Yay! I'm going to Dublin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I got the call this afternoon. I'll be going for six weeks this summer through a study abroad program. SO excited!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Yay!

souLnation2002 said:
wow, thats great!

what are you studying?

(bonosloveslave...Either is technically okay, but I usually go by Jen. :happy:)

Actually, the program is really cool because I will learn about Irish history, literature, and politics...And since I'm a writing major and history minor, it's perfect!

wertsie said:
Actually, the program is really cool because I will learn about Irish history, literature, and politics...And since I'm a writing major and history minor, it's perfect!

coolness! I'm a lit major/history minor :) I'm actually writing my thesis on Anglo-Irish lit :D and I have some special plans in the works for grad school

is this a program through your school?

hippy said:

coolness! I'm a lit major/history minor :) I'm actually writing my thesis on Anglo-Irish lit :D and I have some special plans in the works for grad school

is this a program through your school?

:| No, I had to go through a school in PA because here at GVSU you have to be going into social work to go to Ireland. But I still get college credit and all.

So...are you thinking of Ireland for Grad School?

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Yay! That's deadly! Congrats! :D
I'm gonna be there too! Wanna meet up for a pint? :)

:happy: Hey, why not?

I don't know too many of the details yet, but I'm staying in a flat on O'Connell Street somewhere. :shrug: I can't wait to get all my info. They said MAYBE by Christmas...they're still handling last-minute applications for the spring program.

wertsie said:

:happy: Hey, why not?

I don't know too many of the details yet, but I'm staying in a flat on O'Connell Street somewhere. :shrug: I can't wait to get all my info. They said MAYBE by Christmas...they're still handling last-minute applications for the spring program.

I'm gonna be staying in a place called Ballyboden, in the southside. That's where my boyfriend Brian lives. But as soon as I get a lil job I'm gonna start saving money to rent an apartment somewhere near the city centre. God knows how long it will take me! Renting a place in Dublin is really really expensive. :huh:

Last edited:
hippy said:
If anyone's gonna be around in Dublin in about a year and a half... I'll be looking for a flat and someone to share it with! It would be great if I knew someone before I went over there :)

This thread makes me so excited :D :hyper:

:hmm: I'm starting to think a little about grad school myself...we'll see how this summer goes first though!

me and my brother are looking to move to Dublin next year.......

only problem is that it's sooooooooooooo expensive - even by UK standards (although I don't think it's as expensive as London)

anyway.....like Hippy said......this thread has got me REALLY excited...

wooooooooo hooooooooooooo!

*plotting to rob a bank or marry a millionaire or something so I can live in Dalkey*

here's a link to a website showing rented accommodation available:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daf...7e3536f&s%5Barea_id%5D=cit1&search=Browse+%BB

hope the link works! as you can see, its at least 800 euros per month just for a one bedroom studio. If you were to buy a house in Dublin, you'd be lucky to have change from about 300, 000. if you were sharing, it'd be not so bad, but you're gambling on who you live with:

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?s%5Barea_id%5D=cit1&search=Browse+%BB

not sure of the exchange rate of euros to dollars / pounds. And I don't know if this will seem as expensive to anyone else, but for someone from Nottingham who used to pay ?350 a month (about $500-ish?) for a 3 bedroomed semi-deatched house with drive and garden, it seems REALLY pricey!

hippy said:

last time I checked... a euro was almost equivalent to the US dollar :)

:yes: that's what I've heard too. Thanks for posting those links. I will definitely be checkin' that out!

Back
Top Bottom