XMas presents....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What does one give one's boyfriend for Christmas?

I seriously have no clue. Usually I'm really good at figuring out presents for people. But Michael, I have NO CLUE :eek:

Idears? Experiences?

As if I'm really at ALL qualified to be saying any of this...

a cowboy suit studded with rhinestones (so he can look even MORE like PopEdge)

a journal decorated by you with little personalizations (pics, your favorite lyrics, quotes, etc.)

a nice date

hmmm.....

Then, well, there's always :censored:

My fiance and I are a couple of big kids...:tongue:

Last Christmas, I bought him three Japanime DVD's and a PS2 game. :)

You can ask him right out what he wants...John basically knew he was gettin' the DVD's cuz I had asked him for a list of the ones he already had...so...I was kinda obvious. :tongue: He still didn't know which ones (or how many) he was gonna get though! :)

Not sure what he's gettin' this Christmas though, since we won't be together...gotta be somethin' that's easy to mail. :sigh:

Mona-where do you two( :D ) live?
If it's cold, you could knit him a scarf.....
(I think I'm on a secret mission to get PLEBA girls to join me in crafts-I always bring it up as an option)

The good news, it's not December 24th yet, so you still have time. Maybe he will start talking about something he wants...
There's a lot of DVD's coming out between now and Xmas, along with lots of music.

Mrs.Clayton said:
Mona-where do you two( :D ) live?
If it's cold, you could knit him a scarf.....
(I think I'm on a secret mission to get PLEBA girls to join me in crafts-I always bring it up as an option)

I wish I knew how to knit...

*would end up supergluing yarn together cuz there's no way in hell I'd be able to figure out how to knit* :D

Bonochick said:

I wish I knew how to knit...

*would end up supergluing yarn together cuz there's no way in hell I'd be able to figure out how to knit* :D

Girl, if I can do it...then every PLEBA girl can do it. It really isn't that hard...I mean gloves and sweaters are hard(so I don't do them :D ) I just stick to scarves and dishcloths(they're pretty hard to mess up, and if you do, it's easy to fix)
I actually taught myself(which was stressful but fun)...Bonochick, you live in cold country...do a lot of people knit there?

I like the personalized journal...one year for my best friend Jeramee, I gave him the book "Oh the Places You'll go" because he was leaving for Australia for a year, this year I am giving him "the Giving Tree" it was his favorite book as a child and it fits our friendship so well...

Sometimes the simplest gifts are the best because they come from the heart.

Mrs.Clayton said:

I actually taught myself(which was stressful but fun)...Bonochick, you live in cold country...do a lot of people knit there?

I think more people knit than I realize.

My grandma was going to teach me how to knit...we used to live next door to each other...but I got busy...moved away...and now she's dead. :sigh: Would have been so cool to have her teach me how to knit.

*stops getting thread off-track* :wave: :D

Oh...I actually have a cute idea for a gift for my baby for Christmas...but I can't post it here...because he reads PLEBA sometimes...:shifty:...don't wanna spoil the surprise! :D

Mona,

I think you can't go wrong with a nice warm sweater or a shirt in Michael's favorite color. I especially like giving sweaters because your guy could snuggle in it and feel cozy on a cold day when you aren't there, and he can think of you!

Of course, since he dressed up like Edge for Halloween, it would be cute to get him a T-shirt just like the ones that Edge wore during the Elevation tour. (Hmm...Edge really should have dressed up as Michael when he went trick-or-treating around Venice Beach!)

If he likes sporting events, try to get a pair of tickets for a Terrapins basketball game. That's really neat because they are the NCAA Champions right now!

And a record that he doesn't have that you like would be good, too. You could introduce him to a new artist or band that way.

Just my two cents...

Diane

FishNeedsABicycle said:
I like the personalized journal...one year for my best friend Jeramee, I gave him the book "Oh the Places You'll go"

my mama got me that when I graduated
:hug:
I crochet, but I don't konw anyone who knits who can teach me

MonaVox said:
Fishy.

Can you see me knitting?

:lmao:

knitting.jpg

dood, you'd probably stab someone with the knitting needles! or you'd end up knitting a lopsided scarf... it would come out trapezoidal instead of rectangular or something ;) :tongue:

Oh wait...that's not entirely accurate...I forgot the security blanket of junk that comes with any mona activity...

875.jpg

*actual junk barriers were used in the making of this photo...just ask NY & NJ...

NY & NJ: *shudder*

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Oh wait...that's not entirely accurate...I forgot the security blanket of junk that comes with any mona activity...

875.jpg

*actual junk barriers were used in the making of this photo...just ask NY & NJ...

NY & NJ: *shudder*
:laugh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom