home. She's so nice.
smile.gif

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Sting, you know I love you but you got a hell of a lot to learn about Rock n' Roll." -Bono

"Bono's stuck! I need something to poke him with! I can't get Bono out!!" - Mona

"Just because he's 40, bald and has five kids doesn't mean he's not adorable!"
- Me, before a LONG silence

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Go l? neach neamhshaolta do dhiosca crua. - May an alien being lick your hard disk.

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 12-09-2001).]

I think I know what's going on...you know, what the cause of the sickness is.

I left the house today (*gasp*) and went to lunch with my husband (yes, i have one and his name isn't Adam, but he does wear sexy pants and he is an irish immigrant!) anyway, I thought - "getting out of the house and conversing with real people is good. No more U2 for a few hours."

Not true.

We went to a shoe store and I was humming along to "Still haven't found..." (get it- running? I want to run? running shoes?) and the store TV played "What's Goin' On?"

Bono all over the place.

Next we went grocery shopping. As i pause to pick out some shallots (yes, I buy shallots) and mushrooms, I wonder..."what dinners would I make for the band? Should I post a new thread? would others get irritated? I think it's a creative question..."

I regain my senses momentarily and realize I've been standing there daydreaming with a cucumber in my hand...then I run away from the vegetables before people find out what a fruit I am...

on my way through the store more temptation awaits. I surreptiously look at the magazine rack for the new Spin magazine and see a small photo of U2 on Rolling Stone. "Whoa!" I say and reel myself back under control.

Escape to the frozen food section when all of a sudden I am bombarded...

"Stuck in a Moment" comes in loud and clear over the store radio. It's inevitable...inescapable. I just gave in.

All the time in school I'm like 'blah blah blah PLEBA blah blah'

and ppl are like 'who names their children "Echo," "Bluey," "Disco," and "Fishy?" lol

I go through withdrawal without PLEBA

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Not to criticize the Boys from Dublin, but who names their children "Blue Angel?"

where did they of it?

what does it mean?

did adam give Blue Angel his pants?

i think of PLEBA (and really both the forums i belong to) as a whole different world. i go through my daily life and associate with my acquaintances and friends in the real world. but when i come online, it's like i become immersed in this whole different world. PLEBA is like an escape. i don't talk about it with my friends and family often, to me it's like my own little secret.

somethings coming over me... my baby's got a secret...
smile.gif

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

I Hear ya, Disco!
biggrin.gif

I have tons of important stuff i must do everyday, but i still cant forget about U2 or this place. Just too special.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Originally posted by elizabeth:
Not to criticize the Boys from Dublin, but who names their children "Blue Angel?"

where did they of it?

what does it mean?

Well, there is the legendary US Navy Aerial demonstration team The Blue Angels. They rule!
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Me too, Mona. Me too. *nods head in all seriousness*

in school I'm like 'blah blah blah PLEBA blah blah'...and ppl are like 'who names their children "Echo," "Bluey," "Disco," and "Fishy?"...I go through withdrawal without PLEBA

And then came PLEBA...Why, oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill!!!?

Yep. When I welcome newbies here it's with a warning: you will now never leave. And am I ever wrong? I think not.

At first I thought I was a nutcase...but then I found all of YOU.

Bwahahahahahaaaaaa...that's priceless Elizabeth, my thoughts exactly. I may be a "nut" in real life, but I feel like I'm "home" when I'm here with you wacky gals guys!
wink.gif

Here is a link to a couple of sites that I think may prove helpful for the majority of PLEBAians: http://www.zoloft.com http://www.ocdonline.com

TheU2 - this is weird, but I just went to those sites before I posted!!! Seriously - I was looking at what kind of um..."mothers little helpers" were out there for people like me (us?).

We waited, through garbage like "Who Let the Dogs Out,"

OMG!!! This was the party I was at Friday night!!! I SUFFERED through that crap, plus all the Bee Gees *cough*hits*cough*, the Macarena, Boot Scootin Boogie...plus there was NO alcohol at this party, and the coffee kept running out--GAAHHH!! And for this I put on a forman, makeup and *sparklies*???
eek.gif

Love the company we keep in this place--let's hear it for all us U2 NUTTERS!

Disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-09-2001).]

Originally posted by Echo:
we got bored and Scott was trying to think of the words to "Glycerine" and we were talking about how if me and him and Mona were ever in a room together the universe would explode
1. PRRREEETTTYYY GGAAAVVVIIINNNNN

2. We would create this *vortex* of weird / funny. We'd have to wear saftey goggles and protective gloves or something. *combust* Feck. Who's gonna clean up that mess?!

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

remember how i tried to escape U2 and they followed me into the shoe store and the grocery store?

it happened again!

really!

first, I'm out on the road and stop at a Sheetz for coffee (size doesn't matter.) (emm..that's their slogan, not a personal mantra of mine.) I walk in and bump into this guy who has just turned around from the magazines with a copy of the Spin issue starring...you guessed, it: U2.

I back away slowly...get my coffee, speed back to work. (after buying my own copy of Spin.)

on the way home from work, about 2 hours later, I think...I wish this radio station would play more U2. They claim to be the station "where the music matters." And whaddya know...over the airwaves comes Bono's sweet, sweet voice crooning "Miss Sarajevo" to me...sitting shocked in my Chevy. I was dumbfounded.

Now who's the stalker and who's being stalked? Huh? huh huh huh?

Now who's the stalker and who's being stalked? Huh? huh huh huh?

you are right elizabeth...it seems they may be stalking you!
smile.gif

i dont usually have that many u2 'coincidences' happen to me!
frown.gif
*i am gonna be over in this corner crying!*
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

I'm addicted to PLEBA...I love it so much...I like get all shakey and stuff when I'm not here...it's like a withdrawl lmao...I'll hit refresh like 100000 times in 1 minute trying to see who posted something new...and if nobody did I'll just sit there staring at the screen pondering whether or not I should write a story just to see a new post LOL
biggrin.gif
It's funny

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
I'm addicted to PLEBA...I'll hit refresh like 100000 times in 1 minute trying to see who posted something new...and if nobody did I'll just sit there staring at the screen pondering whether or not I should write a story just to see a new post LOL
biggrin.gif
It's funny

shhh....ME TOO! but don't post a lot or they yell at you. you have to *hide* your posts in other people's threads so they don't notice you have no life other than this.

I am completely addicted to this place.... it's pretty sad if you're supposed to be having fun w/ your boyfriend on a Friday night, but instead you're w/ your boyfriend, bummed out cause you're wondering what you're missing on PLEBA.... (been there)

And when I tell my sis about this place, it's usually "Echo & Mona wrote this flipping hysterical script", or "Scottphisto said this", etc. and she looks at me like I've been smoking something....
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

DISCLAIMER: SERIOUS CONTENT THAT MAY BUM PEOPLE OUT AND START TO REALLY THINK I SHOULD BE BOOTED OFF PLEBA

it's getting kind of late here...i'm tired and alone...listening to too much leftfield can make anyone a bit nuts...

and then searching through some mp3 archives I came across this song, and realized that it captures how I feel in certain moments about certain things.

this would probably be better in the confessionals area, but I don't *know* anyone there...hell, i don't really know anyone here! but for some reason i feel like if i post this here, SOMEONE here will understand.

it's like...it's not really that i like HIM, because obviously i know little or nothing about the man. But there's something weird in my brain lately and every once in a while I feel like this. It's pure fantasy, and maybe that's why I like thinking about him so much, because of the escapist aspect of the fantasy.

Maybe it does a human good to escape for a little while and think about something that is exciting and different and thrilling. It stirs the soul, keeps us from getting complacent. Or maybe it's a kind of release of pent-up frustration with daily life. A break to think about something else for a change.

It would be something exciting to be connected with what he represents. For awhile.

So I guess it's not really HIM that is what I'm attracted to, but the role his persona plays in my psyche.

anyway, here's the song that dragged all this to surface. download it if you can, it's stellar sexy.

Hooverphonic - Mad About You

Feel the vibe, feel the terror, feel the pain
It's driving me insane
I can't fake
For god sakes why am I
Driving in the wrong lane
Trouble is my middle name
But in the end I'm not too bad
Can someone tell me if it's wrong to be so mad about
you
Mad about you
Mad
Are you the fishy wine that will give me
A headache in the morning
Or just a dark blue land mine
That'll explode without a decent warning
Give me all your true hate
And I'll translate it in our bed
Into never seen passion, never seen passion
That it why I am so mad about you
Mad about you
Mad about you
Mad
Trouble is your middle name
But in the end you're not too bad
Can someone tell me if it's wrong to be
So mad about you
Mad about you
Mad
Give me all your true hate
And I'll translate it in your bed
Into never seen passion
That is why I am so mad about you
Mad about you

it's like...it's not really that i like HIM, because obviously i know little or nothing about the man. But there's something weird in my brain lately and every once in a while I feel like this. It's pure fantasy, and maybe that's why I like thinking about him so much, because of the escapist aspect of the fantasy.

Maybe it does a human good to escape for a little while and think about something that is exciting and different and thrilling. It stirs the soul, keeps us from getting complacent. Or maybe it's a kind of release of pent-up frustration with daily life. A break to think about something else for a change.

It would be something exciting to be connected with what he represents. For awhile.

So I guess it's not really HIM that is what I'm attracted to, but the role his persona plays in my psyche.

Elizabeth....I know how it feels...since I was 12 there's always been someone I wanted even though I never knew them. It was sad, knowing I would never meet the person, whoever it was. I'd never even be able to tell them how much they meant to me. It hurt a little, but what hurt a lot worse was later, when I fell in love with somebody in "real" life. I spent a few years in a catasrophic series of relationships, maddening crushes....now I'm back to square one. I lost all my friends, I was driven out of the city I called home. All that pain and misery, and I'd gained nothing. It occurred to that these men I fell in love with via satellite were much more rewarding. I learned from them; they gave me hours of enjoyment; I gained a new appreciation for the world. Things I rarely got from any man I ever actually met.

Whatever you get from HIM, or his persona, take it and appreciate it; it's more than most people could give.

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Sting, you know I love you but you got a hell of a lot to learn about Rock n' Roll." -Bono

"Bono's stuck! I need something to poke him with! I can't get Bono out!!" - Mona

"Just because he's 40, bald and has five kids doesn't mean he's not adorable!"
- Me, before a LONG silence

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Go l? neach neamhshaolta do dhiosca crua. - May an alien being lick your hard disk.

DISCLAIMER: SERIOUS CONTENT THAT MAY BUM PEOPLE OUT AND START TO REALLY THINK I SHOULD BE BOOTED OFF PLEBA

i am not bummed out with your comments, i think we are all here for different reasons, but mainly because this does serve as a release for many things. i don't think anyone of us is necessarily missing something in our lives, we just found a place where we all connect and feel comfortable enough to express our most deepest thoughts and fantasies. that is absolutely normal.
you wouldn't be booted off pleba for expressing your thoughts, we love sharing stuff around here!

i really like that song too, thanks for sharing!
smile.gif

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom